Kamala Harris Highlights Her Gun Ownership in Debate with Trump

Social Media

image.png

During the debate with former President Trump, Vice President Kamala Harris highlighted a lesser-known aspect of her personal life: she is a gun owner. This revelation, which might catch some of her progressive supporters by surprise, underscores her strategic shift towards appealing to moderates and conservatives who are wary of Trump.

Harris’s admission is part of a broader effort to position herself and her running mate, Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, as centrist candidates who understand the complexities of gun ownership while advocating for common-sense gun reforms. Harris has previously acknowledged owning a firearm, but she seldom discusses it publicly and has consistently supported stricter gun control measures. 

Addressing the debate stage, Harris emphasized that she and Walz do not intend to confiscate firearms, directly countering claims often made by opponents. "This business about taking everybody's guns away, Tim Walz and I are both gun owners," Harris stated firmly. "So stop with the continuous lying."

Harris’s gun ownership was first brought to public attention during her 2019 bid for the Democratic presidential nomination, where she openly discussed her reasons for having a firearm. "I am a gun owner, and I own a gun for probably the reason a lot of people do — for personal safety. I was a career prosecutor," she explained at the time, highlighting her background in law enforcement and the need for personal protection.

Despite owning a gun herself, Harris has long been an advocate for tighter regulations. She supports red-flag laws, which allow courts to temporarily remove guns from individuals deemed a threat, and universal background checks for all gun purchases, measures she argues are critical for public safety. Her stance reflects a nuanced approach that seeks to balance individual gun rights with the need to address gun violence, a pressing issue in America.

The debate over gun laws took on renewed urgency following a tragic shooting at a school in Georgia that left four people dead. The incident has reignited discussions about gun control, adding weight to Harris’s comments and policy positions. By reminding the public of her personal connection to the issue, Harris is working to build trust among voters who may be skeptical of her party’s stance on gun rights, presenting herself as a leader who respects the Second Amendment while pushing for sensible reforms.

Harris’s strategy appears aimed at reassuring moderate voters that gun control does not equate to gun confiscation, a fear often stoked by conservative critics. By sharing her own experience as a gun owner, she hopes to dismantle misconceptions and foster a more balanced conversation on the role of firearms in American society.

Credit: Vice 2024-09-12

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

He was bloodied and struggling for oxygen 5 minutes into the debate. Stir fried dogs and cats? Huh? Utterly unhinged and she baited him very effectively. He cannot help himself. 

It’s remarkable how easy he is to manipulate that’s why the enemy wants him in the oval.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

It’s remarkable how easy he is to manipulate that’s why the enemy wants him in the oval.

Putin has his number and likely has alot of kompromat on him. That would be very easy to accomplish. 

Kim has his number, as he has this bizarre attraction to the man. 

MBS has his number as Trump worships dictators and men with unlimited power and wealth. Bizarre how the only politician he mentioned by name was Orban. A true despot. 

People just do not understand how incredibly dangerous Donald Trump is, he is one of the greatest threats that the world faces. He has major anger issues, and could be easily manipulated to engage in some reckless and irreparable actions. 

UwFrCBLB9HcjVbsVmgGQrE.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Here's the rest of that story, from JD Vance (of Ohio) to CNN:

VANCE: Well, first of all, city officials have not said it’s not true. They said they don’t have all the evidence.

We have heard from a number of constituents on the ground with first-hand and second-hand reports saying this stuff is happening. So they very clearly, the people on the ground dealing with this, believe that it is happening.

And I think it is important for journalists to actually get on the ground and uncover this stuff for themselves. When you have a lot of people saying, ‘My pets are being abducted, or geese at the city pond are being abducted and slaughtered’…This is crazy stuff.

And whether these exact rumors turn out to be mostly true, somewhat true…Kaitlin, this town has been ravaged by 20,000 migrants coming in: health care costs are up, housing costs are up, communicable diseases like HIV and TB have skyrocketed in this small Ohio town.

This is what Kamala Harris’s border policies have done. And I think it is interesting, Kaitlin, that the media did not care about the carnage brought by these policies until we turned it into a meme about cats, and that speaks to the media’s failure to care about what’s going on in these communities.

Vance is the original race baiter. Does he have anything to back up his facts that HIV and other diseases are up? He is a man of such desperation. 

If Trump and Vance went home, locked themselves up, and did not say anything, or appear again until the election, they would have a better chance of winning. Otherwise, they shoot themselves in the foot daily, as they are both horrendously poor candidates and campaigners. And Vance really needs to avoid donut shops, and Trump really needs do avoid all contact with the military. They despise him, for many good reasons.

As it stands now, I do not see them getting elected, thankfully. Anyone but Trump. 

Vance is such an unlikable person. He feels so fake and manufactured. if AI could create a VP for Trump, it might look like him, but it would be smarter, and more personable.

This is classic. Walz vs Vance. A real, kind hearted gentleman, vs. an empty suit, trying to behave likeable, real human being.

