Urgent Calls for Stricter Controls on Dangerous Dogs after Fatal Attacks

1 hour ago, proton said:

One of the few things Turkey gets right, rounding up strays, in their case 4 million, must be about the same here. Nobody cares about the cows, pigs and sheep that get 'massacred' of course.

People do have very valid and ethical objections to farming. To then go to conflate that position to nonsensically oppose elimination of dangerous pests undermines the validity of that position. 

There is a guy in my village who walks around with a huge dog that looks exactly like this. Walks it off the lead around the park where little children play.

He tells people not to let their little dogs run up to him (understandable), because his dog will kill them and he won't be able to stop it (maybe put it on a leash then?)

He refuses to put it on a leash.

Do I have to take matters into my own hands on this, or is there a "proper" way to proceed? Or is he in the right? Should I be speaking to village management or police or what.

image.jpeg.085049a6ce2e192a86c962295fc6aeed.jpeg

Edited by whattheheck

Shoot the blooming Muts.  Ban the breed and other fighting breeds from being bred and sold in Thailand.  Thailand needs to wake up to the dangerous dog problem and get to grips with the angry packs of dogs roaming the sois and attacking  children playing, running around.   Many cases don't even reach the news.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whattheheck said:

He tells people not to let their little dogs run up to him (understandable), because his dog will kill them and he won't be able to stop it (maybe put it on a leash then?)

He refuses to put it on a leash.

image.jpeg.085049a6ce2e192a86c962295fc6aeed.jpeg

That looks like one of the Bully variants the pittie cult claims are safe, as any aggression has been bred out of them. Complete nonsense. The owner knows and admits the dog is dangerous and he cannot or will not control it.

Anything that happens on the walks, or if it gets out is 100 percent his responsibility.

He should then be held responsible at court as if he knowingly inflicted the bites and mauling  himself.

• Like 2

nothing but talk and again more talk and more savage attacks and more talk....... seen this since firrst time to LOS in 2001 ...nothing will be done unless trhere is some tea money for BiB

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

and clean up all the soi dogs around the country.  get rid of them all.  

start putting heavy fines on owners.

start impounding stray dogs.

start euthanizing soi dogs everywhere.

start eliminating all dogs off the beaches so it's safe for families.

I'm no lover of bullies. I agree these particular dogs should be put down. But think about it. Humans are a 100 times worse. Wars, terrorists attacks etc, etc. And who breeds and sells these dogs in the first place? Man's inhumanity to man (and the animal world) far exceeds any damage the animal world inflicts on us. Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth of contribution to this conversation..

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, smew said:

nothing but talk and again more talk and more savage attacks and more talk....... seen this since firrst time to LOS in 2001 ...nothing will be done unless trhere is some tea money for BiB

yeah '     they just regurgitate the same old news and talks every 6 months or so. 

it gets very boring after a while .....    

Thai thinking lacks any common sense ... they are illogical and uneducated.  

nothing will ever be done ....  

Edited by steven100

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

One bite of a person and the family gets a fine of 100,000 baht. Can't pay? You lose your dog. Two bites, or a horrific or fatal attack, and the monster is put down. 

One bite can be fatal

• Agree 2

On 9/6/2024 at 3:53 AM, webfact said:

According to Roger, dangerous dogs should be identified based on behaviour rather than breed, including any animals that have harmed humans or other pets or caused accidents.

Yes, wait until the dog kills someone, then you know the dangerous ones that you need to do something about.

What a genius Roger is...  🙄

• Agree 1

Blame the owner not the dog. If the dog was educated properly there would not be a problem. If parents don't educate their kids socially there will be problems later in their lives, same as as a dog especially a untrained terrier.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Yes, wait until the dog kills someone, then you know the dangerous ones that you need to do something about.

What a genius Roger is...  🙄

Dogs won't kill anyone if i educated correctly, just like you been educated.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Geir Rasch said:

Dogs that attack people should be put down. When will Thais understand this?

Dog owner should be put down as he responsible for dog, not dogs fault if they are not educated or rrained

• Confused 1

"Devastated, the family has since decided to seek new homes for the dogs."

Put the damn things down - never mind new homes. They have killed a human being for goodness sake, so there should be no pussyfooting around. 

"...........the Thai Agriculture and Cooperatives Ministry plans to introduce regulations by early next year, focusing on securely containing dangerous dogs and enforcing stringent handling measures."

What's wrong with now?  - before somebody else gets killed? Surely an emergency decree could be rushed through Parliament?

No more pussyfooting around - just ban them, like they've been banned in several countries already!!!

• Agree 1

I dont like this dogs and their Owners , but i love dogs. 

but one thing to all the dog haters...... yes their are victims, but how many victims due to human crimes ( boxing,stabing, killing driving and so on )  , they are by far outpacing the dogs. 

I dont like regulations, but if , have not to sanction the dogs , have to train the owners , for a dogholderlicence

5 hours ago, lapamita said:

I dont like this dogs and their Owners , but i love dogs. 

but one thing to all the dog haters...... yes their are victims, but how many victims due to human crimes ( boxing,stabing, killing driving and so on )  , they are by far outpacing the dogs. 

I dont like regulations, but if , have not to sanction the dogs , have to train the owners , for a dogholderlicence

Are for real, train owners and dog licence - about as effective of training vehicle drivers and having licences. 

On 9/6/2024 at 2:46 AM, newbee2022 said:

35 years ago we got dog hunters on the roads. Thaksin's achievements. Hopefully he'll start this again. All ownerless dogs to catch and put down.👍

Where they not sold to Cambodia or Vietnam?