Will Trump piviot?

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Trump is coming across more feeble and insane than ever.

As the remaining dotard in the race, he's starting to smell his own defeat and in this case he also knows that means the literal end of his life (to die in prison).

So he has nothing to lose by trying anything illegal to regain power because he literally is on the verge of losing everything.

You said that 8 years ago

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Definitely that is the plan and it may work if Harris wins by a small or modest margin.

This is why the democrats need to go balz to the walz and try to win overwhelmingly. 

A 6 percent polling lead needs to happen after Convention.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, susanlea said:

You said that 8 years ago

and  every 4 years hence, "Trump doesn't always pivot, but he often dances (even on a sinking ship aka campaign.)"

Edited by watthong
  • Love It 1

9 hours ago, watthong said:

the candelabras adding a fitting touch of the "tenebre..." (pardon my french.)

Someone on US TV news said something about Liberace, like the decor was from his estate sale. 

Not the first such reference about the occupants of the 45 admin

'Fresh from the Liberace discount bin': Melania's Memorial Day medallions roasted

And then my brother George . . .

49 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

That latest "news conference" where he told the lie about being in a helicopter with former San Francisco mayor Willie Brown

Were you there? It's his word against Willie's. Not to say that Trump might have "misspoke" as liberals always say. 😉 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

How can ANYONE back such a loser/lunatic?

Oh, remembering much better times when he was prez, I suppose. Biden/Kamala have brought us "an insecure national border, inflationary deficit spending, unaddressed homelessness, anti-Israel pandering and the funding of an intractable, existentially dangerous proxy war against Russia." That's for starters. He's obligated to follow the Republican Party platform, which promises to solve those problems, at least. Of course, they're just politician's promises, but those sound better than more of the same from Kamala 2.0 and that buffoon she's picked up as VP.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Were you there? It's his word against Willie's. Not to say that Trump might have "misspoke" as liberals always say. 😉 

No. Flat out no.

There is no reason for Mayor Brown to say that so emphatically.

You are really gonna feel silly when you finally realize what a crazy loser criminal you're backing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

What would Trump pivot on policy wise? 

His policies are all public knowledge and posted on his website, and most of the country support his policy positions. Meanwhile, Harris/Walz are flip-flopping on virtually every position they have taken in the past, pretending to be moderates, and the fawning press does nothing but run cover for them. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Stop trying to hijack the 'weird' adjective. We all know who the 'weird' ones are and that includes you.

Nobody's trying to "hijack" a term. I've seen so many references to a 3-letter term that has been used from the red hats for so long.

If the shoe fits . . .

Edited by HappyExpat57
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What would Trump pivot on policy wise? 

His policies are all public knowledge and posted on his website, and most of the country support his policy positions. Meanwhile, Harris/Walz are flip-flopping on virtually every position they have taken in the past, pretending to be moderates, and the fawning press does nothing but run cover for them. 

I must be mistaken as I differ that his policy's are as you say

" most of the country support his policy positions."

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I must be mistaken as I differ that his policy's are as you say

" most of the country support his policy positions."

Urr ummm huhh? 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, BigStar said:

You believe Trump's story about a helicopter ride with Willie Brown?

Really?

• Like 1

On 8/8/2024 at 12:20 PM, xylophone said:

"Out of sort"........is that a polite way of saying that trump is probably suffering from a form of dementia, and it has become worse recently?

James Pennebaker, a social psychologist at the University of Texas at Austin, performed a formal analysis based on complete transcripts of 35 Trump interviews from 2015 through this year. "There’s reasonable evidence suggestive of forms of dementia,” he said. “The reduction in complexity of sentences and vocabulary does lead you to a certain picture of cognitive diminishment.”

"Trump’s habit of speaking off-topic is likely related to the frontal lobe, the part of the brain involved in executive function such as planning and problem-solving", said Andrew Budson, a neurology professor at Boston University and author of “Seven Steps to Managing Your Aging Memory.” This is the area of the brain and aspect of thinking that is most often affected by aging.

Trumps recent mangling of a speech in which he was "all over the place"; think electric boats, sharks......he told earlier this month about theoretically getting electrocuted by an electric boat. “It’s actually not crazy. It’s sort of a smart story, right?” he said at a rally this weekend after a visit to a South Carolina boatyard, whose owners purportedly complained that they couldn’t get boats to float if they were manufactured with a heavy electric battery. “So then I start talking about asking questions,” Trump said. “You know, I have an, I had an uncle who was a great professor at MIT for many years, long, I think the longest tenure ever. Very smart, had three different degrees and you know, so I have an aptitude for things. You know, there is such a thing as an aptitude. I said, ‘Well, what would happen if this boat is so heavy and started to sink and you’re on the top of the boat? Do you get electrocuted or not? In other words, the boat is going down and you’re on the top, will the electric currents flow through the water and wipe you out? And let’s say there's a shark about 10 yards over there. Would I have to immediately abandon or could I ride the electric down?’ And he said, ‘Sir, nobody’s ever asked us that question..........maybe because no-one else is that dumb!

And he is a candidate for POTUS.......Weird or frightening, take your pick

His electric boats/shark story wasn't even the best (worst?) example of his inability to string consecutive coherent sentences together. 

Just look at this gobbledygook from a speech he gave in January. I'm not sure how anyone could read this and not recognise the clear signs of cognitive decline.

"We’re also going to place strong protections to stop banks and regulators from trying to debank you from your political beliefs,” Trump said in the New Hampshire speech. “What they do, they want to debank you. And we are going to debank, think of this. They want to take away your rights. They want to take away your country, the things you’re doing. All electric cars. Give me a break. If you want an electric car, good. But they don’t go far. They’re very expensive.”

Trump keeps losing his train of thought. Cognitive experts have theories about why

• Thanks 1