Good reasons to vote for Harris?

BobDobbs

15 minutes ago, retarius said:

If you want America to lose its premier position in the world, you should vote for Harris. She is dumb as a box of hammers which is why she won't debate and wants the questions up front. She will make a series of bad liberal decisions that will flood the country with more and more criminal migrants, will mire the country in debt and increase the deficit dramatically.....with 5 trillion deficit; 45 trillion national debt she will be the death knell of the dollar.

Right. Dumb and accomplished more than any of us here. Ridiculous comment

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mdr224 said:

Polls dont mean anything. No debate has even happened yet

There was a Debate but Trump just shoveled so much in Unnfact checked BS , Joe was overwhelmed, Joe couldn’t get on  Trumps gutter Level 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

I looked it up before I posted my comment - shame you don't like it!

I am not saying you are wrong, all I am saying is that at 2.89%, inflation is 69% over target, which is 2%. 

What do you think the target is?

23 minutes ago, Irish star said:

There was a Debate but Trump just shoveled so much in Unnfact checked BS , Joe was overwhelmed, Joe couldn’t get on  Trumps gutter Level 

So, you didn't watch it, I thought not. 

26 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I am not saying you are wrong, all I am saying is that at 2.89%, inflation is 69% over target, which is 2%. 

What do you think the target is?

I am aware that trumpers prefer to shout a number that sounds insanely high that few people (other Trumpers) will fact check against a number that is well within acceptable levels. The actual figure of 2.89% annually is not insanely high as stated by another member which is the reason I commented on this aspect in the first place

9 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

I am aware that trumpers prefer to shout a number that sounds insanely high that few people (other Trumpers) will fact check against a number that is well within acceptable levels. The actual figure of 2.89% annually is not insanely high as stated by another member which is the reason I commented on this aspect in the first place

4 years of 2.9 to 8.4 is very high. Average is terrible. The average should be 2 or less.

7 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

I am not disagreeing with your claim that the 2.89% is correct. 

Again, the target is 2%. 

The Fed - Why does the Federal Reserve aim for inflation of 2 percent over the longer run?

Again, if the target rate is 2%, and if the actual rate is 2.89%, then the actual rate is 69% of over the target rate. 

It's not some kind of MAGA trick, it is just basic arithmetic. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

Inflation in USA as we speak is 2.89% and is in line with Government economic strategy.

Those numbers are totally fake. I don't know what commodities they're are basing those fake numbers on, but please try to explain to me why it is that every 6 months when I go back for a visit everything is 10% higher. That feels like a whole lot more than 1.5% you are quoting to me. And everyone I know back there saying the same thing they cannot believe how much prices are skyrocketing and they've barely settled down. 

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Those numbers are totally fake. I don't know what commodities they're are basing those fake numbers on, but please try to explain to me why it is that every 6 months when I go back for a visit everything is 10% higher. That feels like a whole lot more than 1.5% you are quoting to me. And everyone I know back there saying the same thing they cannot believe how much prices are skyrocketing and they've barely settled down. 

Which means Biden is worse than figures say. Yet you support him.

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Sorry Mike, they are not my figures, I am only the messenger! Its true that many products including food are more expensive but they have been taken account of in the figures. I am quoting official figures; if they are fake, I will ask you to try to explain how and why, other than you find it hard to believe. https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_inflation_rate

9 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Sorry Mike, they are not my figures, I am only the messenger! Its true that many products including food are more expensive but they have been taken account of in the figures. I am quoting official figures; if they are fake, I will ask you to try to explain how and why, other than you find it hard to believe. https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_inflation_rate

The number look correct to me, and it is only 69% over target. 

Good job Kamala! 

On 8/13/2024 at 4:07 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

There's really only one good reason to vote for Harris.  The alternative is another 4 years of Donald!

that alone is a sufficient reason.

On 8/14/2024 at 2:36 PM, Yellowtail said:

Based on gun death data, that I have posted here any number of times. "Assault" weapons account for less than 2% of firearm deaths in the US, but you know that, yes? 

The reason you don't arrive at logical conclusions is because you only analyze issues with very shallow thinking.

Sure.... assault rifles contribute a small % of gun deaths.

Most assault rifle deaths are amongst the easiest firearm deaths to prevent.

The arguments often used to defend the sale of assault rifles are amongst the weakest the gun lobby has ever put forth.

These two factors make an assault rifle ban one of the most reasonable steps towards lowering firearm deaths.

An individual can greatly lower their risk of a death from a gun by:

- avoiding drug activity

- avoiding gang activity

- avoiding people involved in theft, robbery and other property crimes

There are not many options for people to avoid nutjobs with assault rifles.

3 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

The reason you don't arrive at logical conclusions is because you only analyze issues with very shallow thinking.

The arguments often used to defend the sale of assault rifles are amongst the weakest the gun lobby has ever put forth.

These two factors make an assault rifle ban one of the most reasonable steps towards lowering firearm deaths.

- avoiding drug activity

- avoiding gang activity

How is it that "most assault rifle deaths are amongst the easiest firearm deaths to prevent? 

And unless you are the perpetrator how does one go about "...avoiding people involved in theft, robbery and other property crimes"? 

How would you define "assault rifle"? 

