Having a harmless pet in a condominium (which does not allow pets)?

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am not sure if I will ever get a cat. But I am 100% sure I will never have a baby. 😉 

You've had the snip, so a GF won't either?

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sometimes it is almost funny when some people pretend they never ever ignored any rule, not even a little, not even a long time ago.

Did you ever drive 1 or 2 km/h too fast? Why did you do that? And all that.

IMHO the idea about rules is to make life better for most people most of the time. Lots of rules can be broken from time to time and no harm is done. 

If I would love rules, then I would live in Singapore and not in Thailand.

We have all broken rules, deliberately or inadvertently.

I thought the thread was about the practicality of having a cat in a condo. Rationalizations about having one are a different kettle of fish.

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sometimes it is almost funny when some people pretend they never ever ignored any rule, not even a little, not even a long time ago.

Did you ever drive 1 or 2 km/h too fast? Why did you do that? And all that.

IMHO the idea about rules is to make life better for most people most of the time. Lots of rules can be broken from time to time and no harm is done. 

It's your OP, you want experience, you got mine. If you've made up your mind already don't waste your time making the post then. Some of us don't like to hear the truth I guess. ..what's that old saying "Karma is a biotch" BTW, cats are not "harmless" pets.

Edited by StandardIssue

Just now, StandardIssue said:

It's your OP, you want experience, you got mine. If you've made up your mind already don't waste your time making the post then.

The following is what you wrote: "Simple, you are trying to justify to us how it's OK for you to break the pet rule. You want to be an exception. Everyone should understand your position and point of view."

I haven't made up my mind. But it seems you think you know my mind better than I know it. You don't! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I'm sure for most of us, cost of living is is far more significant facet than the 'rules'.. 

Some rules I like - i.e. motorcyclists not riding down pavements (sidewalks) etc... 

The issue with 'some rules' that seem innocuous and insignificant to some is that they are an issue for others - i.e. people with pet allergies...   those cute dogs yapping when the owner is out etc... 

Some of the rules exists as a generalisation because because its easier to have a sweeping rule, than specific 'criteria'... i.e. no dogs above 5kgs etc... as some will always push that and argue their 10 kg Rotweiler puppy is 5kgs...  and is not going to grow any larger...  

... in the end the rules fall apart and they get ignored - until something happens.

Always the same here - rules are not followed, someone innocent is impacted - usually the rules no matter how innocuous are for the 'greater good'....  even when some of them seem petty.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Cat's also in my MooBan - and this is more of an issue for me as they 'spray' up my car, bike and walls...  one has scratched my seat (motorcycle) so I have to put a cover on it every night - Owner of said cat has said he'll pay for any damages... but it still comes round spraying. 

I've tried counter measures, but none of them work - the cat still thinks it owns the front of our house !!

Buy a Cat Trap like I did. Both Neighbors have Cats and they used our Garden as Toiletts. Gave them a warning including 3 step action plan if that doesn't stop.

54 minutes ago, UWEB said:

Buy a Cat Trap like I did. Both Neighbors have Cats and they used our Garden as Toiletts. Gave them a warning including 3 step action plan if that doesn't stop.

And would you feel comfortable hurting or killing a cat in your garden? 

Not a good idea having cat in a condo, cats dont <deleted> on their own doorstep, especially if the project says "NO PETS" 

A friend of ours has a identical apartment to us, and she decided to rent it our long term, our project also has a no pets policy and very strict about it, this tenant decided to smuggle a cat in, she did kick them out, but now she cannot rent it out no more because of the smell of cat piss, these apartments have laminated floors, maybe she has to have the floor taken up. 

On top of that there is damage to the curtains and furniture,

The tenant used to leave the balcony doors open easy for a cat to get to other units, so if they had left their doors open the cat would go into the other units <deleted> and piss there, 

The way the building is designed the cat would be able to wonder across 5 different units, 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2024 at 1:03 PM, impulse said:

Male cats (at least the ones my significant others have owned) have a bad habit of marking territory with a stench that just won't come out, and making god-awful noises when they're upset.  Or horny.

This may well describe most males of any species?

I have to admit to the odd throat call or howl when upset..or horny

• Haha 1