Newborn's Body Found Stuffed in Rice Sack by Roadside Workers

IMG_5406.jpeg

Picture from responders.

In a shocking discovery  the body of a newborn baby girl was found stuffed inside a rice sack and abandoned on the side of a road. The gruesome discovery was made by a highway maintenance worker cutting grass along Sukhumvit Road near a curve leading to Prachsamata School, in Rayong.

At approximately 09:30, Pol. Lt. Kittichai Wongbia, an investigator from Rayong’s Mae Phim Police Station, received a call from a team of highway department workers, reporting the discovery. The body was found inside a 15-kilogram rice sack, itself placed within another bag, and discarded by the roadside. Wrapped in a blood-stain maternity dress, the newborn is believed to have died less than 12 hours prior to being discovered.

Mrs. Samniang (surname withheld), a worker with the Rayong Highway Department, recounted the moment of the heartbreaking find. "I was cutting grass when I saw the suspicious bag. At first, I thought someone had accidentally dropped a rice sack. I prodded it with a stick and noticed something was off. When I opened the bag, I found blood-stained maternity clothes and the tiny body of the baby, with her feet sticking out," she explained, still shaken by the discovery.

Authorities suspect that the mother, who may have been full-term, gave birth outside of a hospital and chose to wrap the infant’s body in her dress. The baby was then placed inside the rice sack, which was later stuffed into another bag and abandoned. It is believed the parents or whoever left the baby by the roadside fled the scene shortly after the incident, likely during the previous night.

Police have initiated an investigation and are reviewing CCTV footage from the surrounding area in hopes of identifying the individual or individuals responsible. Pol. Lt. Kittichai confirmed that the authorities are working diligently to find the mother, stating, "This is a tragic incident, and we will use all available resources to track down those involved."

Video below from the scene, as police investigate the area.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-10

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1