Do you still see girls in bars which you would consider as girlfriend/wife?

On 9/3/2024 at 6:38 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

To do what? Getting money to make her happy?

I was a Caribbean beach gigolo and briefly ended up as the 'toy boy' of a wealthy and well maintained MILF from Florida. She even allowed that I have time with girls nearer my age.

The five-grand a month stipend and private jetting about was wonderful but being forced to listen to country and western music day in and day out was the eventual deal-breaker.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Define whore.

Is any woman who wants a rich guy or a guy who earns a lot of money a whore?

Or is she only one if she charges per night instead of marrying the guy and expecting big money while she is married and in case they get divorced?

I can't believe you just accused my wife of 18 years of being a whore.

Oh, wait... yes I can.

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2024 at 4:46 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I met my gf in a bar, many years ago.

In a way I would like to have another one similar to what my gf used to be. Young, cute, innocent, happy enjoying life.

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So how do you call women who are only interested in rich guys or guys who make a ton of money?

Gold diggers?

Many women want guys with money, some want the money right away, some can wait a little longer. But the principle is the same: They want money.

And yes, there are also some women who don't care much about money.

There is a distiction to make between prostitutes and women who look for rich husbands but haven't been on the game. 

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The reason why 99.9% of such relations do not work is very, very simple:
- he meets a girl, pays the bar fine and fees for services rendered - at least at the beginning of the relation. She knows exactly, that he bought her and can buy any other girl if he likes and she becomes history
- she meets him and he falls in love hell over heels. Once the pink glass outlook wears off he realizes, that she came with him  initially for the money and should anyone else enter the race with more money, promises or better looks, then he becomes history

So in short, the mistrust is seeded upon them the moment they meet. Good luck to all; some very few might work, the big majority is marred with frustration, pain and sadness ...... 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Sydebolle said:

The reason why 99.9% of such relations do not work is very, very simple:
- he meets a girl, pays the bar fine and fees for services rendered - at least at the beginning of the relation. She knows exactly, that he bought her and can buy any other girl if he likes and she becomes history
- she meets him and he falls in love hell over heels. Once the pink glass outlook wears off he realizes, that she came with him  initially for the money and should anyone else enter the race with more money, promises or better looks, then he becomes history

So in short, the mistrust is seeded upon them the moment they meet. Good luck to all; some very few might work, the big majority is marred with frustration, pain and sadness ...... 

Statistics is not your thing obviously. Most girls who leave Thailand with an tourist, most likely been working in tourist areas. More than half of the expats, finding their ladies in the tourists/ entertaining  areas. Most of those I hang out with, riding motorbikes with, have long term gf/ wife's and it seems to work out very well. Very few have educated girls in higher positions. 

How many pretend they have a high class chick here you think who did not serve expats and tourists? 

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, XB12X said:

There is a distiction to make between prostitutes and women who look for rich husbands but haven't been on the game. 

Yes, there is a difference.

But it seems there are lots of women who are only interested in rich guys or guys who make a lot of money so that those guys spend a lot of money with them or on them. Holidays, jewelry, designer this and that.

How many girls/women are only interested in love and don't care about money? 

32 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

The reason why 99.9% of such relations do not work is very, very simple

And your post is wrong, for a very simple reason: There are many relationships in Thailand which started in girly bars. Some guys admit it, others tell whatever story they think they get away with.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, XB12X said:

The destination is not really that subtle in Thailand: 

1) Hookers - no dressing that one up (any girl who works in the bar scene)

2) Ex Ho's - no dressing that one up either (any girl who worked in the bar scene)

3) Occupational Farang Hunters - Girls who look specifically 'only' for foreign guys

4) Gold Diggers - Girls who specifically seek out wealthy guys (Thai or Western)

5) Regular Women - Honest intentions, educated, financially independent etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

How many pretend they have a high class chick here you think who did not serve expats and tourists? 

Ive a mate who's bird is welll fit... speaks perfect english always dressed t the nines, comess across as HiSo chicky.

First time they came round me misso convinced her to put on a bikini and  join her in the pool.

The sluzza was covered neck to wrists to ankles in <deleted>ty bar girl tattoo's !

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Ive a mate who's bird is welll fit... speaks perfect english always dressed t the nines, comess across as HiSo chicky.

First time they came round me misso convinced her to put on a bikini and  join her in the pool.

The sluzza was covered neck to wrists to ankles in <deleted>ty bar girl tattoo's !

I know one educated girl who have simular to Japanese family tatto, can't be seen with clothes on, she used to be a manager for show girls motor sport exhibitions and shows. Never been a bar girl. So I would be careful how you measure people around yourself.

