The Shinawatra family continues to face challenges

9 hours ago, sabai-dee-man said:

Sick and tired of Yanks taking cheap shots at each other and bleating on about Biden & Trump in every single bloody unconnected thread! Can't the admins just delete any post mentioning one of them? (Including this one?!)

be curious to see how many "NON" Americans are actually sticking their useless comments in on those threads  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

The people did rise up. They voted for Move Forward didn’t they?

What do you think they should do? Take pitchforks and shovels and march on Bangkok? Fat lot of good THAT did last time round. We all saw what happens if there is civil disobedience.

The next election must be a huge landslide victory for the Peoples Party, if it's stolen again by the elites then yes, march on Bangkok 

• Agree 1

What challenges do they face?  Which mansion to stay at, home and abroad?  Must really suck being them.  I give it another 6 months before the military needs to step in yet again, and they will just flee overseas yet again to wait it out.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

This is Thaskin 

His government has been frequently charged with dictatorship, demagogy, corruption, conflicts of interest, human rights offenses, acting undiplomatically, using legal loopholes, and hostility towards a free press. A controversial leader, he has been the target of numerous allegations of lèse majesté, treason, usurping religious and royal authority, selling assets to international investors, religious desecration

UN Commission on Human Rights

"Lawyers have suggested that Thaksin's drug war might amount to a crime against humanity under Article Seven of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court [ICC], set up in 1992."

Thaksin finds this funny. "I've done nothing wrong!" he laughs. "I just give the policy."

Human rights commissioner Wasant Panich thinks otherwise. "Those who devised the policy are primarily responsible for the deaths," he says. Mr Wasant believes that only the threat of an ICC trial will ensure this kind of incident never happens. Thailand signed the Rome Statute in 2000 but, under Thaksin, didn't ratify it.

Edited by MikeandDow
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Thaksin was in charge ages ago, and the army and the Yellow Shirts did a coup to remove him. You have to bear in mind that Thaksin was democratically elected.

What Thaksin needs to do, is a purge to remove all those involved in the coup(s). Thailand must never again have a coup. A coup makes Thailand look like a Third World Banana Republic.

A coup ? Most foreigners in Thailand today don't know or don't remember what happened in Thailand previously. Between two decades and one decade ago, Thailand went through a disastrous era. Loads of people wearing Yellow Shirts, bringing Bangkok to a standstill with their protests, protests against a democratically elected government. And then red shirts wanting Thaksin back.

At one stage,  Yellow Shirts even took over Bangkok's airport, creating a situation where people couldn't fly into or out of Thailand. Look it up on the internet if you don't believe me.

I really do hope that Thailand has now matured into being a democracy. No more coups, no more mass protests to bring Bangkok to a standstill, no more taking over the airport. If Thais have a problem with the Thai government, well, vote through the ballot box. And never forget, for us foreigners, in Thailand, our views don't count. As far as all Thais are concerned, our views on what's going on in their country don't count.

Strange. No mention of April and May 2010. 

5 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Quote "If Thais have a problem with the Thai government, well, vote through the ballot box. "

are you living in a cave !!!  the Thais have already tired this and look what happened

Thailand is Not a democratic country  by-far, 

Why do 9  (unelected by the people) persons have the power to bring a government down

Why did International government try  to advice Thailand they where wrong in dissolving a political party ( never know this happen before)

Thailand is a 3rd world country and going backwards  

I do not express to know all the answers  but i know Thailand needs to get rid of all the corruption and has honest people in government to represent the people not just to grab power and money     

20 hours ago, zepplin said:

As usual, the biggest Thai trait applies, they are only thinking about today, and definitely NOT in 2 years time when they will suffer a landslide defeat in the next ele by the PP party. Thaksin had proven that he can’t be trusted and has been playing games ever since he came back! It’s amazing how healthy he is looking all of a sudden, lol! 
Him , his daughter and the old dinosaurs will all be gone next election , history will not be kind to them, just really hope there is no army coup following their embarrassing loss!

