Extension of stay under consideration _ confused

Hello everyone,

I was on business visa for 3 months when entering thailand 3 months ago. Me and my company prepared and went to the immigration office one month before my visa expiry date. However, due to complex documents requests from the officer, we went back and forth during this whole one month for 5 times and I received "the extension of stay under consideration" stamp on my last day of visa.

So my question is that the day when the officer asked me to come again to immigration to get the extension of stay results is around 20 days past my visa expiration day already. Does it mean that I will be imposed with overstay charges?

Thank you for your advices in advance.

Edited by Leviiirx

5 minutes ago, Leviiirx said:

Does it mean that I will be imposed with overstay charges?

No.

Under consideration period basically means your extension has been approved.

Just return to immigration for final stamp.

You will not be on overstay 

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

Under consideration period basically means your extension has been approved.

Just return to immigration for final stamp.

You will not be on overstay 

Thank you for your response. Just being confused because the stamp doesn't indicate any sign that my stay permit will be temporarily extend till that result date.

And also do you know any case that the immigration officers visit the office to inspect?i I found some discussion on this forum about officers notifying applicants that they shouldn't travel far because they might inspect. Just wonder because I will be WFH most of the time.

1 hour ago, Leviiirx said:

So my question is that the day when the officer asked me to come again to immigration to get the extension of stay results is around 20 days past my visa expiration day already. Does it mean that I will be imposed with overstay charges?

You cannot be in an overstay position when your application is under consideration.

If they accepted the application, then approval is almost certainly guaranteed.

As I explained in your previous topic, you were granted a period of stay of 90 day, your visa is 'USED'.

You'll have a stamp 'permitted to stay until xx xx'.

When you return to get your 1 year extension stamp, this will be backdated to the date your previous stamp expired - no overstay.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

When you return to get your 1 year extension stamp, this will be backdated to the date your previous stamp expired - no overstay.

thank you for your answer.

57 minutes ago, Leviiirx said:

Thank you for your response. Just being confused because the stamp doesn't indicate any sign that my stay permit will be temporarily extend till that result date.

And also do you know any case that the immigration officers visit the office to inspect?i I found some discussion on this forum about officers notifying applicants that they shouldn't travel far because they might inspect. Just wonder because I will be WFH most of the time.

As others have said you are not on overstay whilst under consideration - I just went through the same thing, you're fine.

Assuming you entered on a non imm B and your company will be providing a work permit? In such a case I have never ever heard of an IO visiting your place of work. I have been here 28 years with work permits (until recently when I switched to a Non O as I am not currently working) and it is has never ever happened. However I have never had an "under consideration" for a non B extension. When working I would enter on a 90 day non B and then before the expiry the company would lodge the work permit application and I would get my WP and 12 month extension at the same time before the end of the 90 days. I always worked for BOI companies though so don't know if this is different.

Anyway, you should be fine, don't worry.

19 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I just went through the same thing, you're fine.

22 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I have been here 28 years with work permits (until recently when I switched to a Non O as I am not currently working) and it is has never ever happened.

Thank you for sharing.

19 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I always worked for BOI companies though so don't know if this is different.

Yes, from my recent knowledge, BOI and non-BOI are quite different in terms of complexity while processing visa. I should go for a BOI company next time i switch job haha. I didn't know back then.

21 minutes ago, Leviiirx said:

Thank you for sharing.

Yes, from my recent knowledge, BOI and non-BOI are quite different in terms of complexity while processing visa. I should go for a BOI company next time i switch job haha. I didn't know back then.

Thanks, but just sharing my experiences - I am not an expert and could be wrong on the BOI thing. Other people here know more so will undoubtedly chime in.