Would a hand drawn land map(of property) suffice on a will?

Wifes mother got a house but no owner

paper,either on the house or the land its built on(Isaan). Q:if we make a hand drawn map,showing the land and size,corners etc would that be acceptable on a will from mother to daughter with standard 2 witnesses?

5 minutes ago, sanook 1 said:

Wifes mother got a house but no owner

paper,either on the house or the land its built on(Isaan). Q:if we make a hand drawn map,showing the land and size,corners etc would that be acceptable on a will from mother to daughter with standard 2 witnesses?

Not qualified to say.......but in the LOSs I would would err on the side of saying NO!

If there are no ownership papers of any sort, presumably it is government land and could easily be taken back by the government???

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Not qualified to say.......but in the LOSs I would would err on the side of saying NO!

If there are no ownership papers of any sort, presumably it is government land and could easily be taken back by the government???

Its on sor kor 1 land, but the property has got those border markers on all the corners(which i guess the land office put)? Q:is it possible to have land documents printed at the land office (would they keep them on file?)since she doesnt have anything?

7 minutes ago, sanook 1 said:

Its on sor kor 1 land, but the property has got those border markers on all the corners(which i guess the land office put)? Q:is it possible to have land documents printed at the land office (would they keep them on file?)since she doesnt have anything?

There certainly should be.....the only proviso being....'if they are doing their job properly'.

We have similar papers and the wife guards them with her life.

I would certainly pay them a visit......as a farang I would keep out of it, don't even let them see you......let the Thais sort out everything.

P.S. Take plenty of photos.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

There certainly should be.....the only proviso being....'if they are doing their job properly'.

We have similar papers and the wife guards them with her life.

I would certainly pay them a visit......as a farang I would keep out of it, don't even let them see you......let the Thais sort out everything.

P.S. Take plenty of photos.

Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1