Thailand Issued 1 Year Marry Visa vs Laos Issued 1 Year Marry Visa

You are referring to multi entry non O visa from Savannakhet.

That visa is valid for 12 months and grants 90 day stamp every entry.

That visa is not available at Thai immigration.

However from a visa exempt or tourist visa entry you can obtain a single entry non O based on marriage and in last 30 days obtain the subsequent 12 month extension.

You would also buy a reentry permit if you plan to exit Thailand and reenter.

The main advantage in the past was 400k in bank seasoned for 2 months not required for the ME non O.

Now (my understanding) is that's now required.

Personally I would obtain non O in Thailand and subsequent extension.

Then just yearly extensions ongoing. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah thanks....

I was struggling to find one good advantage why going the 'Laos Route' would be better.

More costs ( hotels, Laos Visas travel etc ) vs going the Thai 'In house' route ) !

Thai - stay for a year in country vs Laos issued having to leave every 90 days 

Edited by FARANG KIWI

The only people I see that Visa being a benefit for are FIFO or people who work rotation and can't physically stay in the country long enough to get the 90-day Non-O burn that down to 30 days, apply for the year extension based on marriage to a thai, wait the under consideration period then go back and get the year extension inked in.

For those people the issue is not about the proof funds it is about the time they can spend in country before they have to leave for their work.

For many of them the year-long, multi-ent entry Non-O is a viable Visa for them.

That is the demographic of people I'm seeing getting that visa at this time

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, FARANG KIWI said:

Yeah thanks....

I was struggling to find one good advantage why going the 'Laos Route' would be better.

More costs ( hotels, Laos Visas travel etc ) vs going the Thai 'In house' route ) !

Thai - stay for a year in country vs Laos issued having to leave every 90 days 

The advantage is it eliminates having to deal with Thai immigration gestapo.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

The advantage is it eliminates having to deal with Thai immigration gestapo.

I've read here before that some can find that to be an issue...

However I have to say that I have never had an issue at the Korat branch - always great  professional service ( if not always with a smile )

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, FARANG KIWI said:

However I have to say that I have never had an issue at the Korat branch - always great  professional service ( if not always with a smile )

Then it sounds to me like you have your answer if imm are good to deal with, no brainer.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, FARANG KIWI said:

Same as Trat, sometimes grumpy especially when busy, they hate actually having to work the whole day, poor dears but they are always helpful, I always try to make a little humorous quip, before leaving to make them laugh/smile. Best one was just after a Songkran holiday, I could tell she had a hangover, so I just asked " you drunk yesterday ?"

she laughed and so did most in the office..........:thumbsup:

Want to stay for 5 months next year with my thai wife, to avoid the tax thing, don't need the 12 months as we fly back to Oz. and come again the next winter for 5 again.

Would the multi entry do it or another method ??

7 minutes ago, Johno57 said:

Want to stay for 5 months next year with my thai wife, to avoid the tax thing, don't need the 12 months as we fly back to Oz. and come again the next winter for 5 again.

Would the multi entry do it or another method ??

Sounds to me that Visa Exempt entry would suffice for you....

1) 60 Day stamp on arrival into Thailand

2) 30 Day Extension ( Tourist )

3) 60 Day Extension ( Based on Thai Wife )

Yields a total of 150 Days or just about 5 months....

Book your flights accordingly 🙂

Visited Thai Imm. Korat this morning to request blank forms to apply for 90 Non-Imm visa plus forms for 1 Year Marry Visa.

They would not give blank forms out however replied when you return with all the requested information we will give you the forms at that time.

So attached is the latest form given out by Korat Imm. on what is needed to obtain a 90 Day Non-Imm visa.

Yes... It is all in Thai......  you will likely need you wife to interpret for you ( I sure did! )

90  DAY  REQUIREMENTS.jpg

• Like 1