RfK Jr. scored a pair of legal victories Friday in the battleground states of NC & Michigan

riclag

RFK Jr. notches wins in North Carolina and Michigan in his effort to get off ballots. But lost in Wisconsin.

More Rfk jr independents can vote for Trump as a result!

https://www.foxcarolina.com/2024/09/06/rfk-jr-notches-wins-north-carolina-michigan-his-effort-get-off-ballots/

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 2

There are differing opinions on the impact of RFK Jr. dropping out of the presidential race. But here's one by a recognized expert:

RFK Jr. dropping out would benefit Kamala Harris: Historian

• Independent Robert F. Kennedy Jr. withdrew from the ballot in Arizona
  • If he drops out of race, it would boost Harris' campaign, historian says
  • Kennedy campaign 'disappearing' wipes out negative key for Harris: Lichtman

Aug 23, 2024

CHICAGO (NewsNation) — A historian who’s correctly predicted nearly every presidential race since 1984 says that if Robert F. Kennedy Jr. drops out of the 2024 election, Democratic nominee Kamala Harris will benefit.

Allan Lichtman, an American University professor, has used a formula of 13 true-or-false questions, or “keys,” in his winning predictions.

(more)

https://www.newsnationnow.com/politics/2024-election/rfk-jr-dropping-out-benefit-kamala-harris-historian/

• Sad 1

Also, the same Fox News report above includes the following:

-- in Wisconsin, a Dane County circuit court judge for now has denied Kennedy’s request for a temporary restraining order to put on hold the state elections commission’s decision to keep him on the ballot.

AND

--in Michigan, Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson plans to appeal the lower court ruling granting Kennedy's request to the state's Supreme Court.

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Also, the same Fox News report above includes the following:

-- in Wisconsin, a Dane County circuit court judge for now has denied Kennedy’s request for a temporary restraining order to put on hold the state elections commission’s decision to keep him on the ballot.

AND

--in Michigan, Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson plans to appeal the lower court ruling granting Kennedy's request to the state's Supreme Court.

Looks like corruption. Keeping a man on a ballot that wants out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

From the above News Nation report:

"One of Lichtman’s negative “keys” against the party currently in the White House is a significant third-party campaign, as he says it’s a sign of people’s discontent with the current government.

“The basis of my keys to the White House is that it’s governing, not campaigning,” Lichtman said. “The disappearing RFK campaign then wipes out a possible negative key against the incumbent party.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

"One of Lichtman’s negative “keys” against the party currently in the White House is a significant third-party campaign, as he says it’s a sign of people’s discontent with the current government.

“The basis of my keys to the White House is that it’s governing, not campaigning,” Lichtman said. “The disappearing RFK campaign then wipes out a possible negative key against the incumbent party.”

Which is nonsense as Kennedy supports Trump.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You're entitled to your opinion, just as he's entitled to his...

But as he (unlike you) is a recognized expert on correctly forecasting past U.S. presidential election outcomes, I know whom I'm going to listen to.

"CHICAGO (NewsNation) — A historian who’s correctly predicted nearly every presidential race since 1984 says that if Robert F. Kennedy Jr. drops out of the 2024 election, Democratic nominee Kamala Harris will benefit."

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You're entitled to your opinion, just as he's entitled to his...

But as he (unlike you) is a recognized expert on correctly forecasting past U.S. presidential election outcomes, I know whom I'm going to listen to.

I predicted all those results. Most elections are easy. This one is closer. The debate will matter and any economic shocks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Looks like corruption. Keeping a man on a ballot that wants out.

He had to sig( law suit) the courts on Michigan and Secretary of State for 

Michigan Benson imop

“Benson, a Democrat, "had no basis to deny (Kennedy's) request to withdraw his name from the ballot," a three-judge panel of the Michigan Court of Appeals said Friday”.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/09/06/michigan-appeals-court-robert-kennedy-presidential-ballot/75086291007/

1 hour ago, riclag said:

RFK Jr. notches wins in North Carolina and Michigan in his effort to get off ballots. But lost in Wisconsin.

More Rfk jr independents can vote for Trump as a result!

https://www.foxcarolina.com/2024/09/06/rfk-jr-notches-wins-north-carolina-michigan-his-effort-get-off-ballots/

GO-MAN-GO!!!!!!!!!

We need to protect the world from Harris....

At all cost....

NOTE4:  Yes...  TRUE....   I have been against Trump from Day One..... (even before I left Taiwan....many years ago....)...

But now is a new day.

The safety of The World is in balance...

And, I have suddenly switched sides.....to align myself with the Barbarian...Trump.

Who would have thunk it?

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TedG said:

This summer the dems were fighting to keep RFK off the ballots. 

I guess some of us aren't big fans of nutjob conspiracy theory and misinformation peddlers running for high office...

Kinda the same reason most of us abhor Trump!

27 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

GO-MAN-GO!!!!!!!!!

We need to protect the world from Harris....

At all cost....

NOTE4:  Yes...  TRUE....   I have been against Trump from Day One..... (even before I left Taiwan....many years ago....)...

But now is a new day.

The safety of The World is in balance...

And, I have suddenly switched sides.....to align myself with the Barbarian...Trump.

Who would have thunk it?

So you like Rfk jr winning his court battles against the establishment?

43 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I guess some of us aren't big fans of nutjob conspiracy theory and misinformation peddlers running for high office...

Kinda the same reason most of us abhor Trump!

The ends justify the means huh?   is the role of the DNC to decide who is on or off a ballot? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TedG said:

This summer the dems were fighting to keep RFK off the ballots. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/democrats-allies-sue-to-keep-rfk-jr-off-ballot/

And the dems claim to be the party of Democracy.  

Not just Rfk jr! 

opinion from the editorial dept:

anti democracy dems:

Hmm: Democrats are fighting to get third-party candidates Jill Stein and Cornel West off the ballot in multiple states — while simultaneously battling to keep RFK Jr. on some states’ ballot even after he’s withdrawn.

“Defending democracy” sure is a tricky business. 

Of course, the “principle” at stake here is nothing but “what’s best for Kamala Harris.”

https://nypost.com/2024/08/31/opinion/anti-democracy-democrats-are-playing-ballot-games-to-boost-kamala-harris-chances/

• Sad 1

I'm not sure I'd call these "wins" or "victories"?

He pushed hard to get on the ballot(s), then pushed hard to get off them.

More indicative of his inability to stick to a plan.

Surprising that he flip-flopped? No.

Brain worms at work.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You don't have to like Trump to support his policies.

Putting aside my dislike for Harris the person, I just think that she has no qualifications or experience to make he a suitable POTUS. Has she even had a real job in her life?

Do some research on her yourself, and find out for yourself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, riclag said:

Not just Rfk jr! 

opinion from the editorial dept:

anti democracy dems:

Hmm: Democrats are fighting to get third-party candidates Jill Stein and Cornel West off the ballot in multiple states — while simultaneously battling to keep RFK Jr. on some states’ ballot even after he’s withdrawn.

“Defending democracy” sure is a tricky business. 

Of course, the “principle” at stake here is nothing but “what’s best for Kamala Harris.”

https://nypost.com/2024/08/31/opinion/anti-democracy-democrats-are-playing-ballot-games-to-boost-kamala-harris-chances/

Yep…

• Like 1

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

Do some research on her yourself, and find out for yourself.

???????????????????

I know everything I need to know that she is not the best person to run the US ( and that isn't saying that Trump is either ).

She reminds me of the last female PM of NZ that was IMO a complete disaster for the country.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1