3 hours ago, retarius said:

If you want America to lose its premier position in the world, you should vote for Harris. She is dumb as a box of hammers which is why she won't debate and wants the questions up front. She will make a series of bad liberal decisions that will flood the country with more and more criminal migrants, will mire the country in debt and increase the deficit dramatically.....with 5 trillion deficit; 45 trillion national debt she will be the death knell of the dollar.

If you are using the scale of Kamala Harris as being "dumb as a box of hammers" compared with yourself, where do you think you are? I think the box is completely empty! Come to think of it, maybe there is no box either!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChrisKC said:

I could cite an unlimited number of examples of how phony these numbers are, and how they do not reflect the cost of living for the majority of people in the US. 

To account for quality upgrades, CPI statisticians in the United States introduced an extremely obfuscated concept called “hedonic adjustment,” which lowers prices in the CPI calculations to offset the higher quality. Determining the monetary value of these improvements is arbitrary and introduces subjectivity into the process, potentially distorting the inflation rate. 

Another major blind spot of CPI calculations is that they exclude asset prices, completely neglecting the market value of financial and real assets such as stocks, bonds, real estate and other investments. This renders the metric highly problematic, as changes in asset prices disproportionately affect the wealth of individuals with higher incomes. A measure that fails to account for these variables is an unreliable policy tool. It also creates a distorted picture of reality, leading to stock market or real estate bubbles.

However, the most widely criticized aspect of the CPI is that the goods and services that the fixed basket includes are assigned different weights by CPI statisticians, based on their relative importance to the average household. For instance, they might assume that rental costs account for 30 percent of total household expenditures, food and beverages for 20 percent, transportation for 10 percent, and so on. Obviously, the higher the relative importance or weight that a certain item is assigned, the more influential that item becomes in the total calculation. For example, if fuel prices suddenly explode, then those particular price increases are seen as “driving inflation,” as we saw two winters ago, especially in Europe. 

https://www.gisreportsonline.com/r/cpi-inflation/

• Thanks 1

I support:

Late Term abortions, unrestricted, and infanticide if necessary.

Hiring based on race

The Green New Deal

Banning gas stoves and cars.

No oil drilling

Shrinking the American military

Lawfare

Tampons for boys

Men in womens sports

Men in womens locker rooms

Censorship of speech

Huge government handouts

Tax increases

Genital mutilation of children

Government control over children above a parents

Destruction of Israel

Student Loan forgiveness

Appeasement of Iran

Siezure of firearms

Defunding police

Abolish ICE

Pack the Supreme Court

A wide open border to make us more diverse

Harris/waltz !!! Forward to the Future

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gamb00ler said:

- avoiding drug activity

- avoiding gang activity

Actually the opposite, because 99,9% of what you term assault rifles are used by law abiding citizens in a safe and responsible manner. Ordering their confiscation, as Harris wants to do, is madness.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, gamb00ler said:

- avoiding drug activity

- avoiding gang activity

You dont even know what an assault rifle is.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Yagoda said:

You dont even know what an assault rifle is.

Is that the scary looking one with the black stock and the muzzle break that sells for half what a decent hunting rifle sells for? 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Yes, maybe you are right but that doesn't make the inflation rate quoted as fake or insanely high because it doesn't include those elements you think should be. I don't understand why matters you raise are not included but does the average American have "Real assets, stocks, bonds, real estate (apart from homeowners) and other investments".

I don't claim in the slightest to be an expert either for USA or anywhere else. In this instance my comments are not political, though as an aside I am certainly against Trump.

The only claim I am making is that the recognised measure of inflation as stated that does include a selection of  everyday items, while accepting it has its downside, is not fake in itself -misleading maybe, in the overall scheme of things.

If you look at the chart, you will see a steady decrease appears to have emerged over the last six months - I don't understand that either! But that doesn't mean I think the figures are fake or that inflation is insanely high!

And I am not interested enough to delve further to prove right or wrong.

5 hours ago, Irish star said:

Frankly, Joe had a bad night, his age finally caught up to him.

But Trump was truly terrible. If his opponent had not been Biden, Trump's craziness during the debate would have been the story.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Actually the opposite, because 99,9% of what you term assault rifles are used by law abiding citizens in a safe and responsible manner. Ordering their confiscation, as Harris wants to do, is madness.

What are the uses of an assault rifle by a law abiding citizen? You can't use them for deer hunting.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Frankly, Joe had a bad night, his age finally caught up to him.

But Trump was truly terrible. If his opponent had not been Biden, Trump's craziness during the debate would have been the story.

Kamal would of fact checked him and lights out , he just repeats the same drivel over and over and his fear mongering the The Cult , if you don’t have me , it’s going to be worse than Venezuela , lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

What are the uses of an assault rifle by a law abiding citizen? You can't use them for deer hunting.

Sport shooting,  target practice,  killing vermin, self defense....

Although nobody seems to know what an assault rifle artist. Do you?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Irish star said:

Kamal would of fact checked him and lights out , he just repeats the same drivel over and over and his fear mongering the The Cult , if you don’t have me , it’s going to be worse than Venezuela , lol 

Kamal couldn't fact check a toddler.  Why do you think she is avoiding the media like the plague?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Sport shooting,  target practice,  killing vermin, self defense....

Although nobody seems to know what an assault rifle artist. Do you?

I don't understand your last sentence.

Killing vermin with an assault rifle? Are you nuts?

• Like 1