Jewellery Worth Hundreds of Thousands Lost, Shop Owner Pleads for Return

Georgealbert

IMG_4661.jpeg
Picture of the missing items.

At 16:30 on August 21, Ms. Yothaka, 40, reached out to the media, asking for help in recovering several valuable jewellery items worth hundreds of thousands of baht that were lost earlier that morning.

The incident occurred on the road along the Khao Talo railway, heading towards Chaiyapruek 1, Nong Prue Subdistrict, Bang Lamung District, Chonburi Province. A police report has already been filed.

Ms. Yothaka explained that she had entrusted the store's jewelry craftsman to collect items that had been polished and refurbished by another craftsman located in the Khao Talo area. The lost items include two gold emerald rings, one gold diamond ring, one foreign gold ring, one tourmaline gemstone necklace, and a pair of earrings, with a total value exceeding 250,000 baht.

The jewelry was placed in a zip-lock bag and then put in the craftsman's shirt pocket during his return journey. He took the route along the Khao Talo railway road towards Chaiyapruek 1. Unfortunately, by the time he realised it, the jewellery was already missing. Despite efforts to retrace his steps, the items could not be found.

Ms. Yothaka is pleading with anyone who may have found the lost items to return them. Some of the jewelry pieces belong to customers and hold significant sentimental value as family heirlooms. She also requests that local pawnshops or jewellery buyers be on alert and report if someone tries to sell the items.

A reward of 20,000 baht will be offered for the safe return of the jewellery.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-21

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

A very casual approach to transporting jewelry around. 

Are we sure it hasn't been left on some bar or table?

My thoughts too, at least put it in a secure bag.

It's not the first time I've heard something like this.

If it was the west I'd think insurance scam, but not so likely here.

2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Update

Ms. Yothaka, posted on social media, at 09.00 on 22 August, that all the jewellery has now been found, there was no mention of where it was located or if the reward was paid.

It was in his other shirt pocket ! 😂

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

A very casual approach to transporting jewelry around. 

Are we sure it hasn't been left on some bar or table?

Or a craftsman's safety deposit box?

On 8/22/2024 at 12:41 PM, ronster said:

It was in his other shirt pocket ! 😂

LOL. Yep, it happens. I went to Makro with my backpack. They store it and give you a number tag. When I went for my backpack, I found I had "lost" the tag in the store. I told them I was sorry. It was also after they had made new tags. An hour later, I find the tag in my "other" shirt pocket. They were surprised when I showed up an hour and a half after I left. They actually couldn't believe I went to the trouble to return it.

Yep, I said "Sorry, in my other pocket".

• Haha 1