Too much weed WWYD?

I find myself in the unusual position of having a quantity of weed best described as "too much". It's hydro weed - good stuff - but it'd take me 20 years to smoke it. 

I was thinking of getting the oil out of it maybe - or having it turned into gummies and frozen. Not that I know anyone that could do that.

Any suggestions - it'd be a shame to see it rot.

I give it to friends.

Mother in law grows hydro... she heard I suffer insomnia.

I hate smoking pot, made cannabutter for edibles for a while, now could not be bothered.

She sends me an ounce every week.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Love It 1

Cannabis infused oil, if you use a high a high quality oil, can be stored in the fridge for a very long time without spoiling. 

You can also put it into high quality vacuum sealed bags with all the air extracted and store it in the fridge or freezer for quite a long time too. Freezer offers longer storage time than the fridge, but risks freezer burns. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Get some recipes, available online and start baking!  A lot of the THC can be simmered into butter for cookies, brownies, etc to be frozen or given to friends.  Or freeze the butter.  You can even hold a party to help distribute your bounty.

I used to have a recipe for how to brew THC into beer even.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Make bubble hash. Highest quality. No solvent needed. Or butane extracted hash, though it's dangerous. Or isopropyl alcohol extract (not very dangerous). 

Edited by Ebumbu

21 hours ago, 123Stodg said:

Cannabis infused oil, if you use a high a high quality oil, can be stored in the fridge for a very long time without spoiling. 

You can also put it into high quality vacuum sealed bags with all the air extracted and store it in the fridge or freezer for quite a long time too. Freezer offers longer storage time than the fridge, but risks freezer burns. 

I heard the terpines fall off , I tried freezing bud but I heard bad idea , your thoughts ? Thx 

There's nothing you can do, apart from lying down and riding it out. What usually helps is just letting it happen without fighting against it and if you manage before you lay down putting on some music that you really like. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

There's nothing you can do, apart from lying down and riding it out. What usually helps is just letting it happen without fighting against it and if you manage before you lay down putting on some music that you really like. 

Sounds like your talking about smoking to much which wasn't the topic.  You can actually chew 2 or 3 whole black pepper seeds. The capsaicin and other oils can dampen the buzz . 

On 8/27/2024 at 6:27 PM, pedro01 said:

I find myself in the unusual position of having a quantity of weed best described as "too much".

How does something like that actually happen in the first place?

That's never happened to me. And I doubt it's happened to many other people either. Most people buy what they need and don't end up with lots more than they can use.

Did some stranger suddenly give you kilos of it for no reason at all? Did you happen to find an abandoned/lost shipment of it somewhere?

And if you grew it yourself then you must have had a plan of what you would do with it before you grew it. 

Then you're reaching out to a public forum for answers. And you post a random picture of bags of weed to support your unusual claim.  

This whole topic is weird and sounds like a bizarre windup. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

How does something like that actually happen in the first place?

That's never happened to me. And I doubt it's happened to many other people either. Most people buy what they need and don't end up with lots more than they can use.

Did some stranger suddenly give you kilos of it for no reason at all? Did you happen to find an abandoned/lost shipment of it somewhere?

And if you grew it yourself then you must have had a plan of what you would do with it before you grew it. 

Then you're reaching out to a public forum for answers. And you post a random picture of bags of weed to support your unusual claim.  

This whole topic is weird and sounds like a bizarre windup. 

I got a call from a friend in the industry - he's not in town and they are temporarily closing the grow room. 

So he called from overseas and asked if I wanted it. 

Simple really. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

I got a call from a friend in the industry - he's not in town and they are temporarily closing the grow room. 

So he called from overseas and asked if I wanted it. 

Simple really. 

Easy fix then. Why not get a list of his regular resellers or buyers and offer it all to any of them at a fraction of the regular price?

The whole story is still suss. 

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Easy fix then. Why not get a list of his regular resellers or buyers and offer it all to any of them at a fraction of the regular price?

The whole story is still suss. 

Because I don't sell drugs.

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

Because I don't sell drugs.

That I can understand. Is there any reason he didn’t sell it himself? Assuming he’s a grower then wouldn’t he have a network of buyers to sell it off to at a low price when he shut down operations?

Anyway, seems your choices are sell it, give it away, try and figure out some long term storage solution so that you can use some of it up over time, or turn it into some form of concentrate. A lot of work though to process a large quantity like that if you want to make any kind of extract from it. 

It appears you already have it in vacuum bags. But looks like there is some air still in the bags too. Perhaps re-bag it for now to preserve it better and in the future maybe you will discover a way to do something else with it. 

10 hours ago, RSD1 said:

That I can understand. Is there any reason he didn’t sell it himself? Assuming he’s a grower then wouldn’t he have a network of buyers to sell it off to at a low price when he shut down operations?

