Marriage Visa - Proof of Income

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

An agent will not assist with this in regards to financials.

You are wrong. However, I am not sure I am allowed to post names of services that do financials here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP asked specifically regarding non O marriage.

An agent will not assist with this in regards to financials.

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

You are wrong.

No he's not.

An agent won't touch a Non O application based on Thai spouse, as these can only be approved by the regional office, not the local office.

7 hours ago, Liquorice said:

No he's not.

An agent won't touch a Non O application based on Thai spouse, as these can only be approved by the regional office, not the local office.

Sorry, but I know 2 that does, and deliver on their promise. But, if you say so, then you are of course right.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2024 at 9:22 PM, Liquorice said:

You're confusing the Non Imm O multiple entry visa with the Non Imm O-A visa.

Non Immigrant Non O multiple entry Visa.

Can be issued on the basis of retirement (+50) or Thai family/wife.

Valid to enter Thailand for 12 months from the date of issue.

Allows multiple entries of 90 days during the validity of the visa.

The permit of stay can be extended one time on each entry for a further 60 days, for visiting Thai family/wife during the validity of the visa.

You can stay for almost 15 months from a Non Imm O ME visa based on retirement, or 17 months with an additional 60 day extension based on Thai family/wife.

Non Immigrant O-A multiple entry Visa. (Long stay)

Only issued on the basis of retirement. (+50)

Valid to enter Thailand for 12 months from the date of issue.

Allows multiple entries of 1 year during the validity of the visa.

If you exit and re-enter just before the 'enter before date' of this Visa type you will be granted a further 1 year permission of stay. You will however require a re-entry permit if you intend to leave and re-enter during this 2nd year permission of stay period. This because when the Visa expires on the 'enter before' date so does the multiple entry allowance, which is only valid for the duration of the Visas validity (1 year).

You cannot obtain the Non Imm O-A visa within Thailand, only from a Country of which you are a national, or have permanent residency.

I am not confusing anything of the sort. Your whole post is unnecessary. The only thing I asked back, and wondered, was if the O-A (yes I of course know you need to apply for it outside Thailand, jeezz..) can be obtained based on marriage. I understand the answer is no, unless you correct me on that. I do know and understand all the differences regarding the extensions and visas based on retirement.

The last quote.. really? I am referring to health insurance bought abroad as not necessarily a bad thing, because you need it in Thailand.

I'm not an idiot, or a newbie to this.

DrJacks post too, this is a toxic place to ask for advice. 

"You so do not understand.."

Wtf.

Last time asking for help here.

Edited by thaibreaker
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, thaibreaker said:

I am not confusing anything of the sort. Your whole post is unnecessary. The only thing I asked back, and wondered, was if the O-A (yes I of course know you need to apply for it outside Thailand, jeezz..) can be obtained based on marriage. I understand the answer is no, unless you correct me on that. I do know and understand all the differences regarding the extensions and visas based on retirement.

The last quote.. really? I am referring to health insurance bought abroad as not necessarily a bad thing, because you need it in Thailand.

I'm not an idiot, or a newbie to this.

DrJacks post too, this is a toxic place to ask for advice. 

"You so do not understand.."

Wtf.

Last time asking for help here.

@Liquorice I mean, I understand the answer to that is yes. Not no. Whether I can obtain an O-A based on marriage in my own country.

It's the marriage thing that I haven't been sure of how that works, plus whether you might avoid the 12 months proof of pension income, or the 800k, from day one, with an embassy income letter of 65.000 (retirement). Still no answer to that, and that's fine.

The process based on retirement I have been through a few times already (don't need a lecture on that), but never the "marriage process".

Edited by thaibreaker

38 minutes ago, thaibreaker said:

I am not confusing anything of the sort.

I'm sorry, but you obviously were, and I could quote your posts with regard to that.

@DrJack54 and I have merely attempted not to criticise, but to correct your misunderstandings of the various visa type, yet you take offence?  

27 minutes ago, thaibreaker said:

Whether I can obtain an O-A based on marriage in my own country.

The Non Imm O-A visa is based purely on the requirements of retirement, regardless of which Country.

