Replacement of new 5 year driving Licences.

phetphet

I had to renew my UK passport recently, only a few months after renewing my 5 year Thai driving licences.

As I will soon be going on a trip to Europe, I want to apply for an International Driving Permit (IDP).

Only thing is, the DL's now have my old passport number, which I can see being a problem in bureaucratic Thailand.

So I need to go to the DLT and get my licences updated. Has anyone done this? If so what was needed? All  the same forms and documents as a renewal?

Or just take the DL's and they will update them?  Surely it can't be that easy. 🙂

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

I had to renew my UK passport recently, only a few months after renewing my 5 year Thai driving licences.

As I will soon be going on a trip to Europe, I want to apply for an International Driving Permit (IDP).

Only thing is, the DL's now have my old passport number, which I can see being a problem in bureaucratic Thailand.

So I need to go to the DLT and get my licences updated. Has anyone done this? If so what was needed? All  the same forms and documents as a renewal?

Or just take the DL's and they will update them?  Surely it can't be that easy. 🙂

Presumably, it can't be much of an issue. An obvious common occurrence in Thailand. Just go to DLT and bring your new DL, together with your old passport and the new passport, and go to the information counter and I'm sure they'll tell you what to do.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1