Anyway, seems your choices are sell it, give it away, try and figure out some long term storage solution so that you can use some of it up over time, or turn it into some form of concentrate. A lot of work though to process a large quantity like that if you want to make any kind of extract from it. 

It appears you already have it in vacuum bags. But looks like there is some air still in the bags too. Perhaps re-bag it for now to preserve it better and in the future maybe you will discover a way to do something else with it. 

The way they work - it all gets sold in one go. I don't know who to and I wouldn't ask.

From what I gather, they were not getting the yields they needed to turn a profit - partly due to the relatively crappy tech available here and the crazy price of chemicals etc. They grow elsewhere and it costs a fraction. They were also expecting THB50k per KG and prices are not exactly rising!

The decision was made from the UK, where "management" is from. So like a bankruptcy, the stock had to go too - and for whatever reason, they asked me if I wanted it. 

Pics of 2 of the types they gave me are attached. Maybe it's just not up to quality...

IMG_20240829_113633.jpg

15 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Did you get beyond the post title? i suspect not

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, pedro01 said:

The way they work - it all gets sold in one go. I don't know who to and I wouldn't ask.

From what I gather, they were not getting the yields they needed to turn a profit - partly due to the relatively crappy tech available here and the crazy price of chemicals etc. They grow elsewhere and it costs a fraction. They were also expecting THB50k per KG and prices are not exactly rising!

The decision was made from the UK, where "management" is from. So like a bankruptcy, the stock had to go too - and for whatever reason, they asked me if I wanted it. 

Pics of 2 of the types they gave me are attached. Maybe it's just not up to quality...

IMG_20240829_113633.jpg

Looks yukky brown - perhaps hasn't been stored well. Would make decent compost :bah:

4 hours ago, pedro01 said:

IMG_20240829_113633.jpg

Understood. It looks like your friend was trying to grow some mid-grade quality stuff and sell it at 50B a gram. I honestly know nothing about what it takes to grow indoor weed, or what the costs are, as I am only a light consumer myself, but it seems some of the locals are able to successfully create some pretty decent quality stuff now at much lower prices.

I was once told that a lot of the newer growers in Thailand are up against long established local growers who have been doing it underground for years already and who have all aspects of it dialed in much better. So the local OG growers are already a few steps ahead of everyone else now trying to enter the game. 

Following are 10 examples of some mid-grade indoor grown stuff being sold between 15B-25B a gram and, although I haven't tried any of it myself, it really looks quite good based on the photos. Freshness, colors, and trichomes all appear to be there:

https://bkkushhh.com/shop/indica/91-octane/ 

https://bkkushhh.com/shop/hybrid/milk-monkey/ 

https://bkkushhh.com/shop/sativa/bruce-banner/ 

https://bkkushhh.com/shop/hybrid/mac-n-jack/ 

https://bkkushhh.com/shop/hybrid/white-wedding/ 

https://bkkushhh.com/shop/indica/space-cookies/ 

https://bkkushhh.com/shop/indica/candyman-s1/ 

https://bkkushhh.com/shop/indica/khalifa-mints-2/ 

https://bkkushhh.com/shop/indica/radical-juice/ 

https://bkkushhh.com/shop/sativa/strawberry-og-2/ 

Looking at the photo you posted, it does look like something has gone wrong with that weed. I've never seen such dried out looking brown flowers like that before. I doubt it has any decent terpenes either. It even looks a bit like brick quality weed. Have you tried any of it yourself yet? 

I would almost say that there is little you can probably do with it. Based on appearance, it probably wouldn't have any commercial value sold as buds, but if it has decent THC levels, which I would tend to doubt that it would, then maybe you could at least turn it all into an extract of some sort. But that would be a large undertaking for someone who doesn't have the right setup and will require a fair bit of knowledge and equipment.

Sadly, I almost think there is nothing you can really do with it at this point and I can understand why your friend just wanted to simply get rid of it. 

Edited by RSD1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 8/28/2024 at 3:09 PM, Dan O said:

Sounds like your talking about smoking to much which wasn't the topic.  You can actually chew 2 or 3 whole black pepper seeds. The capsaicin and other oils can dampen the buzz . 

Oops, my bad! 🤪

On 8/27/2024 at 6:27 PM, pedro01 said:

I find myself in the unusual position of having a quantity of weed best described as "too much". It's hydro weed - good stuff - but it'd take me 20 years to smoke it. 

I was thinking of getting the oil out of it maybe - or having it turned into gummies and frozen. Not that I know anyone that could do that.

Any suggestions - it'd be a shame to see it rot.

Stop with the trolling, there is no such thing as too much sex, weed, or money.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2