27 minutes ago, thaibreaker said:

It's the marriage thing that I haven't been sure of how that works, plus whether you might avoid the 12 months proof of pension income, or the 800k, from day one, with an embassy income letter of 65.000 (retirement). Still no answer to that, and that's fine.

Your Norwegian and that question has already been answered.

Yes, you can obtain an Embassy Income letter without depositing 800K in a Thai bank account or providing evidence of 12 x 65K monthly oversea transfers.

You need to decide which route you want to take, either based on retirement or Thai spouse.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

The Non Imm O-A visa is based purely on the requirements of retirement, regardless of which Country.

Your Norwegian and that question has already been answered.

Yes, you can obtain an Embassy Income letter without depositing 800K in a Thai bank account or providing evidence of 12 x 65K monthly oversea transfers.

You need to decide which route you want to take, either based on retirement or Thai spouse.

I know of course that I can obtain an income letter, the question was if the immigration would accept that from day one. An experienced visa agent in Pattaya said that was not possible before the second year, the extension. That was my dispute with him. I think he was wrong, and as I understand, so do you.

I am not a native English speaker, and may have challenges making myself understood. Or presenting my case.

I took offense because 95% of what you and DrJack were explaining, I did know very well. I didn't need that lecture. You were acting like I didn't have a clue about anything. It seems you (and DrJack) misunderstood the base of my question. You both showed that clearly at a couple of occasions. The confusion for me was the marriage part from my country. Everything else, I know perfectly well.

I've stated that I will do the retirement route, which I also have done a few years back.

Thanks anyway. I do not expect to get any help in the future, based on my posts here. Nor do I want any. I know when I have made enemies.

Just want to say that I miss ubonjoe very much. He had respect for us, and didn't always assume others had no clue, and treated them accordingly.

However, I thank you for the last clearing up, that O-A is only based on requirements for retirement. Finally that was helpful.

Edited by thaibreaker
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibreaker said:

However, I thank you for the last clearing up, that O-A is only based on requirements for retirement. Finally that was helpful.

Non O-A often referred to as "retirement visa" is applied for based on retirement. 

For the first extension of stay the extension would need to be applied for based on retirement.

Along with the required insurance.

The date of expiry of extension will match expiry of insurance policy.

Subsequent extensions can be obtained based on marriage and extensions based on marriage do not require insurance. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/19/2024 at 1:14 AM, Liquorice said:

No he's not.

Based on agent-cost quotes for marriage-based service, the district-level signature cost their agents 10K+ in envelope-money in the past.  More recent reports indicate this may have doubled.  Then, add-in the local-office "fees."  Only some agents have the district-level connection. 

The abuse heaped on at some offices when making marriage-based applications is, in part, due to the pressure from the "regional office" not to send them "no envelope" applications for sign-off - plus the local-greed.

I have observed honest offices (no agent service) in the boonies, who are under an infamous corrupt regional office, behave as though they were a child afraid of a beating, when processing these applications.  At least, they were not abusive, though.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, thaibreaker said:

I know of course that I can obtain an income letter, the question was if the immigration would accept that from day one.

Unbelievable!

Throughout this topic you've asked a question, which was answered, then your reply is 'I know I'm not stupid'.

If you know, why ask the question. Nobody has suggested you are stupid.

Why be concerned about an Embassy Income letter now, when it could be almost 2 years before you need to apply for an extension.

The mandatory Health Insurance requirements are due to change between Sept - Dec for the Non Imm O-A visa and extensions of stay.

3 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Unbelievable!

Throughout this topic you've asked a question, which was answered, then your reply is 'I know I'm not stupid'.

If you know, why ask the question. Nobody has suggested you are stupid.

Why be concerned about an Embassy Income letter now, when it could be almost 2 years before you need to apply for an extension.

The mandatory Health Insurance requirements are due to change between Sept - Dec for the Non Imm O-A visa and extensions of stay.

You still do not understand. Unbelievable, yes!

Again, I have been told from a well known visa agent, that an income letter does not help me the first year of extension. He says I will still need 800k in bank, if I can't show a transfer of 65.000 for 12 months into a Thai bank. Then what good does an income letter do, I ask.

That is what I ask your opinion about. How difficult is this to understand?

