Retirement Visa

I am a 55 YO Australian with a pension income of 120,000 Thai Baht/Month. I intend going to Thailand with a view to retiring there, on a 3 month single entry tourist visa. My question is: Having had my Embassy validate my pension income and provide a letter confirming same, is it just a matter of presenting to Immigration with my passport and the letter? Or are there other requirements?

All advice gratefully accepted. :o

You must have a non immigrant visa. That can be done with an extra 2,000 baht step if you qualify for retirement extension. You will need copies of passport pages and entry card. You should have a bank account and letter from bank of amount in the account just to prove you have local funds (this may not be asked for but is taken if presented so best to have).

You will also need a medical certificate

Not any more, under the new rules effective since October last year. Unless, of course the Immigration officer handling your application doesn’t know the new rules yet. There was a recent post saying that one officer requested it, and dozens of others confirming that they did not have to provide it.

--

Maestro