Fruit Vendor Killed as Speeding Truck Has Blowout & Crashes, Injuring Three Others Injured

Georgealbert

IMG_5699.jpeg

Picture from responders.

A fruit vendor was killed and three others, including a two-year-old child, were injured in Patum Thani, when a speeding pickup truck suffered a tyre blowout and lost control, leading to a fatal collision.

At approximately 10:00 on September 18, Pol. Lt. Col. Watcharapong Thianpratham, investigator at Sam Khok Police Station, was notified of a collision involving two pickup trucks on Ban Khlong Sa Road, Moo 2, Khlong Khwai Subdistrict, Sam Khok District, Patum Thani Province. Emergency services, along with a volunteer medical team from the Poh Teck Tung Foundation, rushed to the scene.

The crash site, located near a rice field, revealed a bronze Toyota pickup truck used as a mobile fruit vendor, registered in Ayutthaya. Inside the vehicle, authorities discovered the body of Ms. Suntaree (surname withheld), aged 52. The other vehicle, a bronze Isuzu pickup truck with a canvas cover, registered in Khon Kaen, was found with three injured occupants: Mr. Phairoj (surname withheld), aged 21, Ms. Kanyarat (surname withheld), aged 20, and a two-year-old girl, Chattranapa. All were transported to Krung Siam St. Carlos Hospital for treatment.

Pol. Lt. Col. Watcharapong explained that the fruit vendor had been driving alone on the Wat Pa Puritat Road, heading towards Lat Lum Kaeo, when the oncoming Isuzu truck, traveling in the opposite lane, experienced a blowout in its left rear tyre. The Isuzu driver lost control, swerving into the opposite lane and colliding with the fruit vendor’s truck, causing it to plunge into a nearby rice field, resulting in the fatality and injuries.

The police have documented the scene as evidence and plan to summon the driver of the Isuzu truck and any witnesses for further questioning as part of the investigation into the cause of the collision.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-19

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

image.png

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, smedly said:

has blowout ?

even the press make stories up to avert blame

if indeed you had a blowout which I very much doubt - it is still your ##Ing fault not the tyre, you are responsible for making sure your vehicle is roadworthy

Also a rear tire causing you to lose control.  Have been in the same situation(sort of) - the bolts sheared off, rear righthand tire passed me on the road.  A competent driver should still be able to control the car if a rear wheel/tire is lost.  I wonder what speed he was going?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

has blowout ?

even the press make stories up to avert blame

if indeed you had a blowout which I very much doubt - it is still your ##Ing fault not the tyre, you are responsible for making sure your vehicle is roadworthy

"...it is still your ##Ing fault not the tyre..."

Is it also the drivers "fcking fault" if debris on the road causes a blowout?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Pity that you didn't "just say" that there was no report of anyone speeding.

7 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

when a speeding pickup truck suffered a tyre blowout and lost control, leading to a fatal collision.

What are you blabbering on about loopy loo, the troll.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JeffersLos said:

In the headline.

"Fruit Vendor Killed as Speeding Truck"

And the first sentence of the report.

"when a speeding pickup truck"

2 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

In the headline.

"Fruit Vendor Killed as Speeding Truck"

And the first sentence of the report.

"when a speeding pickup truck"

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

What are you blabbering on about loopy loo, the troll.

Yes, amazing that I missed that, may be due to the new specs, my deepest apologies to all for my one-in-a-million oversight.

• Sad 3

Always (nearly) the speed.

The speed is the main vector to accidents.

The one who is going to fast, is the one to blame, regardless of the circumstances.

Rain, blowout, dog crossing the street, you name it...

The problem is the speed....

• Love It 1

14 minutes ago, brianthainess said:
20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's just your manky opinion.

So now trolling with insults.

No, just an observation.  I've already posted my apologies but you seem to want to drag out my initial misreading ad infinitum!

49 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where was it reported that they were speeding?

Are you high, or blind?

8 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

A fruit vendor was killed and three others, including a two-year-old child, were injured in Patum Thani, when a speeding pickup truck suffered a tyre blowout and lost control, leading to a fatal collision.

And, it was also in the headline. Actually not at all easy to miss, but you did! Congrats!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

No, just an observation.  I've already posted my apologies but you seem to want to drag out my initial misreading ad infinitum!

Impossible to misread that! You just didn´t care, and put your quick fingers on the keyboard.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

What condition was the offending Tyre in ?     I see as many bald Tyres as Heads in Thailand and that's not to mention the amount of Underinflated ones i see !

Over here, tyres are mostly OVERinflated, leading to more possibility of a blow-out.

10 hours ago, MarkBR said:

Also a rear tire causing you to lose control.  Have been in the same situation(sort of) - the bolts sheared off, rear righthand tire passed me on the road.  A competent driver should still be able to control the car if a rear wheel/tire is lost.  I wonder what speed he was going?

If a driver loses control from a rear tyre they shouldn't be behind the wheel. 

18 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Exactly! There is never a possibility to blame a person. Only to make up excuses, where a dead thing is to blame. Adding to this, if the driver had not been speeding. Just maybe, he could have remained in control and had time to swirl as well as hit the brakes.

Key word..  speeding ....

mentions from other posts   ....  competent driver 

and even if there was a ton of debris on the road.   if you are paying attention ( and not speeding/playing with your phone intoxicated.   you have a chance of avoiding it

blaming a tire blowout is a cop out !