Altercation between Farang and Chinese women in Phuket

Apparently the Chinese woman bumps into the man with his Thai wife and the man isn't backing down so an altercation ensues. Classy folks.

The interesting part are the comments. Look at the hate the Thais are bashing on the Chinese.  😂 To be fair they're sick on foreigners in Phuket in general too though.

Posting text because apparently you can't paste images directly anymore without a link??? Not a welcome change.

Chinese tourists I met Eating in a restaurant, talking very loudly, no manners at all.

China likes to bump into people without apologizing.

Does China really know how to apologize? She really wants to apologize. Have you ever seen me drive? A group of Chinese people filled the street, honking their horns, and women avoided them. But men don't know why. We had to deviate into the opposite lane. Good thing there aren't any cars in the park. I've encountered many cases. Out of three Chinese people, only one person has manners. But in this case, we don't know the facts. You have to listen to the other side first.

Listen to the news... Sorry, I want to be on a foreign team (not Chinese).

Guessing from experience, it's probably the Chinese who walk around and don't care about anyone or stand in the way and don't care about anyone. After that, let's guess.

• Confused 1

These issues are often just cultural differences that have been exaggerated due to the inability to communicate... this combined by those in many area's of high tourist footfall becoming jaded by the 'hand that feeds them'...    

... Without all the tourists many in the area would be poor rubber famers etc - it can be quickly forgotten once familiarity has bred contempt. 

Many find some other nationalities abrasive and rude, especially en masse and ones the frustration slips in, redeeming qualities are no longer observed having been displaced by confirmation bias. 

------------

I recall being at a beach restaurant, lots of Chinese tourist around. 

One of the Chinese girls at the next table (casual beach seating on mats), gets up, comes to our table and takes the tissue-roll, goes back to her table and puts it down there. 

So, I get up, with a smile, go to their table, take the tissue-roll back and put it back on my table - and thats that. 

- I thought it extremely rude that they would do so a thing, but also figured, no big deal, its just another culture and they behave differently....

...  a while later, the same group of women have my Son in their lap and are playing nicely with him (he was about three years old at the time)...     They couldn't speak a word of English, the language barrier is sometimes the cause of many of these issues usually borne of an innocuous but innocent misunderstanding. 

Similarly - I'm having a snooze on the beach... and a Chinese lady stands right next to me and decides to shout for her friend 30m away at the waters edge - Startled, I sit up, turn around and look at the woman stood 1m from me and tell her to 'shut up' !!! (which obviously she doesn't understand, but I'm irritated)... I do the 'shush - finger to lips thing, and then the 'hands together - sleeping thing'...   She does the 'hands up - apology thing'....   

...  Yes, the Chinese (and other nationals) can be gruff, uncouth, loud and inconsiderate - but none of it is intentionally rude, its just naïve and innocent ignorance most of the time and thats about it.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Love It 1

47 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Apparently the Chinese woman bumps into the man with his Thai wife and the man isn't backing down so an altercation ensues. Classy folks.

The interesting part are the comments. Look at the hate the Thais are bashing on the Chinese.  😂 To be fair they're sick on foreigners in Phuket in general too though.

Posting text because apparently you can't paste images directly anymore without a link??? Not a welcome change.

Chinese tourists I met Eating in a restaurant, talking very loudly, no manners at all.

Does China really know how to apologize? She really wants to apologize. Have you ever seen me drive? A group of Chinese people filled the street, honking their horns, and women avoided them. But men don't know why. We had to deviate into the opposite lane. Good thing there aren't any cars in the park. I've encountered many cases. Out of three Chinese people, only one person has manners. But in this case, we don't know the facts. You have to listen to the other side first.

Guessing from experience, it's probably the Chinese who walk around and don't care about anyone or stand in the way and don't care about anyone. After that, let's guess.

Had this last week = old news.

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

These issues are often just cultural differences that have been exaggerated due to the inability to communicate... this combined by those in many area's of high tourist footfall becoming jaded by the 'hand that feeds them'...    

... Without all the tourists many in the area would be poor rubber famers etc - it can be quickly forgotten once familiarity has bred contempt. 

Many find some other nationalities abrasive and rude, especially en masse and ones the frustration slips in, redeeming qualities are no longer observed having been displaced by confirmation bias. 

------------

I recall being at a beach restaurant, lots of Chinese tourist around. 

One of the Chinese girls at the next table (casual beach seating on mats), gets up, comes to our table and takes the tissue-roll, goes back to her table and puts it down there. 

So, I get up, with a smile, go to their table, take the tissue-roll back and put it back on my table - and thats that. 

- I thought it extremely rude that they would do so a thing, but also figured, no big deal, its just another culture and they behave differently....

...  a while later, the same group of women have my Son in their lap and are playing nicely with him (he was about three years old at the time)...     They couldn't speak a word of English, the language barrier is sometimes the cause of many of these issues usually borne of an innocuous but innocent misunderstanding. 

Similarly - I'm having a snooze on the beach... and a Chinese lady stands right next to me and decides to shout for her friend 30m away at the waters edge - Startled, I sit up, turn around and look at the woman stood 1m from me and tell her to 'shut up' !!! (which obviously she doesn't understand, but I'm irritated)... I do the 'shush - finger to lips thing, and then the 'hands together - sleeping thing'...   She does the 'hands up - apology thing'....   

...  Yes, the Chinese (and other nationals) can be gruff, uncouth, loud and inconsiderate - but none of it is intentionally rude, its just naïve and innocent ignorance most of the time and thats about it.

Gawd. Do you ever get through the day without some conflict?

It was our boy who brought race into it, and quite nastily and unnecessarily also.

Ugly 

14 minutes ago, Dan O said:

This is an old story that happened a week or so ago

Sorry I missed it and it and it just popped up on YouTube. The comments were the important part anyways. Warms the heart to know the Thais are against the Chinese too. 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

Sorry I missed it and it and it just popped up on YouTube. The comments were the important part anyways. Warms the heart to know the Thais are against the Chinese too. 😂

The original video showed more of the confrontation and the comments were equal

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

OP ....  Why are you posting repeat news  ??     

This story happened a couple of weeks ago ....  it's not new news.

It's already been discussed thoroughly in another thread.