Has anyone else had this from Roojai?

Got an email, three months before my renewal date, asking me to renew.

I asked, via email, why I should renew three months early.

This was the response: "We inform you that,  if you have accident, that is your fault, between now and the date that you are due to renew, the premium price of your renewal policy will change and you have to pay the insurance premium higher. Due to claim at fault counted."

This would appear to mean that for the final 3 months of a Roojai Type 1 Car Insurance, I am not actually covered in the same manner as I was for the first 9 months UNLESS I pay up 3 months early?

I called and queried it, and the person at Roojai at first confirmed this, then said he would speak to his manager and call me back in 5 minutes - almost an hour ago! 

Is this just a poorly thought out way of retaining customers, 

I think what they are really trying to do is get me to pay early and then if I have an "at fault" accident between now and the actual renewal date, then somehow magically I will not lose my No Claims Discount and the premium will not go up.

Can't think of any other reason....

6 minutes ago, WhiteHatPhil said:

I think what they are really trying to do is get me to pay early and then if I have an "at fault" accident between now and the actual renewal date, then somehow magically I will not lose my No Claims Discount and the premium will not go up.

Can't think of any other reason....

So what's the problem? They're offering a reward for early renewal.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, WhiteHatPhil said:

Maybe. But they are also penalising for NOT renewing early.  

No... not penalising at all. The info seems simple - as you pointed out earlier.

1)  Renew 3 months early with full no claims bonus, and if you make a claim in the next 3 months, your no claims bonus is not impacted (until next years cycle).

2) Or, you can renew closer to the renewal date with full no claims bonus (if you haven't made a claim).

3) BUT... If you do make a claim within the next three months before you have renewed, your no claims bonus would be impacted and thus your premium impacted.

Edited by richard_smith237