Monkeypox Vaccination

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the info!  Just wondering if it was available in Thailand, I guess not.  It's not a big problem now but there have been several outbreaks in the last few years and the newest outbreak is very virulent and deadly.  We'll see, hopefully it will just blow over (but then I said that about Covid :-)).  I don't think it's going away IMHO.  I had a smallpox vaccination about 65 years ago (I hope my body remembers that :-))🤞

Edited by JimmerJJ

Hey, I’m not 100% sure about Bangkok, but you might want to check with international clinics or hospitals that cater to expats, they’re usually the best bet for stuff like this. 

Here is to verify the truth of your assumption. On the left picture you see an enlargement of the virus and to the right you see an updated vaccination certificate with the relevant stamps and stickers. 

You're welcome! 

Monkeypox under the microscope.jpg

Monkey Pox vaccination 1.jpg

Your Wig, Sir.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2024 at 2:03 PM, JimmerJJ said:

Thanks for the info!  Just wondering if it was available in Thailand, I guess not.  It's not a big problem now but there have been several outbreaks in the last few years and the newest outbreak is very virulent and deadly.  We'll see, hopefully it will just blow over (but then I said that about Covid :-)).  I don't think it's going away IMHO.  I had a smallpox vaccination about 65 years ago (I hope my body remembers that :-))🤞

Try Thai Red Cross.

A number of trolling/conspiracy posts have been removed. As has a flaming post.

Mpox is real. It is  however not spread by casual contact and vaccination of the general population is not recommended. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2024 at 9:01 PM, farang51 said:

One of the strains is airborne.

That's not quite accurate. While all of the strains of mpox can be spread via pulmonary secretions that only happens by being in very close to proximity to an infected person and breathing in directly exhaled droplets, and it is not the normal means of spread.

So mpox is not really airborne in the same way as diseases such as flu or Covid. It does not linger in the air, nor travel any appreciable distance through the air.

As the Reuters article below states: 

Mpox transmits through close physical contact, including sexual contact, but there is no evidence that it spreads easily through the air.

Why is mpox an emergency again, and how worried should I be?

• Thanks 1