The Death penalty your opinion

7 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

How about your boss Vlad the Murderer? Boko Haram, Hezbollah, Trumps buddies in the Taliban, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Mao, Stalin, Mussolini........ How about Dick Cheney and his Gitmo thugs?

Again empty rhetoric.  I know this will probably be a surprise to you but Boko Harm, Hezbollah, the Taliban Pol pot, Mao, Stalin and Mussolini are from the USA. 

As to Boko Haram, Hezbolla, and the Taliban.  Are you familiar with terrorist organizations.  They are not even uncontrolled political figures in any country.  

Again, irrespective of what any state power does to excess with a prisoner. Are you really so stupid as to believe that gives criminals an open license to commit crime and they should not be punished.  Who ties your shoes for you. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Again empty rhetoric.  I know this will probably be a surprise to you but Boko Harm, Hezbollah, the Taliban Pol pot, Mao, Stalin and Mussolini are from the USA. 

Do tell. You make yourself look more foolish by the minute.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Do tell. You make yourself look more foolish by the minute.

Likely a typo, but this chap does seem a little bit loopy.

He seems oddly obsessed with the idea that someone claiming that the state may abuse the power to kill people at will is, in fact, an attempt to justify rape and torture committed by criminals.  🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

Likely a typo, but this chap does seem a little bit loopy.

He seems oddly obsessed with the idea that someone claiming that the state may abuse the power to kill people at will is, in fact, an attempt to justify rape and torture committed by criminals.  🤔

True, I had not bothered with the false conclusion yet. Because he started with such a stupidly false premise.

Just because I do not trust governments with unlimited power, does not infer that I would ignore criminals. In fact it is just the opposite, because abusive officials would be criminals too.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Longwood50 said:

As to Boko Haram, Hezbolla, and the Taliban.  Are you familiar with terrorist organizations.  They are not even uncontrolled political figures in any country.  

Again, irrespective of what any state power does to excess with a prisoner. Are you really so stupid as to believe that gives criminals an open license to commit crime and they should not be punished.  Who ties your shoes for you. 

What are you babbling about? Are you ingesting magic mushrooms? Since when did Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao and Mussolini have USA links?

IMO the majority of law enforcement officers do their jobs fairly, given they have to deal with a lot of bottom feeders. It's also a given there is a small minority who enjoy the power, and abuse it. As Lord Acton said, power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

You seem to think calling out examples of abuse is equivalent to condoning criminal conduct. False equivalence.

My GF ties my shoes for me, because I have back trouble. In your case, I would recommend professional help.

what's the use of death penalty? it's an easy way out when the person did it. Better leave him suffer the next 30-40-50 plus years in jail!

It's an extra Insurance for having a new trile when you are really innocent and get free again after x-many years. Last years did read alot about new DNA searches making sure the  accused ones beeing innocent all the time and beeing released after 20-30 years in jail.