Swiss man in Phuket acquitted of assaulting doctor

snoop1130

On 9/3/2024 at 7:48 PM, Upnotover said:

There is, it's even in this thread.  Seems to show absolutely nothing.

It shows the reaction of the two women. They got up and walked away. If the video is uncut and shows a historic and accurate time line, wouldn't you think the woman concerned would feel her back (where she was allegedly kicked), cry out in pain, remonstrate with the alleged perpetrator, and cause an argument? None of that. Both just walked away. One would assume the story was subsequently inflated and embellished with all sorts of different claims.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No point as there is no such video, as you well know, if there was you would have linked to it.  It is actually on this thread, that is, the video that clearly does not show her being kicked!

No point as there is no such video, as you well know, if there was you would have linked to it.  It is actually on this thread, that is, the video that clearly does not show her being kicked!

There is a video, yes cannot see that he kicked her as the video moves around a lot as he goes down the steps, he did say at the time he stumbled. Only he and the Thai lady will know the truth and they both have their own versions, I belive her version. As for not supplying you the video link, you are a big boy you can find it yourself. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stupidfarang said:

There is a video, yes cannot see that he kicked her as the video moves around a lot as he goes down the steps, he did say at the time he stumbled. Only he and the Thai lady will know the truth and they both have their own versions, I belive her version. As for not supplying you the video link, you are a big boy you can find it yourself. 

Looking at the video itself... (and ignoring all other comments).

1 - the Swiss-man is extremely hostle.

2 - the video does not show a kick

3 - Its more than possible there was a kick (but that cannot be seen).

4 - If there was a kick, sufficient to cause injury, would the lady on the receiving end of said kick, not be holding the area she was kicked or at least 'scream out' in response to being kicked ?

I'm not siding with the Swiss-man by any means, his actions were that of an animal, no matter his nationality, the victims nationality or whether they were in or outside of Thailand - the behavior is still that of an utterly despicable character...

... But, there is no clear indication a kick... or even a 'slip' for that matter.

On 9/3/2024 at 1:33 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

You could well be right, you could also well be wrong, either way, he was not convicted.  I doubt that there was money involved as the doctor's father has said that she was upset by the ruling, something that she's not likely to say if she had been compensated.

There are different people to bribe in cases like this. The judge takes the decision !?

It's about the same in the west. Those very good expensive lawyers, are not much better than others. But they have much better contacts with Judges !!

• Like 1

On 9/3/2024 at 6:21 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I don’t know how he can be acquitted when there was video evidence of an assault. 

฿฿฿ TIT ฿฿฿

4 hours ago, stupidfarang said:
7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"As for not supplying you the video link, you are a big boy you can find it yourself".

Impossible for anyone - even a big boy - to find a video that does not exist, i.e. a video showing that he kicked her.  There was only one video taken that night and that is the one that Fehr made, the one that is shown on this thread...the only one that exists.

On 9/3/2024 at 6:21 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I don’t know how he can be acquitted when there was video evidence of an assault. 

There wasn't any evidence of an assault (a kick).  Swearing and hostility is not assault, certainly not in the context of the charges in his case.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"As for not supplying you the video link, you are a big boy you can find it yourself".

Impossible for anyone - even a big boy - to find a video that does not exist, i.e. a video showing that he kicked her.  There was only one video taken that night and that is the one that Fehr made, the one that is shown on this thread...the only one that exists.

Are you Fehr or a close friend? The way you are replying to everyone makes one think you have a vested interest. LOL

2 hours ago, stupidfarang said:
14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Are you Fehr or a close friend? The way you are replying to everyone makes one think you have a vested interest. LOL

Thanks for, probably inadvertently, confirming that the video that you claim exists is just a figment of your imagination!

What if I was Fehr, or a close friend, what difference would that make?  I respond to comments rationally and accurately, without fabricating or speculating, something that tends to go against the grain with most AN posters so if that gives me a vested interest in your irrational, speculative mind, then so be it.  

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2024 at 2:28 PM, richard_smith237 said:

... And there still maybe, as while he has been acquitted of assault, his business dealings were brought into question - and that may see his visa rights disintegrating.

Nothing money can't fix. If he has enough money to get out of this situation - which he apparently does - he has enough money to buy a different type of visa. TiT.

Edited by PingRoundTheWorld

On 9/5/2024 at 3:45 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

No money needed when there is precisely no evidence of a crime.

Probably not completely true. I'm sure some money exchanged hands anyway.

However you're right- beyond her word there is zero evidence of a kick so it's his word against hers. The video he took shows him rushing towards her and she jumping up - but it does not show a kick. More likely he accidently touched her with his leg so she thinks he kicked her and he's convinced he didn't.

I'm not saying he's a nice guy - the way he spoke and the entitleness are disgusting - but being a disgusting human being is not illegal and there was no assault here.

• Thumbs Up 1