Longest Sentences Yet for Rioters Involved in Racist Mob Violence Across England

Social Media

5 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I am sure of course that once these judges have finished dealing with the rioters ( and accumulated a sufficiency of brownie points with their former boss to in time move up the judicial ladder ) they will be able to turn their keen legal attention to the pair from Manchester Airport - currently languishing on bail without any charges, or the gang who threatened the TV reporter at that Birmingham roundabout, or even the gang who beat up the lone man outside the pub. I hold my breath in anticipation of the foolish suggestions of a two tier police and judicial system being proved wrong!

Two tier huh?  Copying the US?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I am sure of course that once these judges have finished dealing with the rioters ( and accumulated a sufficiency of brownie points with their former boss to in time move up the judicial ladder ) they will be able to turn their keen legal attention to the pair from Manchester Airport - currently languishing on bail without any charges, or the gang who threatened the TV reporter at that Birmingham roundabout, or even the gang who beat up the lone man outside the pub. I hold my breath in anticipation of the foolish suggestions of a two tier police and judicial system being proved wrong!

I don't suppose it has crossed your mind that 'England's brightest' all pleaded guilty......could that lead to faster processing?

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I don't suppose it has crossed your mind that 'England's brightest' all pleaded guilty......could that lead to faster processing?

None of the three examples I have referenced have yet to get anywhere near to courts, let alone pleading.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

He was not British in the eyes of the rioters - and you know that very well. You've shot yourself in the foot with your attempt at cleverness.

It was you that insinuated that he wasn't by implying there would have been no riots if the perp was British. Well, he WAS British so I simply corrected you. I didn't need to be clever to do so. 

My nieces fiance is black British. Lovely bloke. I don't know why you feel that someone who is black cannot be British. Seems a bit racist to me. I'd love to see you tell him he isn't British by the way, he's a semi pro Rugby player and would probably correct you very quickly.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Seems a bit racist to me. I'd love to see you tell him he isn't British by the way, he's a semi pro Rugby player and would probably correct you very quickly.

So even though you like him, you think he's prone to violence!

• Confused 2

Just now, BritManToo said:

So even though you like him, you think he's prone to violence!

It's possible to correct people without the use of violence. 

Why would you assume that because he is black he is prone to violence?

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Absolute nonsense and just a throwaway comment that proves that you have no coherent argument. Being angry about young children being slaughtered is a perfectly reasonable response. Just as supporting much lower levels of immigration until the resources and services (housing/NHS/Schools etc.) are in place to support them is in place is reasonable. 

What? Be angry by all means but please explain what rioting achieved? As someone else mentioned - how does looting a smartphone help the fight against illegal immigration?

This was not anger or a support for lower immigration levels - it was pure mindless, racist violence. Nothing 'throwaway' about my comments - I saw the people on TV and I've read some of their comments since.

I have no argument with your basis of having the infrastructure in place to support migration - in fact you probaly have no idea just how wrong you are on what I do and do not support - I'll give you a little idea.

I actually support only very limited immigration and only immigration that can be supported - at the moment the UK is 'full'.

I believe that asylum seekers/refugees should have to prove their situation beyond doubt.

I am confused as to just how and when the temporary protection of vulnerable refugees became 'resettlement'.

I do not consider that Mulsim/Jewish religions/cultures are not compatible with the UK way of life and that the country should never have made concessions to those groups (prayer time/halal etc).

So you might now understand that I'm not the lefty loony you probably thought I was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

My nieces fiance is black British. Lovely bloke. I don't know why you feel that someone who is black cannot be British.

I don't think that at all - and I think you know that very well.  Should you wish to debate on an honest basis without trying to 'point score' - I'm happy to do so,

• Like 1
  • Agree 1