In his words, I will not be able to obtain a 90 days non-O, solely based on the income letter, which later can be extended with a year. Immigration will not accept it, as he has had other customers trying that. I have stated I will not have 800k in bank this time. I might have 400k (but want to avoid that too), that's why I also mentioned the marriage route.

But now we have stated that is not available as an option in my home country, throug an O-A.

I have just started my pension, and can only show a few transfers to my Norwegian account. That is why this is an issue for me, if no one accepts my non transfers, but solely my income letter from the embassy.

My embassy is providing me an income letter as we speak, of more than 65.000. I am worried that is not enough to get my 90 days non-O.

Do you understand what we are talking about now? All the other stuff have been a waste of time for me.

And I do want to avoid ending up using an agent, for the reason my income letter is not doing any good. 

My original plan was after entering by a 60 days visa exemption, get a 90 days non-O based on retirement, with my embassy income letter. Then extend.

That seems not to work. That's what I'm told.

My previous extensions based on retirement ended a few years back. 

Edited by thaibreaker

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Non O-A often referred to as "retirement visa" is applied for based on retirement. 

For the first extension of stay the extension would need to be applied for based on retirement.

Along with the required insurance.

The date of expiry of extension will match expiry of insurance policy.

Subsequent extensions can be obtained based on marriage and extensions based on marriage do not require insurance. 

Thank you, DrJack. 

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, thaibreaker said:

In his words, I will not be able to obtain a 90 days non-O, solely based on the income letter, which later can be extended with a year.

You may not be able to obtain a Non-O in Thailand with the letter, but I do not see why you could not obtain a 1-year extension, which is a separate process.

I would come to Thailand with a 90-day, Non-O Visa based on retirement (not the Non-OA 1-year), if possible.  If that is not available at the Thai consulate in your home-country, then I would get it in Savannakhet Laos, as others have reported. 

In this thread, a fellow used an income letter to get a 1-year Multiple-Entry Non-O based on retirement there.  In your case, you would only need the single-entry - then apply for the 1-year extension at immigration in Thailand.

Edited by Rob Browder
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

You may not be able to obtain a Non-O in Thailand with the letter, but I do not see why you could not obtain a 1-year extension, which is a separate process.

I would come to Thailand with a 90-day, Non-O Visa based on retirement (not the Non-OA 1-year), if possible.  If that is not available at the Thai consulate in your home-country, then I would get it in Savannakhet Laos, as others have reported. 

In this thread, a fellow used an income letter to get a 1-year Multiple-Entry Non-O based on retirement there.  In your case, you would only need the single-entry - then apply for the 1-year extension at immigration in Thailand.

Okey, thank you for that, Rob. I have been thinking of Savannakhet, so that might be a solution.

11 minutes ago, thaibreaker said:

Okey, thank you for that, Rob. I have been thinking of Savannakhet, so that might be a solution.

That's an option and note non O also available from Vientiane.

Note both places now require appointment.

If the money in bank is the deal breaker for obtaining a non O inside Thailand from visa exempt entry then be aware that the visa exempt entry is currently 60 days and extended by 30 + if married can obtain further 60 day extension to visit wife.

Of course this is to buy time for the non O application.

For subsequent extensions you can use your embassy letter to meet the financial requirements.

Of course the visa exempt entry + extensions can be repeated with border bounce to buy even more time. 

Messy but an option

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, thaibreaker said:

You've been asking about the Non Imm O-A visa all through this topic, not the Non O visa.

You can obtain the Non O visa from the Thai Embassy in Oslo without leaving your armchair, with which to enter Thailand.

https://oslo.thaiembassy.org/en/page/non-immigrant-visa-long-stay-retirement?menu=60b4ca31384de234ee5a28a2

Now, to go back to your previous question:

15 hours ago, thaibreaker said:

I know of course that I can obtain an income letter, the question was if the immigration would accept that from day one.

To which I replied;

17 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Which part of 'yes' did you not understand.

Many an expat has entered on a Non Imm O visa, then applied for and submitted an Embassy Income letter for their very first extension.

Edited by Liquorice

For an Embassy Income letter, you do not have to provide evidence of 12 months pension payments.

Just the statement detailing the monthly amount.

The Embassy will provide a letter stating they have been provided with evidence of a pension of xxx per month, which is xxx per year.

