Teaching license for those enrolled in the 7-Module course run by Kurusapa

Here's my predicament:

I enrolled in the 7-Module course recently, paid for it, and started it a few days ago.

I've had 2 waivers (the 2-year, old-style permission to teach that was given to teachers without an education degree), during the 4 years I've been teaching.

Yesterday I was told by the people who process the visas, work permits, and licenses in my school that Kurusapa (the Teacher's Council) will not issue a new waiver, and, therefore, the school will not be able to process my visa and work permit, effectively putting me in a very awkward position.

On the one hand, I am enrolled in a course run by the very body that issues licenses, on the other hand, the same body will not give me - one of their students - permission to teach, therefore I cannot be legally employed, so I will lose my visa, so I will have to leave the country.

This is absurd.

And I am not the only one. Two other teachers in the school are in the same situation and all our visas/work permits are due to expire soon.

Is there anybody else in these or similar circumstances?

I would check if the school doesn't want to get rid of its foreign teachers. The norm is that you get 3 waivers, expecially since you enrolled to the course and stay with the same school. I see no reasons why you shouldn't get a third waiver, unless you had already another waiver with another school..

• Agree 2