Tourist sim unlimited

Hummin

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

I am not sure what they claimed, since he told me I would have maximum wherever I went, and therefor I tested innthe shop before we left. As you see, more than 50mbs during the test in my previous post. 

He would have known about the free faster 2GB of data from the ZEED SIM and that it was a 10 Mbps package. Will you insist on a refund? I think you have a case for it.

6 minutes ago, patman30 said:

you can get unlimited 1 year sim with 30Mbps
which is more than enough to stream 4K
most people have little reason to require duper fast speeds these days unless gaming or transferring large files etc
but phones simply have an overkill connection already these days when working as should.

I haven't seen those 30 Mbps 1 year SIM. When last did you find one?

1 minute ago, AlwaysThere said:

He would have known about the free faster 2GB of data from the ZEED SIM and that it was a 10 Mbps package. Will you insist on a refund? I think you have a case for it.

We experienced the same with true, and dtac for one time one year unlimited which turned out to have a monthly limit. 

They only focus on sale, and say whatever they need to say to get a sale. 

17 minutes ago, AlwaysThere said:

I haven't seen those 30 Mbps 1 year SIM. When last did you find one?

not seen for a while but many were being sold
just edited post after having a quick look
as stated 
15Mbps SIM is good for 4K streaming

image.png.bbe2ac7cf6478ea879c599c38d985248.png

Edited by patman30

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

We experienced the same with true, and dtac for one time one year unlimited which turned out to have a monthly limit. 

They only focus on sale, and say whatever they need to say to get a sale. 

Another option if you have good reception up-country: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/6-nt-wireless-net-thunder-599-i5169617634-s21904984233.html

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, AlwaysThere said:

We just been back, and where told 10mb/s so will see when back up country how it works out. All the messages received about top up account is regarding sms and phone.

"Your balance is insufficient to use the service. Please top up and try again."

It have been 100sms with all kinds of information and offers and reminding me to top up my account.

Will additionally buy the D-tac tourist Zim just to try and compare when back home. We do have a mobile broadband router in the gym, so it will be a good back up Zim for all of us. 

Just now, Hummin said:

We just been back, and where told 10mb/s so will see when back up country how it works out. All the messages received about top up account is regarding sms and phone.

"Your balance is insufficient to use the service. Please top up and try again."

It have been 100sms with all kinds of information and offers and reminding me to top up my account.

Will additionally buy the D-tac tourist Zim just to try and compare when back home. We do have a mobile broadband router in the gym, so it will be a good back up Zim for all of us. 

Don't waste your money on the Tourist SIM. Why pay 1200 baht for one month of 8 to 20Mbps? Don't just throw money at things and hope for the best.

NT SIM 599 for six months might be better in your router. You should check what's best.

9 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Ehh unlimited data for 150 baht per month? Right, at 56-128kbps speed lol.

I thought that too. I'm on WiFi at home and almost everywhere else. I just wanted cellular data for the odd occasion when I'm not. I have True pre-paid on my main mobile and AIS pre-paid on my backup phone. I've subscribed to the 1Mbps unlimited data add-on packages at 1,800 baht per annum for both. Admittedly, the speeds vary, considerably. Just done a test now and I'm getting 101Mbps downstream and 5.15Mbps upstream. Most times it is around 50Mbps down and 25Mbps up. Approximately the same for both providers.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

I thought that too. I'm on WiFi at home and almost everywhere else. I just wanted cellular data for the odd occasion when I'm not. I have True pre-paid on my main mobile and AIS pre-paid on my backup phone. I've subscribed to the 1Mbps unlimited data add-on packages at 1,800 baht per annum for both. Admittedly, the speeds vary, considerably. Just done a test now and I'm getting 101Mbps downstream and 5.15Mbps upstream. Most times it is around 50Mbps down and 25Mbps up. Approximately the same for both providers.

Those tests are cached. You don't see the real result. Try downloading an actual file or using a test that isn't subject to tampering.

1 hour ago, AlwaysThere said:

Those tests are cached. You don't see the real result. Try downloading an actual file or using a test that isn't subject to tampering.

Thanks for that! Tried Testmy.net and I'm getting 1.2 Mbps down and 1Mbps up. Same for both True and AIS. Proves I don't really need it because I've never noticed. Certainly not for two phones. I have streamed audio via bluetooth to car media player and that was satisfactory.

6 hours ago, AlwaysThere said:

Don't waste your money on the Tourist SIM. Why pay 1200 baht for one month of 8 to 20Mbps? Don't just throw money at things and hope for the best.

NT SIM 599 for six months might be better in your router. You should check what's best.

Im getting a bit tired of trying to cut through the jungle of providers, and find something that actually works well. 

I had one year data subscription with d-tac a few years ago for 1200baht, and it worked great until we where going to renew the subscription, and we did not get unlimited anymore for some reason. We changed the sim and they promised it was going to work, but guess what it did not. In the meantime I left for work, and started all over with true, and long story cut short, it didnt work out well either. 

I will report back when home if AIS working as promised with 10mb unlimited. 

Latest test at hotel looks promising, and they must have adjusted something in my subscription after we where back and complained. 

Screenshot_20240920_203529_Speedtest.thumb.jpg.e1b9c704c9d606b00d5d7507a37998f9.jpg

Edited by Hummin

That's extremely expensive.

I got 50Go for 30 days @ 20Mbps for 300thb.

Can't remember how much the SIM itself was.

Company is called True.

I have no use for unlimited calls.

Most of the time I'm on the hotel Wifi anyways.

50Go is more than I can use really.

1000+ THB seems super expensive !

24 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Im getting a bit tired of trying to cut through the jungle of providers, and find something that actually works well. 

I had one year data subscription with d-tac a few years ago for 1200baht, and it worked great until we where going to renew the subscription, and we did not get unlimited anymore for some reason. We changed the sim and they promised it was going to work, but guess what it did not. In the meantime I left for work, and started all over with true, and long story cut short, it didnt work out well either. 

I will report back when home if AIS working as promised with 10mb unlimited. 

Use TestMy.net Internet Speed Test as above

10Mbps for 481.50 is relatively expensive. Just order the other SIMs and test them. With the amount you are prepared to spend on a Tourist SIM, you can try out every option and then stick with the best. Otherwise you are putting yourself in the position of simply not knowing and paying a lot for the privilege. 1700 baht for one month of Internet usage. NT SIM is 199 baht for one month or 599 baht for six. Perfect for your modem if it supports Band 40 and you have coverage. Take your time, don't rush.