Petrol Station Scam in Bang Rakam Caught on Video, Goes Viral

snoop1130

20 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

A bonding strap is always attached , to ground to earth. Why do petrol stations not use them?

Valid point, as theory has it we (humans) have a build up of static electricity and when we get out of the car, theoretically we are supposed to touch the car to allow that to disperse before handling the fuel nozzle - this is of course infinitesimal, though, higher for some tightly wound posters in their nylon & corduroy, so they may want to take caution, though I wonder how scared they get when they 'turn their car back on after refuelling.

Decades ago owners used to have 'strips' dragging at the back to disperse the static build up from the car itself.

IF any of these were genuine issues, I think petrol stations would have something in place to deal with it.

As for Air-craft fuel, its higher octane, far more easy to ignite than regular gasoline etc and as you pointed out in an industry with the highest levels of safety - they can refuel with the APU running etc, but we must keep our seatbelts unfastened while refuelling just incase we need to make a hasty exit.. which always struck me as odd.

I had fuel leaking all over my engine the other day... engine was hot (usually running temp) and fuel pump developed a leak...  I rode straight to the dealership and was naturally concerned about ignition of all the vapour from the fuel evaporating off the engine - nothing happened. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

As for Air-craft fuel, its higher octane, far more easy to ignite than regular gasoline etc 

Yes AVGAS, for piston engine planes,  is high octane.

But I'm talking jet fuel. Very low octane, basically like kerosene or diesel. Very resistant to detonation by sparks.

Edited by Captain Monday