Thai doctor vows to create "Hitler Room" to gas hospital smokers

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Why would any doctor ?    Anyway  the oath doesn't seem to have stopped them going on strike in the UK . or reducing the number of appintments they accept , both of which are hardly beneficial to patients.    But they are seem to be happy now that hey have had a wage increase , albeit at the expense of pensioners who have lost their winter fuel allowance, I guess hypothermia doesn't count 

The Hippocratic Oath is essentially an ancient union manifesto...

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Every time I think they can't come up with any more ridiculous/stupid ideas, along comes a new winner.

Not a very Smart Doctor...cause of his military background..."Dumb Bell".....

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

The easier way is to ban smoking in the hospital and it’s grounds  or pay a 10,000 baht on the spot fine  if caught this is the way most of the world has gone you can’t smoke in public places but as normal Thailand is years behind 

All hospitals ban smoking inside and in their grounds.  So Thailand is not behind in that respect. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Mark Nothing said:

Now we have doctors openly plotting to harm others.  His contempt is sickening.

He is actually telling you not to use doctor or hospital services.

Which is what I did 5 years ago by learning how oldtimers stayed healthy.

No, he's reminding people not to smoke in the hospital...

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, watchcat said:

That's a Book we can trust.

And exactly the place one would expect to find senior medical and military personal loitering,   When they are not on Tik Tok of course.       Pathetic

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, crazyg said:

No, he's reminding people not to smoke in the hospital...

He could achieve that better by simply putting up a few signs and enforcing the rules,   and he would not look as ridiculous

so much for his Hippocratic oath and his  obligation of a physician not to harm the patient. This oath includes do not kill, do not cause pain or suffering, do not incapacitate, do not cause offense, and do not deprive others of the goods of life.

Nanna,

me thinks this guy should change his name to Adolph Nanna,   :P

• Agree 1

Maybe not the best name to give the proposed smokers’ booths, as according to many sources on the web, Hitler strongly disliked the practice of smoking, and the Nazis mounted a campaign against smoking.

14 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Is that what Hilter used in his bathing rooms ?

I believe he started off using exhaust gas,  until one of his scientists discovered that Zyclon B was faster acting

While they are at it, why do they not ban all sort of smoking, and all sort of alcohol in all Thailand.
And also ban all sex outside your own bedroom, and all sex that is not with your lawful married wife.
I am sure that will make everyone happy and bring a lot of turist to Thailand. 🤣
(In case you did not understand it.... It is ment as a joke)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

Maybe not the best name to give the proposed smokers’ booths, as according to many sources on the web, Hitler strongly disliked the practice of smoking, and the Nazis mounted a campaign against smoking.

Yes gave them Amphetamines instead.

evabraun.jpg.c7e6888925f1f1d0bf7e720d53c95368.jpg Eva Braun smoking.Eva_Braun_story_pictures(19).jpg.6b5d147a1c636616a02ac2699f56d795.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I heartily agree with the good doctor. In my experience, tobacco junkies are among the most selfish and inconsiderate people. In fact, when I drove a cab in San Francisco, they would often light up in my taxi and then complain when I rolled my driver's window down as they puffed away. I was truly grateful when legislation was passed that made it illegal to smoke in taxis without the driver's permission.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Please make that all smokers.

Tobacco, e-cigarettes and weed.

...people who burn trash at night, arsonists who set fires to Thai forests...

• Agree 1