Thailand deserves much better, it’s about time!

Thailands coups will never stop, these old generals will have seen what being a PM means, ie topping up their off shore accounts etc, etc, so any excuse they can get for leading a coup will always be in some general's mind. 

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

These ministers don't care what anyone thinks, they just do as they please ...  it's a joke. 

Thaksin, then sister, now daughter, who next ... cousin, aunty, uncle ...  :clap2:

They haven't yet introduced the exam cheating son into the equation so far, another useless oxygen thief. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Lest we forget - taksin's under the table plan involves bigging up the police - if you have any doubts about his ability to fund a digital wallet or vote buying scheme.this is how he does it.Also,if he wouldn't attend jail or his sister -then guess who's going to have to pay the price....however will they stop Paetontarn from becoming a criminal?Should she be guided by a criminal? on the other hand you'd think they would double their efforts not to get caught again ...so perhaps she is a safe pair of hands ? didnt we think that with Sretta??

9 minutes ago, DTL2014 said:

Lest we forget - taksin's under the table plan involves bigging up the police - if you have any doubts about his ability to fund a digital wallet or vote buying scheme.this is how he does it.Also,if he wouldn't attend jail or his sister -then guess who's going to have to pay the price....however will they stop Paetontarn from becoming a criminal?Should she be guided by a criminal? on the other hand you'd think they would double their efforts not to get caught again ...so perhaps she is a safe pair of hands ? didnt we think that with Sretta??

She promised to do her duty to the best of her ability, show loyalty to the royal institution and act with honesty for the utmost benefit of the public and the nation.

what can go wrong  she has promised

Thaksin's 2001 and 2005 governments launched programs to reduce poverty, expand infrastructure, promote small and medium-sized enterprises, and extend universal healthcare coverage. It is hard to imagine they forgot all that but the young ones who don't know history may not remember.

However, he was elected a second time with an overwhelming majority in 2005 and I feel that is when the old guard turned against him for not playing musical chairs. He was simply too popular. 

Westerners only remember his ill-fated, failed, war on drugs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Thaksin's 2001 and 2005 governments launched programs to reduce poverty, expand infrastructure, promote small and medium-sized enterprises, and extend universal healthcare coverage. It is hard to imagine they forgot all that but the young ones who don't know history may not remember.

However, he was elected a second time with an overwhelming majority in 2005 and I feel that is when the old guard turned against him for not playing musical chairs. He was simply too popular. 

Westerners only remember his ill-fated, failed, war on drugs. 

Not only westerns remember war on drugs the Family's of the 2500 people killed

Thais also remember Tak Bai incident

corruption failing to disclose assets worth about 2.37 billion baht

started the insurrection down south still ongoing

the thais have long memory's 

yes i agree he started to do some good programs but at a terrible price to the thai people and to Thailand  The man is responsible for a lot of killing and corruption in Thailand to feather his own nest

with the internet i think the young are getting educated in thailand history and are realizing how evil this guy is 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, John Drake said:

10 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

Quote "If Thais have a problem with the Thai government, well, vote through the ballot box. "

are you living in a cave !!!  the Thais have already tired this and look what happened

Thailand is Not a democratic country  by-far, 

Why do 9  (unelected by the people) persons have the power to bring a government down

Why did International government try  to advice Thailand they where wrong in dissolving a political party ( never know this happen before)

Thailand is a 3rd world country and going backwards  

I do not express to know all the answers  but i know Thailand needs to get rid of all the corruption and has honest people in government to represent the people not just to grab power and money     

I'm not sure what you two are trying to say.   :smile:

So, what about 2010 ?  I take it you're talking about loads of Thais with Red Shirts bringing Bangkok to a halt ?  Why did the Red Shirts come out ?  Simple, some Thai bloke called Abhisit was leader of the Democrat Party, he was prime minister. The point is, his party was in charge, but they did not get in via an election.
So, lots of Thais in Red Shirts protested, they wanted Thaksin back in charge, and that's bearing in mind that Thaksin did get in power via the ballot box.