That is sufficient for Immigrantion.

Edited by Liquorice

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

That's an option and note non O also available from Vientiane.

Note both places now require appointment.

If the money in bank is the deal breaker for obtaining a non O inside Thailand from visa exempt entry then be aware that the visa exempt entry is currently 60 days and extended by 30 + if married can obtain further 60 day extension to visit wife.

Of course this is to buy time for the non O application.

For subsequent extensions you can use your embassy letter to meet the financial requirements.

Of course the visa exempt entry + extensions can be repeated with border bounce to buy even more time. 

Messy but an option

Yes, I know, but thank you for the clarification.

1 hour ago, Liquorice said:

For an Embassy Income letter, you do not have to provide evidence of 12 months pension payments.

Just the statement detailing the monthly amount.

The Embassy will provide a letter stating they have been provided with evidence of a pension of xxx per month, which is xxx per year.

That is sufficient for Immigrantion.

Of course I know this. I have stated I already have an income letter made for me, based on nothing else than a confirmation of my pension.

Nothing I have written dispute that fact. 

But we are back to what immigration will accept. Getting an income letter does not necessarily mean immigration will accept it. You have only provided the route for going this way, which I already knew, within Thailand. The whole reason and background for my posts was to get a second opinion on what immigration will accept, since the mentioned visa agent had his clear opinion it would not work, based on his experience.

Do you see the difference?

We will not have an answer to that before a few weeks from now.

But I understand now you think this will go through, with only an income letter. Okey, we will see. I'm still worried it won't.

Edited by thaibreaker

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

You've been asking about the Non Imm O-A visa all through this topic, not the Non O visa.

You can obtain the Non O visa from the Thai Embassy in Oslo without leaving your armchair, with which to enter Thailand.

https://oslo.thaiembassy.org/en/page/non-immigrant-visa-long-stay-retirement?menu=60b4ca31384de234ee5a28a2

Now, to go back to your previous question:

To which I replied;

Which part of 'yes' did you not understand.

Many an expat has entered on a Non Imm O visa, then applied for and submitted an Embassy Income letter for their very first extension.

Okey, the first link would be helpful last week. Now I'm already in Thailand. I missed that opportunity, didn't see I could only use the same confirmation there as I used to get an income letter in Bangkok, on a 90 days non-O. But it still would need to be approved by immigration in Thailand based on income letter for the 12 months extension. Maybe that would be easier. It seems so.

Thank you for this info.

Edited by thaibreaker

12 minutes ago, thaibreaker said:

Okey, the first link would be helpful last week. Now I'm already in Thailand. I missed that opportunity, didn't see I could only use the same confirmation there as I used in Bangkok, on a 90 days non-O. But it still would need to be approved by immigration in Thailand via the income letter for the 12 months extension. Maybe that would be easier.

Thank you for this info.

Perhaps you missed the OP...

"This is for Australian Retirees.
Seeing how the Australian Embassy does not provide proof of income, in this case the age pension, how do you prove proof of income for the "Marriage" Visa"

The OP is Oz . Posts re embassy letter for income letter are off topic.

Advice in future start your own thread to obtain best advice.

Entering Thailand with a non O and then subsequent extension using embassy letter would have been best advice for your situation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Perhaps you missed the OP...

"This is for Australian Retirees.
Seeing how the Australian Embassy does not provide proof of income, in this case the age pension, how do you prove proof of income for the "Marriage" Visa"

The OP is Oz . Posts re embassy letter for income letter are off topic.

Advice in future start your own thread to obtain best advice.

Entering Thailand with a non O and then subsequent extension using embassy letter would have been best advice. 

Thanks. Yes, I agree. I just thought I could ask another, but not completely off topic question in the same thread. 

I'll remember that. We would have avoided a lot of frustration from my side, also if I would have explained my case better.

Have a nice evening.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, thaibreaker said:

Thanks. Yes, I agree. I just thought I could ask another, but not completely off topic question in the same thread

It's not an off limits thing.

Your post will assist others in similar circumstances to yourself.

The income letter for non O applied for in Thailand does not have clear answer. 

Best advice is since you are in Thailand visit your local immigration office and discuss options. 

• Thanks 1