Thailand Mourns as Heroic K9 Singto Passes at Age 11

snoop1130

2a_Yq_S0l4_E_Ohseu_Ui_Tho_Uhk_Rn_Hr_S6g_Ovh_0d4dc30ef5.jpg

Thailand's K9 Urban Search and Rescue team is in mourning following the death of Singto, a Golden Retriever who served with unwavering dedication for 11 years. Singto, who had been battling cancer, passed away on September 15.

Despite his illness, Singto continued to show his indomitable spirit. Just three days before his death, he participated in promotional photo shoots and fundraising events, reflecting his commitment to the organisation. Alongkot Chukaew, his handler and the deputy director of K9 USAR Thailand, expressed deep sorrow at the passing of the dog he considered family. "I don’t have children and I raised K9 Singto as if he were my own," he shared.

Singto's service was marked by acts of bravery and kindness. He often partnered with Alongkot during challenging missions, including diving in reservoirs to locate missing persons. Singto was also cherished by a group of visually impaired individuals who learned music alongside him, illustrating his gentle nature.

A stalwart in both K9 USAR Thailand and the Environmental and Social Foundation, Singto's contributions were significant and far-reaching. His dedication and strength will be remembered and missed by many.

Photo: Thai PBS World

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-16

news-footer-4.png

image.png

• Sad 5