SMS Payment Authorisation

The National Bank Australia said there is a problem with people in Thailand receiving SMS transaction approval from the bank. 

Thailand and UAE as well.

The bank sends the SMS but is blocked.

If you are having this problem when trying to pay bills, you have to contact the bank and get them to remove the SMS security.

On 8/7/2024 at 11:52 AM, carlyai said:

The National Bank Australia said there is a problem with people in Thailand receiving SMS transaction approval from the bank. 

Thailand and UAE as well.

The bank sends the SMS but is blocked.

If you are having this problem when trying to pay bills, you have to contact the bank and get them to remove the .

Thank you , Does that work  now ?

Yea , they are pretty backwards at the NAB.

I was doing International transfers with SMS ,OTP to Thailand years ago, than they changed something and than it  didn't work anymore. they said they would fix that and let me know . 

Now 5 years later  still Nothing . 

I use Wise in AUS now . I transfer  from Nab to Wise (no transfer Fees) and Wise transfers the funds to BangBank in Thailand .

• Thumbs Up 1

@digger70 Hi, I use Wise like you for international transfers, but buying a birthday present for my daughter-in-law NAB sent an SMS to me in Thailand to quote the number but it never arrived, was blocked by Thailand, so I couldn't complete the Australian transaction.

We did some testing, where I could receive messages from the bank, but not SMS authorization number.

3 hours ago, carlyai said:

@digger70 Hi, I use Wise like you for international transfers, but buying a birthday present for my daughter-in-law NAB sent an SMS to me in Thailand to quote the number but it never arrived, was blocked by Thailand, so I couldn't complete the Australian transaction.

We did some testing, where I could receive messages from the bank, but not SMS authorization number.

NAB told me that 5 yrs ago that it was Thailand AIS at fault , we contacted AIS and they said it was NAB's Fault AIS never blocked any numbers. 

We were on the phone for nearly 3 days , I got them to call Me on the Thai number after Complaining for an Hr how much it was going to cost me for their Stuffed Up system.

So back to NAB and in the end they Admitted that it is their System at fault .

I Am Still waiting  to hear from them to tell me if they Fixed or not . 

I haven't called NAB  to try again I'll stick with Wise .

There are many others here that have the same trouble .

When I feel up to it I probable  check again one day if I /They can make it work.

4 hours ago, carlyai said:

SMS authorization number.

They have my Thai number  for the International Transfers .

They tested sending a Normal SMS  with that number and that works. 

There system is pretty Awful .

Tried changing Address That took about 6 months before the found out the problem , and cant fix that problem.

Problem is their system can't compute  the Slash  /  in a house number like   69/2 

We had to use the small horizontal  -  Key instead of the Slash to make it compute  in their system and Emails.

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

NAB told me that 5 yrs ago that it was Thailand AIS at fault , we contacted AIS and they said it was NAB's Fault AIS never blocked any numbers. 

We were on the phone for nearly 3 days , I got them to call Me on the Thai number after Complaining for an Hr how much it was going to cost me for their Stuffed Up system.

So back to NAB and in the end they Admitted that it is their System at fault .

I Am Still waiting  to hear from them to tell me if they Fixed or not . 

I haven't called NAB  to try again I'll stick with Wise .

There are many others here that have the same trouble .

When I feel up to it I probable  check again one day if I /They can make it work.

They have my Thai number  for the International Transfers .

They tested sending a Normal SMS  with that number and that works. 

There system is pretty Awful .

Tried changing Address That took about 6 months before the found out the problem , and cant fix that problem.

Problem is their system can't compute  the Slash  /  in a house number like   69/2 

We had to use the small horizontal  -  Key instead of the Slash to make it compute  in their system and Emails.

Yes NAB are a bit indifferent.

Yesterday I saw a suspicious withdrawn from one of my accounts. On talking to the fraud department, they said they didn't have my email address so transfered me to another department to update my email address and they said they have it already.

NAB got some holes in their system.

card account

16 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Yesterday I saw a suspicious withdrawn from one of my accounts. On talking to the fraud department, they said they didn't have my email address so transfered me to another department to update my email address and they said they have it already.

card account

Yes for sure . It could be just the employees not knowing what they are doing  if they are not trained properly , but they are not fixing them  No matter how many times we complain.

3 hours ago, carlyai said:

card account

Hey there carlyai.   

Just Tried Again after 5 Years with NAB for an International money Transfer Via Internet banking .  

Just done a dummy  Run AU$100 , If one sends THB they will give you a Bad exchange Rate.    As much as 1 THB or more than the Bangkok Bank Per AU$

Guess what they must have my Thai phone number that I gave them 12Yrs ago Registered now ,That's the Only number that they have from me. 

The Transfer Did work They send me the  6 Digit  OTP   ,

I just cancelled the transfer as the fee was AU$ 30  For Transferring  AU$100

Phone  Apps are Free   I don't use them.

If you Transfer with Wise for a Higher  amount AU$ 10000 it will cost AU$64.93   🙏

• Thumbs Up 1