MikeandDow, I'm confused by your point.  :smile:
Thailand is not a democratic country ?  Well, I think I agree with you. Have you noticed that all the coups done from 2001 onwards have all been done to remove Thaksin ?  :smile:

Democracy ?  Democracy is about the ballot box drafting in a government. It's not actually about a government that we all reckon is great. We've had a democratic vote in Britain. Roughly 60% of the electorate voted, roughly a third of all votes cast were for Labour. Labour are in power, and most people in Britain did not vote Labour, but, but, Labour still got in via democracy. Labour being wrong in lots of peoples views is irrelevant to the issue of Labour being in power. And a huge majority too.

Back to Thailand. Delete Thailand's coups, if you only take into account the ballot box in Thailand, well, Thaksin would have been in power since 2001 to today.   :smile:

Edited by tonbridgebrit

5 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

Not only westerns remember war on drugs the Family's of the 2500 people killed

Thais also remember Tak Bai incident

corruption failing to disclose assets worth about 2.37 billion baht

started the insurrection down south still ongoing

the thais have long memory's 

yes i agree he started to do some good programs but at a terrible price to the thai people and to Thailand  The man is responsible for a lot of killing and corruption in Thailand to feather his own nest

with the internet i think the young are getting educated in thailand history and are realizing how evil this guy is 

Thais have long memories ? You might be right.  Do Thais remember the vast number of Thais with Yellow Shirts doing their protests ?  Protesting against Thaksin. Where are them Yellow Shirts today ?  Do the Yellow Shirts want to come out today, and do their protests all over again ?

It's hilarious to note that, the Yellow Shirts were supposedly pro-Royalists. And today, what do we see ?  The Move Forward Party have re-invented themselves, calling themselves People's Party.  PP are the big opposition in parliament, PP are against Thaksin. Move Forward Party, was supposedly, not pro-Royalist.

So, what now for today ?  How about a load of Thais, former Yellow Shirts, they put their Yellow Shirts back on, and they repeat their anti-Thaksin protests ?  Only this time, the Yellow Shirts are trying to install a near-enough anti-Royalist group ?  How absurd would THAT be ?   :smile:
Very absurd !

6 minutes ago, tonbridgebrit said:

I'm not sure what you two are trying to say.   :smile:

So, what about 2010 ?  I take it you're talking about loads of Thais with Red Shirts bringing Bangkok to a halt ?  Why did the Red Shirts come out ?  Simple, some Thai bloke called Abhisit was leader of the Democrat Party, he was prime minister. The point is, his party was in charge, but they did not get in via an election.
So, lots of Thai in Red Shirts protested, they wanted Thaksin back in charge, and that's bearing in mind that Thaksin did get in power via the ballot box.

MikeandDow, I'm confused by your point.  :smile:
Thailand is not a democratic country ?  Well, I think I agree with you. Have you noticed that all the coups done from 2001 onwards have all been done to remove Thaksin ?  :smile:

Democracy ?  Democracy is about the ballot box drafting in a government. It's not actually about a government that we all reckon is great. We've had a democratic vote in Britain. Roughly 60% of the electorate voted, roughly a third of all votes cast were for Labour. Labour are in power, so most people in Britain don't like Labour, but, but, Labour still got in via democracy. Labour being wrong in lots of peoples views is irrelevant.

Back to Thailand. Delete Thailand's coups, if you only take into account the ballot box in Thailand, well, Thaksin would have been in power since 2001 to today.   :smile:

well all i can say is i am not in favor of a coup in any shape or form, not a stable country.

