Disciplinary Case of 'Big Joke' Sees Significant Progress

dFQROr7oWzulq5Fa6rBR9NmPC39iMKTh4yqd2vIPcUl0fBORTusR0nmCmp0qlVBkOy7.webp

The disciplinary case involving Pol. Gen. Surachet Hakparn, widely known as "Big Joke," has moved significantly forward. Pol. Gen. Sarawut Karnphanich, Deputy Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police, revealed that the case might reach a conclusion by the end of the month. This announcement comes after three out of five key witnesses appeared for questioning.

On August 21, at the Crime Suppression Division (CSD) headquarters, Pol. Gen. Sarawut provided an update on the investigation. Surachet, formerly the Deputy Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police, is embroiled in an online gambling scandal.

Today's update followed testimonies from members of the investigation team, including Pol. Lt. Gen. Naphawat Arayangkun, Pol. Maj. Gen. Wiwat Chaisangkha, and Pol. Maj. Gen. Montree Thesakan, reported Thai Rath.

Pol. Gen. Sarawut mentioned that five witnesses linked to the accused had been called. Although their identities were not disclosed, it was confirmed they were all police officers.

Additionally, Pol. Col. Pakphum Phitsamai, previously the commander of Investigation Division 4, appeared but only in an advisory capacity, not as a witness.

The investigation committee has granted Surachet the right to present additional witnesses. These witnesses will be scrutinised to determine whether their testimonies offer substantial evidence.

If the committee determines that the testimonies are insufficient, they may terminate the investigation early. Sarawut assured that the committee would proceed fairly, basing its decisions strictly on the facts.

When questioned about a related document submitted by Pol. Lt. Col. Krits Pariyaket, involving a financial trail linked to an online gambling site, Sarawut stated he had not yet reviewed the document but believed it to be a separate matter.

Following a three-hour meeting, Pol. Gen. Sarawut noted that only three out of the five summoned witnesses had appeared. Their statements, albeit lacking supporting documents, were deemed somewhat useful.

The investigation is making notable progress, and a timeline for the remaining tasks will soon be established.

The case's resolution is expected by the end of this month. If the findings are against Big Joke, immediate charges will be filed to allow Surachet an opportunity to present a defence.

Pictures courtesy: Thai Rath

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-22

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

Why is this a disciplinary case? If he is accused of connection with gambling and money laundry as well as profiting from the business, then that is illegal. Has nothing to do with disciplinary case. Either he is guilty or not. However, I guess they have no real evidence, and just find it easier to prove misconduct. Maybe easier to make up to stick.

• Like 1

He's probably going to have to cough up a serious amount of cash, and guarantee payments going forward.

I'm sure this "disciplinary case" will be completely transparent.

Big Porridge has ~ 5 ish lives left, from nine, so I believe he will make a recovery from this latest set-back.

35 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

He's probably going to have to cough up a serious amount of cash, and guarantee payments going forward.

I'm sure this "disciplinary case" will be completely transparent.

Big Porridge has ~ 5 ish lives left, from nine, so I believe he will make a recovery from this latest set-back.

Likely to recover well and kick a lot of ar&e along the way and into the future. Those behind the scene worried about their future will do, say anything to derail his future. 

• Agree 1

I doubt if anything is really going to happen to him other than continued dismissal. Maybe he'll be asked to pay a small fine. This man will never see the inside of a jail cell, he's likely just as corrupt as all the other men in the RTP, and all the other top officials, so he must have pissed off the wrong people.

This has nothing to do with being Mr. Clean, that was all one big stage play. And he executed it perfectly up to a point with his giant PR machine. Alot of people bought into his nonsense. But something went wrong, somewhere along the line. And I'm certainly not shedding any tears over it. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

If the committee determines that the testimonies are insufficient, they may terminate the investigation early. Sarawut assured that the committee would proceed fairly, basing its decisions strictly on the facts.

That's a first.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

In Thailand it doesn’t matter if you’re guilty or not it’s just a joke. They’re all guilty of corruption. Look at that girl. Who’s Prime Minister right now her father was a crook duly convicted ran away, came back to hero. Her aunt left the country day before her conviction. She’s a thief and a liar should be back soon. It’s amazing Thailand, but I wanna know whatever happened to the Red Bull kid. He’ll be back once the time. For running and killing the cop will be over he’ll be back. He’ll be driving a new Ferrari TT. 

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

In Thailand it doesn’t matter if you’re guilty or not it’s just a joke. They’re all guilty of corruption. Look at that girl. Who’s Prime Minister right now her father was a crook duly convicted ran away, came back to hero. Her aunt left the country day before her conviction. She’s a thief and a liar should be back soon. It’s amazing Thailand, but I wanna know whatever happened to the Red Bull kid. He’ll be back once the time. For running and killing the cop will be over he’ll be back. He’ll be driving a new Ferrari TT. 

