Pain in left cheek when start eating-----------to do with tooth removed ?

John9

For last 3 weeks I have pain in left cheek as soon as I tart eating. First few days there was swelling but that has stopped now. Went to local GP was told it may be infection, got antibiotics. Finished all but still pain, went back was told to go to hospital. After going through three different departments was sent to Dentist Surgeon  who took various XRAYS and said about 3 months back where tooth was extracted bone behind has gone soft. Nothing can be done about that. Well tooth was extracted in there only.

Cannot understand this. Any suggestion, advice what to do or whom to consult further ? All helpful honest advice will be highly appreciated.

Am 73 Age, live in Jomtien, from UK.

It could  be your jaw hinge. Check (press) around your ear, under your ear, the side of your jaw. 

I thought I had tooth, ear, problems but found out it was coming from my jaw hinge. 

If it's sore all around there when you press hard, that's what it could be.

So, you are chewing on an open tooth extraction?  Probably would have been best to start the process for an implant with bone craft to support the implant.

Could be cracked roots that were not removed during extraction they can cause pain.

I would suggest go to the Pattaya Dental clinic.  The Doctor there has been a dentist for 40 years.  Thai man good English. Phone: 0382526701.  It is on Thappraya road going over the hill.