The debate thread.

Cryingdick

8 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

An alien watching the debate would take one look at Trump and say "Well f*** me, we're not the only aliens on the planet!"

An alien watching the debate would take one look at Harris and say" humans must be insane to want that as a leader".

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We know Trump's policies from last time. We knew nothing of hers except the ones she stole from Trump. Post debate we still don't know her policies other than giving people's money to other people and wanting to kill the unborn.

Maybe try to ease your tight grip on your pearls or the necklace will probably break.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, maesariang said:

Your source:

“Harris and Trump are in a tight race and the election will likely be decided by just tens of thousands of votes in a handful of battleground states, many of whom are swing voters like the undecided voters who spoke to Reuters.

Although the sample size was small, the responses suggested Harris might need to provide more detailed policy proposals to win over voters who have yet to make up their minds”.

It all comes down to the people in the swing states

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

"She promised to do all these things, but she's been in office for almost 4 years, why has she not done them already?"

Like many on this thread, I guess he was confused about which president beat his butt in the last election.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

not going to pay to read that crap, got any free links?

If you haven't read how do know it's 'crap' other than rejecting 'cause it not from a right of centre source. BTW It's a free article 

• Like 1

A post linking to private party social media content in violation of forum rules has been removed, along with ensuing replies.

18. Social media content is acceptable in most forums. However, in factual areas such as, but not limited to news, current affairs and health topics, social media cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or a government agency and must include a link to the original source.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

That's not satisfactory reply. The Vice Presidential office has considerable power, as we saw with Cheney. When Kamala promises to do this and to do that, it is devastating for Trump to say "She promises to do all this, but she's been in office for almost 4 years, why did she do not it already"?

When it came to the arguments, Trump really won them all.

However, Kamala did the better acting, laughing and smirking, and had a few good soundbites ("He was fired by 80 million people). The suggestion for people to go to the Trump rally was a highpoint for her.

But where it mattered, on the economy, all she offered was empty air and nothing of substance and even the mainstream media concede that.

Overall Trump had the better moments, when he shut her up "I'm talking, sound familiar",  "I was going to send her Maga hat because now she has all my policies" and at the very end when he countered Kamala's promises with "She's been in office for 4 years why hasn't she done it?".

Alas, his pet eating gaffe was a pity, so unnecessary given the real crimes  immigrants have committed,  that was a pretty stupid mistake, and he talked too much about his own record. He should have talked about hers.

You could, at a stretch call it a draw. Which is already surprising, I never thought Harris would fumble like Biden, but I did think Trump would win easily.  Instead it was a draw, so Harris did well. But to say she won the debate is completely unbelievable.

So when he said that after 9 years of promising to replace Obamacare he was now at the stage of having a concept of an idea, would you say that was one of his strongest moments of the debate?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

So when he said that after 9 years of promising to replace Obamacare he was now at the stage of having a concept of an idea, would you say that was one of his strongest moments of the debate?

He had a few weak moments. Much worse was how he tried to blame Kamala and Joe for the inflation, when Americans know it's not their fault. But then Kamala did the same with Covid, blaming Trump for Covid, which was equally ridiculous.

Basically both lied a lot. Trump won most of the arguments and finished strong. But he talked excessively about his record and came up with the stupid pet eating comment, if it hadn't been for that there would have been a strong case for him having won.

10 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

That's not satisfactory reply. The Vice Presidential office has considerable power, as we saw with Cheney. When Kamala promises to do this and to do that, it is devastating for Trump to say "She promises to do all this, but she's been in office for almost 4 years, why did she do not it already"?

When it came to the arguments, Trump really won them all.

However, Kamala did the better acting, laughing and smirking, and had a few good soundbites ("He was fired by 80 million people). The suggestion for people to go to the Trump rally was a highpoint for her.

But where it mattered, on the economy, all she offered was empty air and nothing of substance and even the mainstream media concede that.

Overall Trump had the better moments, when he shut her up "I'm talking, sound familiar",  "I was going to send her Maga hat because now she has all my policies" and at the very end when he countered Kamala's promises with "She's been in office for 4 years why hasn't she done it?".

Alas, his pet eating gaffe was a pity, so unnecessary given the real crimes  immigrants have committed,  that was a pretty stupid mistake, and he talked too much about his own record. He should have talked about hers.

You could, at a stretch call it a draw. Which is already surprising, I never thought Harris would fumble like Biden, but I did think Trump would win easily.  Instead it was a draw, so Harris did well. But to say she won the debate is completely unbelievable.

The moderators craven unfair one-sided "fact checking" which only focused on Trump and let Harris off for her many lies, has clearly driven home to many Americans that the media is not objective, and quite clearly Harris was helped by the moderators in this debate to a great degree.

3 vs 1 yet still a draw. Trump won the start, Harris near the end. Just a draw is poor.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

He had a few weak moments. Much worse was how he tried to blame Kamala and Joe for the inflation, when Americans know it's not their fault. But then Kamala did the same with Covid, blaming Trump for Covid, which was equally ridiculous.

Basically both lied a lot. Trump won most of the arguments and finished strong. But he talked excessively about his record and came up with the stupid pet eating comment, if it hadn't been for that there would have been a strong case for him having won.

I can't find anything in the transcript re: blaming Trump for Covid......do you have it? This is all I could find.....

But what Donald Trump did let's talk about this with COVID, is he actually thanked President XI for what he did during COVID. Look at his tweet. "Thank you, President XI," exclamation point. When we know that XI was responsible for lacking and not giving us transparency about the origins of COVID.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maesariang said:

3 vs 1 yet still a draw. Trump won the start, Harris near the end. Just a draw is poor.

I thought Trump finished very strong when he said "She's been in office almost 4 years, why has she not done it?", after Kamala made all the promises.

But before that it went a bit awry with pets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I can't find anything in the transcript re: blaming Trump for Covid......do you have it? This is all I could find.....

But what Donald Trump did let's talk about this with COVID, is he actually thanked President XI for what he did during COVID. Look at his tweet. "Thank you, President XI," exclamation point. When we know that XI was responsible for lacking and not giving us transparency about the origins of COVID.

Sure, it's here:

"Donald Trump left us the worst public health epidemic in a century."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/harris-trump-presidential-debate-transcript/story?id=113560542

To blame Trump for the Covid pandemic, is frankly beyond moronic.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Cameroni said:

I thought Trump finished very strong when he said "She's been in office almost 4 years, why has she not done it?", after Kamala made all the promises.

But before that it went a bit awry with pets.

I thought Trump should have talked inflation more. Biden policies were 42% responsible according to MIT report. It was not all covid. Unemployment is 4.2%, was 3.5% in 2019. Trump should have repeated this more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maesariang said:

I thought Trump should have talked inflation more. Biden policies were 42% responsible according to MIT report. It was not all covid. Unemployment is 4.2%, was 3.5% in 2019. Trump should have repeated this more.

He should have focused more on the economy, but again these moderators directed the debate really. Made them talk about environmental concerns.

However, with inflation there were so many other causes, especially Covid, I just don't think most Americans blame Biden and Harris for inflation. I mean all other countries in Europe also had inflation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

Problem with that is he had 4 years in the WH as the actual president (and not VP) and when he was voted out he left a long list of broken promises so that question just makes him look like a hypocrite, and hypocrites never come across as strong. In fact, just the opposite.

• Like 2