And as far as thaskin is concerned he should be locked up for life  the thing he has done to this country is shameful, but the Thai people let him get away with it  ( think that is another discussion )

Democracy to me is MORE than just the ballot box its rule by the people Thais should be given the chance to Rule themself  but the military and the rich will not let this happen, let the Thais make there own mistakes, but for democracy to work NEED to get rid of corruption and instill honesty in the people 

7 minutes ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Thais have long memories ? You might be right.  Do Thais remember the vast number of Thais with Yellow Shirts doing their protests ?  Protesting against Thaksin. Where are them Yellow Shirts today ?  Do the Yellow Shirts want to come out today, and do their protests all over again ?

It's hilarious to note that, the Yellow Shirts were supposedly pro-Royalists. And today, what do we see ?  The Move Forward Party have re-invented themselves, calling themselves People's Party.  PP are the big opposition in parliament, PP are against Thaksin. Move Forward Party, was supposedly, not pro-Royalist.

So, what now for today ?  How about a load of Thais, former Yellow Shirts, they put their Yellow Shirts back on, and they repeat their anti-Thaksin protests ?  Only this time, the Yellow Shirts are trying to install a near-enough anti-Royalist group ?  How absurd would THAT be ?   :smile:
Very absurd !

yes i remember those days !!!  it was all about what colour shirt you worn think that is why pp are orange shirts now,

I don't have any respect for Thaskin he has done a lot of harm to Thailand and its people and Thais do have long memory's he was better of in dubai  now he is back i think he will see a great uprising at the ballot box next election

16 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

my wife gives them  6 month before they get the boot(s) image.jpeg.6be2602f141cceaf7845c90d553a23e7.jpeg

What are you trying to say ?  Army boots will remove Thaksin ?  Well, you could be right, Thaksin has been removed by army boots a few times since 2001.

But this time, the removal will be hilarious.  See, ages ago, loads of Thais wearing Yellow Shirts did mass protests against Thaksin. These Yellow Shirts never managed to remove Thaksin by the ballot box, but the army boots did remove Thaksin for the Yellow Shirts.

And this next possible removal of Thaksin by the army boots. Who are the army boots going to install as the new government ?  Well, they can't install Abhisit's old party, the Democrats.  The Democrats are a tiny party in parliament. What about installing Peoples' Party ?  Well, that's unlikely, Peoples Party is the re-branded new Move Forward Party.  PP are not pro-Royalists, and PP supposedly, want to remove the army boots in Thai poltics.

Why would the army boots do a coup, and then install a party who wants to ban the army doing coups ?   :smile:

There is the other option, the army boots install themselves after they've removed Thaksin. But this time, this time, unlike previously, Thai people might, might not want a repeat of the army boots being in power.

4 minutes ago, tonbridgebrit said:

What are you trying to say ?  Army boots will remove Thaksin ?  Well, you could be right, Thaksin has been removed by army boots a few times since 2001.

But this time, the removal will be hilarious.  See, ages ago, loads of Thais wearing Yellow Shirts did mass protests against Thaksin. These Yellow Shirts never managed to remove Thaksin by the ballot box, but the army boots did remove Thaksin for the Yellow Shirts.

And this next possible removal of Thaksin by the army boots. Who are the army boots going to install as the new government ?  Well, they can't install Abhisit's old party, the Democrats.  The Democrats are a tiny party in parliament. What about installing Peoples' Party ?  Well, that's unlikely, Peoples Party is the re-branded new Move Forward Party.  PP are not pro-Royalists, and PP supposedly, want to remove the army boots in Thai poltics.

Why would the army boots do a coup, and then install a party who wants to ban the army doing coups ?   :smile:

There is the other option, the army boots install themselves after they've removed Thaksin. But this time, this time, unlike previously, Thai people might, might not want a repeat of the army boots being in power.

The days of yellow shirt,  red shirt are gone,  The collation government will see its term out no coup and a landslid in the election for PP I think everyone know another coup in Thailand would bring the country near to bankrupt.

My friends in the last elections voted for the orange party in cnx,we know what happened.Thaksim come back in a deal now the daughter in control.Everything is working for his grand plan to happen.The sisters return is soon and he will be the controller again for the daughter in power.Happy days for the family again