Gummies don’t work – so what can I try next .

On 9/2/2024 at 7:45 PM, SamuiGrower said:

If you have pre-existing medical conditions, especially heart related, the best advice you can get would come from a medical doctor.

Your arrhythmia should be of great concern. The medication you are taking, Flecanide (Tambocor) regulates your heart rhythm. Cannabis directly effects: heart rhythm (cardiovascular effects), increasing heart rate (tachycardia) and blood pressure (increasing and decreasing).

Combining cannabis and your heart meds can increase your risk of adverse events. Both Flecanide (Tambocor) and cannabis are processed through the liver enzyme system (P450). Cannabis can influence the metabolism of that drug that can alter enzyme absorption leading to either toxicity or sub-therapeutic effects of your heart meds. The Imatnib you are taking works directly with enzyme P450 functions and can have some nasty side effects (the least of your worries) in conjunction with cannabis and Flecanide.

My PSA to you (and others), if you have medical issues, is seek qualified medical advice when considering cannabis use for any consideration.

Thanks so much, SG! You just confirmed my suspicion that I just need to stay clear of it. It's just not worth the risk.