Int. internet speed

bubblegum

I use both True fiber and TOT in the home, and both are super fast, all day. And a great value. Cost is about 25% of what I would pay in the US. And faster. Plus I can download. 

Same applies to my phone. 8x the speed of my cell in the US, at 23% of the price. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I use both True fiber and TOT in the home, and both are super fast, all day. And a great value. Cost is about 25% of what I would pay in the US. And faster. Plus I can download. 

Same applies to my phone. 8x the speed of my cell in the US, at 23% of the price. 

how much is TOT per month?  

31 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Why both if I may ask?

I’m not sure about. “International “ Internet speed, but recently I got tired of my wi-fi router needing rebooting multiple times per day, so I had fiber installed in my condo. TMN Pattaya.  There was an installation fee, a cost for the modem, and three month’s service up front.  I think all that was about 8,000 baht.

Anyway, it’s fast and, so far, it works flawlessly, even with a VPN routed through the U.S.

IMG_0365.jpeg

23 minutes ago, jas007 said:

I’m not sure about. “International “ Internet speed, but recently I got tired of my wi-fi router needing rebooting multiple times per day, so I had fiber installed in my condo. TMN Pattaya.  There was an installation fee, a cost for the modem, and three month’s service up front.  I think all that was about 8,000 baht.

Anyway, it’s fast and, so far, it works flawlessly, even with a VPN routed through the U.S.

IMG_0365.jpeg

I've got fiber and very fast. Speed within thailand over 1 G. But do a google speedtest (international) and speed goes down dramatically. Still good enough most times for streaming and such except at the times I mentioned.

Me thinks someone has been fiddling with the internet. 

A couple of days now, trouble with my Aus vpn servers.  VPN provider said no problems their end, 3BB said no proble. Their end, but seemed to be a domain problem. Gradually cleared today now back to normal.

Big Brother playing around again?

41 minutes ago, jas007 said:

IMG_0365.jpeg

I would expect it to be fast as you're testing it to Chonburi.... Try changing the server to one in the US or Europe and report the speeds.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't help with these times.
I usually don't experience specific outages (3bb).

I searched a bit and saw that testmy.net has an automatic cyclic test.

Test on desktop  PC:

https://testmy.net/auto

Have it running in the afternoon let's say from 2 PM to 6 PM every 10 min or so.

Just an idea. Never tried on my own.

Just started a short cycle of 5 tests.

Tests goes to Tokyo without asking (424 in first test).

Bet you can setup for your preferred route.
Be aware that much of the content does not come from where you might think but through content providers somewhere.
If you use Google most stuff might come from Hong Kong or somewhere else in the region.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bubblegum said:

Why both if I may ask?

Redundancy. I use it alot and if one is slower, I use the other. And the cost is so minimal. Also, for some bizarre reason True fiber is very fast, but much slower for downloads. TOT is blazing fast for downloads. 

• Thanks 1