UN 'Deeply Concerned' by Thailand’s Opposition Party Ban

5 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

I'm surprised all 14 million MFP voters haven't been charged with 112-116 violations.

But maybe that would look bad?

Early days......

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Unfortunately, Thais have been very "mai pen rai" from a very young age. Most countries there would be millions on the streets by now.

As it was in East Germany 35 years ago.

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Maybe the Thais that you know, I know very bright Thais with a (more than) good income.

Me too, example: Thai man with 2 masters degrees in business, soon to complete his Ph.D.

But the degrees themselves don't produce funds.  He holds the franchise for Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia for one of the worlds biggest / most successful management consulting companies and has advised / helped many companies to build / rebuild structured employee behaviors which contribute strongly to bigger incomes.

His personal income would be at least 40,000  -  50,000Baht a day.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Srikcir said:

The UN didn't have stewardship over Gaza. The King of Jordon did but ignored by Netanhayu and former POTUS  Trump.

UNRWA provided the school systems, and the teachers that presided over decades of Israeli hate teachings. They knew of the tunnels, turned a blind eye to Hamas thuggery. They would have known of the command centres under and around the schools. It's a disgrace, and high time the western world reigned in the left wing excesses of this failed organisation.