Interactive Wire Transfer In Baht to Bangkok Bank - BBK Transfer fees?

9 hours ago, Dan O said:

If you see an intermediary bank then the recipient bank is not part of the Swift network and the transaction is processed thru intermediary banks using the swift communication network for correspondence using a bank that is part of the swift network but is actually just an international wire transfer and that is why you see additonal charges. 

21 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Thats what I said, nothing more or less. 

Then you didn't make your point clearly.  In the first quote above you claim that any transfer using an intermediary bank was not true SWIFT.  That explanation is incorrect.

1 hour ago, gamb00ler said:

Then you didn't make your point clearly.  In the first quote above you claim that any transfer using an intermediary bank was not true SWIFT.  That explanation is incorrect.

You using Word salad now. Think whatever you want to. 

I send 2000chf every month to bkk bank from my bank I pay 5chf costs always chose to send in my currency and I can see when I go on to bkk banks foreign currency it's the tt rate I get it works out slightly lower than wise but it's not bad

On 9/19/2024 at 5:04 PM, topt said:

When I changed to sending with all charges paid for the advice note still shows the word Commission but the amount as zero. From memory when you SWIFT money you should have 3 options with your sending bank - Pay all, share all and receiver pays.

I assume you are wiring money to yourself.  If that is correct, the three choices are essentially identical because you are both sender and receiver.  The only difference would be which of your accounts ends up with the lower balance.

On 9/19/2024 at 2:12 PM, atpeace said:

Looks like using Interactive Brokers is not an options now. They now require you to use a corresponding bank which is Bangkok Bank New York.  I'm sure the $10 will be tacked on.  Oh well, back to using Wise.

huh?

Chase acting as corresponding bank has no fees, both at Interactive Brokers and at Schwab. Screen shot below was from just a few moments ago.

Screenshot 2024-09-21 064922.png

Edited by Thailand J

8 hours ago, Thailand J said:

huh?

Chase acting as corresponding bank has no fees, both at Interactive Brokers and at Schwab. Screen shot below was from just a few moments ago.

Screenshot 2024-09-21 064922.png

I have to try again. I wonder if  in frustration I assumed the corresponding bank was Bangkok Bank's New York office.  Thanks!  Are you getting a good exchange rate wiring from Interactive Brokers to BKK?

I've sent money in USD from Russia, USA and Wise (UK) many times
I've asked staff at Bangkok, Kasi and KTB about incoming swift fees.
Only the KTB (Krungthai) charges 50b, flat.
Kasi and Bangkok do not. Bangkok gives TT rate based on the first round (8.30AM)
Kasi gives the current (within 20-30min) round's rate and it is usually better unless THB goes down then Bangkok will give better rate due to the lag.
I specifically kept records to understand who charges what.

I know exactly how many USD were sent, so I can calculate what the rate of exchange was.

Edited by Tim K
  • Thumbs Up 1