Nightlife in Nakkon R Korat. Help.

advancebooking

There is always the monkey bar.   😇

There are new bars opening in old city  .   I mean leading down from 5 ways towards the monument.   Beware of the ladies  around the monument  LOL  

There are establishments that deal with physical needs.   

Korat is a big place  if you look hard enough you can find whatever makes you happy. 

KK has one advantage in that you can get cheap flights to BKK.    The drive from Korat is unpleasant IMHO

9 hours ago, surreybloke said:

There are new bars opening in old city  .   I mean leading down from 5 ways towards the monument.   Beware of the ladies  around the monument  LOL  

Korat is a big place  if you look hard enough you can find whatever makes you happy. 

KK has one advantage in that you can get cheap flights to BKK.    The drive from Korat is unpleasant IMHO

Absolutely.  The drive to Korat is a stressful 4 hours or so on a very dangerous road with regular fatal accidents. 

On 9/2/2024 at 7:51 PM, advancebooking said:

Im sick of Nana plaza and driving to Nakkon nowhwere rachasima Korat. 

Can you recommend bars / nightlife. Do they have karoke bars? Wheres the nightlife area?

thanks

Going from nightlife capital of Thailand to countryside for nightlife? Don’t make sense. 

20 years ago, Korat city used to have 2 gogo-bars and a few bars.
But they catered mainly the locals and Japanese tourists.
Even now, many places are only accesible to Japanese and you can read clear on a paper at the door.

That said, there are still some places with good nightlfe and good bars.
Most bars, are filled with the usual English/American/Aussie people and are not exactly the same bars as you can find in Pattaya or in Bangkok.
Still, you can enjoy a good drink and a chat with the (boring) expats/English teachers.

A place where you can find always a girl/woman for a quick <deleted> for a cheap price are the main parc at the Yamoo statue and around the main hospitals.

Nice girls and a nice night out are plenty to find and worth every dime.
But most of these places are a no-go zone for the usual foreigners unless you speak good Thai and you are accepted by the locals.
I go sometimes to these places and prefer them 500% above Pattaya or Bangkok.

A picture of last Christmas at one of these bars.

river bar.jpg

8 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Even now, many places are only accesible to Japanese and you can read clear on a paper at the door.

Most bars, are filled with the usual English/American/Aussie people and are not exactly the same bars as you can find in Pattaya or in Bangkok.
Still, you can enjoy a good drink and a chat with the (boring) expats/English teachers.

A place where you can find always a girl/woman for a quick <deleted> for a cheap price are the main parc at the Yamoo statue and around the main hospitals.

But most of these places are a no-go zone for the usual foreigners unless you speak good Thai and you are accepted by the locals.

river bar.jpg

I lived there for three years.  Never had a problem, never saw a "no-go zone" that I didn't want to go to.  Never really noticed a Japanese presence there tho'.  I liked it.

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

river bar.jpg

FFS./ 

I can see why you removed yourself from that picture.  I wouldn't have wanted to be in a photo with 4 ugly trolls like them either.  

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/4/2024 at 8:14 PM, surreybloke said:

On 9/4/2024 at 8:14 PM, surreybloke said:

On your way to KK stop off at the only Bar in Phimai. Opposite the Clock Tower.

There is this place, albeit out of town

88/9 Sueb Siri Rd, ตำบล ในเมือง Amphoe Mueang Nakhon Ratchasima, Chang Wat Nakhon Ratchasima 30000, Thailand | Instant Street View

Also there are bar s  drive past la panza away from suranee monument .    Most bars are for young thais.    Newish bar next to Srivithai   hotel not too far from the old bus station.           The monkey bar if you want more mature farangs.  The monkey bar not far from the catholic school.