Today at 7/11.....

4 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Your pointing out a flaw and thus causing loss of face was a bigger deal than her potentially losing a few baht. Farangs also tend towards being (unknowingly) aggressive/serious in such matters.

I might look serious, but I am not aggressive with Thais. Not smart at all.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, novacova said:

Don’t take it personally, why bother to read in to strangers dispositions or thoughts. 

Language barrier perhaps? Haven’t you ever experienced cashiers and shopkeepers having a bad day in where you’re from or other countries? 

My Thai is quite understandable to most Thais, although it is Lanna Thai.

You may be right, I can't expect good manners from everyone.

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I might look serious, but I am not aggressive with Thais. Not smart at all.

Yeah, get that. Not meaning in the literal aggressive sense, more so in one's general demeanour. You just have to look at the average farang in 7-11s etc interacting with staff and in trying to get their request across (and while standard practise in farangland--esp Russia), they don't see that they are being a bit pushy. Have also had your kind of scenario when I've been perfectly polite and had the cold shoulder, but very rare. Perhaps bad hair day, who knows. Generally find 7-11s to be a highlight of my day though. 😀

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What interaction is required at 7-11? Do you not just lay your stuff down and pay? 

The staff always seems nice enough to me. 

I buy cooked stuff all the time. Mostly friendly. I never check bill unless really high. Who knows what a 20yo thinks.

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What interaction is required at 7-11? Do you not just lay your stuff down and pay? 

The staff always seems nice enough to me. 

And I read that they are ready & able to help poor people to register for their Bht 10,000 !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Wouldn't waste the gas ! I just get them to deliver it, then it's all paid and sorted and no need to go there. 😀

Some items are actually cheaper if bought online than in the shop too !

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Wouldn't waste the gas ! I just get them to deliver it, then it's all paid and sorted and no need to go there. 😀

Some items are actually cheaper if bought online than in the shop too !

Not when your nearest ones are 13 km away, in 3 different directions. How far will they deliver, any idea?

Better to stock uo on the burgers cold, and stick ém in your own microwave.

But which things are cheaper delivered please?

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I went to 7/11 today from the village to pick up lunch. OK, I slum it occasionally.

I bought about half a dozen items, took them to the cash register. The young girl behind the counter put the double pork burger and cheese aside to be microwaved.

She scanned the items, and gave me my change. I pointed out she had not scanned the burger, or charged me for it.

It was if I had offended her, or caused her to lose face. No smile, no thank you after I had rectified an error which might have got her pay docked at the end of the day.

I still fail sometimes to understand Thai people.

She was giving you a freebie because you are such a good customer. How ungrateful!

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I still fail sometimes to understand Thai people.

You are not the only one.

I gave up years ago.

it is an exercise in futility. they are in a world all of their own!

bob.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Notice to all trolls I have on ignore:

I occasionally peek at what you post. If it's inflammatory or a personal attack, I report it.

You are wasting your time posting, because I won't respond, and regard you and your sniping attempts as lower than whale sh!t.

ahhh, so you are the resident grass!

got it.

bob.

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1