Is a one-year, multi-entry marriage visa still available from HCMC?

I have been getting these through the e-visa portal and the Los Angeles consulate, but they are no longer available. Single-entry only now.

I know that they are still offering them through Savannakhet, but from Chiang Mai it is much easier to fly to HCMC.

Thanks

I looked and looked and couldn't find a single confirmed report of anyone going to the HCMC thai consulate to get a year long, multi-entry Non-O visa based on marriage to a thai since the covid sh*t-show ended and the countries opened back up 😕 

In fact I could only find ONE confirmed report of someone getting a 90 day single entry there

I'd say CALL them (they speak english just fine) and ask OR resign yourself to slogging to Savannakhet <- remember they now require you show 400K baht in a thai bank account in your name only for 2 months before you apply for the year/multi Non-O  

• Like 1

the multiple non-o is still there, same paper work, now you need appointment and adequate finance is required

https://hochiminh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-o-accompanying-thai-spouse-and-family-members?page=5d80ab3315e39c2fe800a7ab&menu=5d80ab3315e39c2fe800a7ac

show 400K baht in a thai bank account in your name only for 2 months before you apply for the year/multi Non-O

i don't think 2 month is require, just a prove you have the fund 

Edited by jacey
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, jacey said:

the multiple non-o is still there, same paper work, now you need appointment and adequate finance is required

Can you point to a multi entry non O from HCMC in recent times.

I have seen denied applications at Hanoi.

Some comments re HCMC in attached thread.

OP, have you considered Savannakhet.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1308373-ho-chi-minh-multiple-entry-marriage-visa/

Thank you for the advice.

I called the Consulate and was told that everything is like before the pandemic and that they are still granting 1-year visas.

Follow up question: in case the above information is wrong, can one get a re-entry permit to transform a single-entry non-O visa into a multiple entry during the 90 days I would be stamped in for? I am asking because I need to travel abroad every month for treatment.

8 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

only for 2 months before you apply for the year/multi Non-O

Now they've added seasoning?

Absolute madness for a visa intended for people who don't live in Thailand and caused by those who abused it!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, PFV said:

Follow up question: in case the above information is wrong, can one get a re-entry permit to transform a single-entry non-O visa into a multiple entry during the 90 days I would be stamped in for?

NO, if you buy a 90 day single entry, you get stamped in ONE time for 90 days. A re-entry permit does not ADD time to that 90 days, just lets you exit/re-enter DURING that time and still get the 90 day expiration date on the stamp. 
You need to buy the year-long, multi-entry Non-O visa which is unlimited entry during the whole year the visa is valid for

1 hour ago, MangoKorat said:

Now they've added seasoning?

Absolute madness for a visa intended for people who don't live in Thailand and caused by those who abused it!

Yes, it is madness to require showing money to live with your wife - especially given there is no welfare here.  I am not aware of people "abusing" it - which would could only mean not being married to a Thai, based on the terms of the visa.

• Sad 1

In 2023 I went to HCMC to obtain non-O visa multiple entries based on marriage and got only single entry instead (very hostile attitude from the embassy stuff).

I've provided Thai bank statement + bank book with significantly more than 400k.

However, a guy working at the embassy that day, asked for more documents:

1) 12 months of transfers more than 40k monthly from abroad;

2) official letter from my company that should verify my yearly income.

For years I've been using tourist visas to live in Thailand and been told here and there to switch to appropriate "long" visa and everything will be okay. I did it. So what? Not really much better, rules and requirements still changing all the time (now some embassies require 400k even for single entry non-O while you can get DTV for 5 years with 500k). 

• Like 1