Do you really think the Thaksin trials, brother and sister, were straightforward and conducted with no political influence. BTW what about the army crooks that conspired to bring the governments down and replace them with a military junta? Shouldn't they be in the dock too?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I doubt if anything is really going to happen to him other than continued dismissal. Maybe he'll be asked to pay a small fine. This man will never see the inside of a jail cell, he's likely just as corrupt as all the other men in the RTP, and all the other top officials, so he must have pissed off the wrong people.

This has nothing to do with being Mr. Clean, that was all one big stage play. And he executed it perfectly up to a point with his giant PR machine. Alot of people bought into his nonsense. But something went wrong, somewhere along the line. And I'm certainly not shedding any tears over it. 

Dismissal? Not happening 

Moved to inactive post at most 

His patron is Prawit  so his fortunes are also dependent on Prawit’s continued hold on power. 

4 hours ago, digger70 said:

Disciplinary Case of 'Big Joke' Sees Significant Progress 

Don't count him out yet ,he may have the big trump card up his sleeve.

Yes, a little like Himmler, he will have dirt on anybody who matters and will show it when the time is ripe, it isn't only the 'witnesses who have to be fearful, I'm sure his superiors are more than a little worried.

• Agree 1

On 8/22/2024 at 9:32 PM, soalbundy said:

Yes, a little like Himmler, he will have dirt on anybody who matters and will show it when the time is ripe, it isn't only the 'witnesses who have to be fearful, I'm sure his superiors are more than a little worried.

I don't understand what

"like Himmler" is supposed to say,

but with the rest, you might be accurate.

He was high in the ranks and in several center positions.

So, he knows where the coins are rolling to.

49 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

I don't understand what

"like Himmler" is supposed to say,

but with the rest, you might be accurate.

He was high in the ranks and in several center positions.

So, he knows where the coins are rolling to.

Himmler was disliked in the Nazi hierarchy but he had so much dirt on everybody that he was untouchable.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Although Big Joke was allegedly elevated by Prawit to be his bagman, one has to bear in mind that his initial advancement in the police was due to the fact that his father, a sergeant, was police driver to Potjaman's father.  Therefore he has a foot in both camps and Thaksin may find it useful to have him as police chief. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Himmler was disliked in the Nazi hierarchy but he had so much dirt on everybody that he was untouchable.

I know who, and what "Himmler" was.

So, why do you connect the atrocious German Nazi regime and this unbelievable creep with "Big Joke"?

Deliberated, or just stupid implications?

17 hours ago, Maitdjai said:

I know who, and what "Himmler" was.

So, why do you connect the atrocious German Nazi regime and this unbelievable creep with "Big Joke"?

Deliberated, or just stupid implications?

Just an analogy, no need to get aggressive, it merely showed that knowledge is power, I could have chosen Henry VII to show how he kept his nobles in check but that was too far back although that may have been 'woke' enough for you. why get upset about things that don't concern you? If anybody should get angry it would be a Thai, we are just falangs with an extended visa and I don't even care what happens in the UK.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Just an analogy, no need to get aggressive, it merely showed that knowledge is power, I could have chosen Henry VII to show how he kept his nobles in check but that was too far back although that may have been 'woke' enough for you. why get upset about things that don't concern you? If anybody should get angry it would be a Thai, we are just falangs with an extended visa and I don't even care what happens in the UK.

"Analogy"? Lol.

"Angry"? Lol.

Naive, woke simple minds connect anything, with "Nazi",

what's not woke, in their limited horizon.

Parrots pretend to be smart.

So, a simple question without circumventing about "UK", or "Henry VII":

What is the "analogy" between

"Big Joke" and "Himmler"?

8 hours ago, Maitdjai said:

"Analogy"? Lol.

"Angry"? Lol.

Naive, woke simple minds connect anything, with "Nazi",

what's not woke, in their limited horizon.

Parrots pretend to be smart.

So, a simple question without circumventing about "UK", or "Henry VII":

What is the "analogy" between

"Big Joke" and "Himmler"?

Both are/were able to collect compromising information on people in high positions in order to protect their own positions of influence. This is the last time I will feed an angry old troll.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Both are/were able to collect compromising information on people in high positions to protect their own positions of influence. This is the last time I will feed an angry old troll.

Himmler was untouchable due to his power of the very high position in the hierarchy, and the direct shortcut to Hitler. 

Not due to knowing some dirt on other dirtbags.

So, your "analogy", is not only

far-fetched. It witnesses a pathetic political understanding and knowledge of history.

By mingling the political situation of two different countries in different centuries and the situation of two individual character in those absolutely different systems.

Both are not comparable at all.

There are even not any analogies between "Big Joke", in the present TiT political system, and "Himmler", a war criminal in the autocratic Nazi Terror Regime.

Stupidity or intention? 

Anyway.

The typical reflex about "Trolls" doesn't make it better in both cases.

Go back to school instead of "feeding" the "old, angry trolls" with lectures based on your biased semi-knowledge.