Have you seen the donut shop clip? 

https://youtube.com/shorts/xMECbdxn9uY?si=uzTXfjPWQuFIjIWx

FB_IMG_1724087173021.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Vance is the original race baiter. Does he have anything to back up his facts that HIV and other diseases are up? He is a man of such desperation. 

If Trump and Vance went home, locked themselves up, and did not say anything, or appear again until the election, they would have a better chance of winning. Otherwise, they shoot themselves in the foot daily, as they are both horrendously poor candidates and campaigners. And Vance really needs to avoid donut shops, and Trump really needs do avoid all contact with the military. They despise him, for many good reasons.

As it stands now, I do not see them getting elected, thankfully. Anyone but Trump. 

Vance is such an unlikable person. He feels so fake and manufactured. if AI could create a VP for Trump, it might look like him, but it would be smarter, and more personable.

This is classic. Walz vs Vance. A real, kind hearted gentleman, vs. an empty suit, trying to behave likeable, real human being.

Have you seen the donut shop clip? 

https://youtube.com/shorts/xMECbdxn9uY?si=uzTXfjPWQuFIjIWx

FB_IMG_1724087173021.jpg

Trump likes grabbing pussy, not eating pussy.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

That would be a good thing for the MSM to actually check out and report on, wouldn't you think? 

Unless they wouldn't like the answer...

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

i.e. people who disagree with her world view. 

Also supported confiscation of 'assault weapons ' during her 2020 presidential run. She disguised it as a 'mandatory buyback ', but that of course is nonsense.  The government can't 'buy back 'your guns because they didn't sell them to you in the first place.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, impulse said:

That would be a good thing for the MSM to actually check out and report on, wouldn't you think? 

Unless they wouldn't like the answer...

Yes I do think it's only fair that the media fact check them both and I've seen a lot of that. 

One thing I do find amusing in reflection, was how easy Harris was able to bait Trump, especially with the comment about the crowd sizes at his rallies. He literally grabbed that bait like a comic book character, or a circus clown, and ran with it as if he were obeying her command to go completely off script. That was fun to watch. 

I think that's part of what makes him so dangerous as a president, is that he's so easy to manipulate, his ego is so fragile, and he's so thin-skinned, it makes him very easy to control. If you simply appeal to his sense of vanity he loves you. If you insult him he hates you. 

I have encountered cardboard boxes that are infinitely more complicated than this man. 

5b4efc17110e5_KFj913H__700.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Also supported confiscation of 'assault weapons ' during her 2020 presidential run. She disguised it as a 'mandatory buyback ', but that of course is nonsense.  The government can't 'buy back 'your guns because they didn't sell them to you in the first place.  

Jee haggie could it possibly be that a civilian doesn’t have a (need) for an assault weapon?could it be that the majority of Americans support an assault weapon ban could it be we are tired of mom pop and our school kids getting slaughtered for no reason?heck don’t buy them back demand they are turned over or face arrest.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

Jee haggie could it possibly be that a civilian doesn’t have a (need) for an assault weapon?could it be that the majority of Americans support an assault weapon ban could it be we are tired of mom pop and our school kids getting slaughtered for no reason?heck don’t buy them back demand they are turned over or face arrest.

Well Tug, actual assault weapons are very difficult to get.  The civilian knock-offs just look cool (to certain people) but that is cosmetic. Much like buying a car that LOOKS like an F-1 racer but it has a 4 cylinder engine. They are no different than other widely available weapons.  Not to mention that long guns of ALL kinds are responsible for a very small number of total gun deaths in the US. 

I suspect that Harris secretly shares your wish to jail lawful gun owners though. She is just cloaking it in BS.

• Agree 1

Well I’ve had them in the past they are easily modified to operate on full auto or if you don’t have the skills just get a bump stock ether way it’s unessary for a civilian to have one a bolt action works just fine for hunting mine does and my Glock is much better suited for home defense.regardless the majority of us Americans want them banned.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I don’t know, he claims they are happy to let him grab them.

Because he is famous.

For millennium, men of great power and wealth have been able to take advantage of women who are attracted to great power and wealth. However, there's always a question of consentuality and that is likely where Trump stepped over the line on many occasions. It is just his nature to take advantage and use people, then throw them under the bus. That is just who and what he is. 

Yes he's powerful and yes he's wealthy, but he's also repulsive in appearance, he likely has tremendous body odor, and who would want to get naked with that man if they didn't absolutely have to? 

1197.png

Edited by spidermike007

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

i.e. people who disagree with her world view. 

Yes, JonnyF, why would one want to vet people who are buying semi-automatic firearms and handguns? What could go wrong?

I presume you think that the guy who gave his troubled 14yo a hunting rifle for his birthday after the cops had already talked to him about threats to shooting up a school did the right thing? In favour of the Crumbley's arming their young psychopath so he could murder his classmates? No checking, everyone gets a gun if they want one?