The most innocents ones I have met, have been some of the most sluttiest girls I learned to know, but still the typical bar party girls is easier to spot thow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I know one educated girl who have simular to Japanese family tatto, can't be seen with clothes on, she used to be a manager for show girls motor sport exhibitions and shows. Never been a bar girl. So I would be careful how you measure people around yourself.

The most innocents ones I have met, have been some of the most sluttiest girls I learned to know, but still the typical bar party girls is easier to spot thow.

Tattoos are not the 'giveaway' they used to be.

I know some folks (male and female) who would be considered 'hi-so' by the Thai's around them... 

They have Tattoo's.

One of the Lads has Tattoo's that are quite impressive - his family are loaded, he is loaded, he's also a very stylish fella and his tattoos really suit his image. 

Others are young females (daughters of friends of my Wife) - they have some tatts (seem them when we've holidayed on the beach) - these girls went to the best Int'l school in Bangkok are now at Top Rated Universities Overseas.

Of course - much of this depends on the quality of the Tattoo, behavior of the people in question etc... its a package thing...   

The 'slutty tatts' observed in bars or on some people walking around are a dead giveaway...   but the simple fact of just having a tattoo isn't.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

once she had a dozen Spy's under the belt the crass bar sluzza speaking came out its pie hole.

10 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

once she had a dozen Spy's under the belt the crass bar sluzza speaking came out its pie hole.

I really do not like to generalize. She is a good girl, speaks good, behave good, and a good gf to my friend. 

The good thing in our group, or people I socializing with, we do not ask what the gf/wife do, or what she did before, and we do not judge. 

Why is it so important for some to know or speculate? My best guess, they need excuses for themselves and their own actions

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

Nope, never. Had my fun with them (....lots of them) and married a thai teacher. I simply would never trust a thai bar girl, her job is to lie to you. I met my wife on Thaifriendly - before it really started turning into a price gallery for freelancers

Do some make good wives ? Maybe. I personally do not know ANYONE that has married a thai bar girl (or got involved with one long time) that has either A. Not divorced. or B. Is not working on the side as a freelancer without the man knowing. or C. has a secret 2nd phone she is still talking to all her ex's on to get money.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

1) Hookers - no dressing that one up (any girl who works in the bar scene)

That reminds me of a holiday in Thailand about 30 years ago.

I picked up a new girl in Pattaya and paid her bar for two weeks and we made holiday in Koh Samui.

A couple of days later a friend arrived. He also brought a girl from Pattaya who worked there already for years.

When my girl saw my friend with his girl, she was shocked, and she said something like: But that is a hooker! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Correct.

A lot also depends on what the guy likes.

I like a sexy girl with mini skirt and high heels next to me.

Others want to be seen with a normal = boring women.

Some bargirls can play any of these roles to perfection. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

I really do not like to generalize. She is a good girl, speaks good, behave good, and a good gf to my friend. 

The good thing in our group, or people I socializing with, we do not ask what the gf/wife do, or what she did before, and we do not judge. 

Then aren't you judging ???...  otherwise you wouldn't have to tip-toe around the possibility that the other girls were / are ho's or ex ho's...  

I know what all of my friends Wive's & GF's do - because there is no question of their 'virtue' (for want of a better phrase).

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Why is it so important for some to know or speculate? My best guess, they need excuses for themselves and their own actions

Its not important...  until it is....

... its clear there are many successful relationships where the guy is with an ex BG...   its those pulling the wool over their own eyes that draw some mirth. 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

I am pretty sure the women look at each other and it won't take 5min and they have some good ideas where the others come from.

And it seems most "normal" women don't want to socialize with (ex) bargirls. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am pretty sure the women look at each other and it won't take 5min and they have some good ideas where the others come from.

And it seems most "normal" women don't want to socialize with (ex) bargirls. 

You have bar girls who just do kot want to interact with bar other bar girls 😄

Just let's say, city girls often do not have any common with farmer girls. Both can have a history either as a bar or freelance, sometimes in combination with other work/occupation. 

Edited by Hummin

Just now, Hummin said:

Most farang gf/wifes have more or less searched out foreigners for a reason, and to say it in a proper 

You have bar girls who just do kot want to interact with bar other bar girls 😄

Just let's say, city girls often do not have any common with farmer girls. Both can have a history either as a bar or freelance, sometimes in combination with other work/occupation. 

Just to say out from my own experience, most expats denies their office, hotel, real estate agent, tour guide didn't work around with freelancing accidently me in a night club or by friends of friends. Very few tourists/expats meets a girls with clean history and without some cind of "luggage"

But honestly, I do not care, I'm okay with my friends and my choice of wife and are perfectly fine with or about her history. What she did before her long term bf and me, I do not care about. I care about now, and future

• Like 1