No dns sever?

stubuzz

The place where i live gets frequent power cuts. I have a router/access point in my room that is connected to the buildings main server and after the power goes off i sometimes cannot connect to the net though Ethernet because it is not getting auto dns sever allocation. It will say connected to the net but opening the browser shows a no dns error. However, i can connect and use the net on a WiFi connection. If i manually add the ipv4 address to the Ethernet connection in settings, it will work again.

Is the router faulty or could it be an ip address conflict? Any ideas?

1 hour ago, degrub said:

Is the device provided by the building management or by you ?

Does building management provide the access to the internet or do you ?

The device is provided by the building management. I think it is configured as an access point.

1 hour ago, degrub said:

DHCP server ip address,  DNS server addresses, and default gateway.

When working, the addresses for ethernet and wifi are the same, but not net connection when opening a browser on ethernet. If you manually change the dns address and save it the ethernet works for about 15 seconds. Note: the wifi connection works all of the while.

It seems that the only way to fix this is to to a hard reset on the main server and router. Then 9/10 times the problem will resolve itself.