Market Assault by Creditor Raises Alarm in Udon Thani

snoop1130

WhatsApp-Image-2023-09-19-at-10.png

In Udon Thani, a woman has reported her creditor for assaulting her in the middle of a bustling market, despite her claims of repaying a loan in full. The victim, 46-year-old Phanomphon from the Mueang district, has detailed a harrowing sequence of events culminating in a violent confrontation with her creditor's daughter.

Phanomphon's ordeal began last year when she borrowed 40,000 baht from Nim, a tea seller at the local market, to cover her brother’s medical expenses. She repaid the loan, including interest, totalling 48,000 baht within five months. However, Nim asserted that an additional 40,000 baht in interest was still owed. When Phanomphon resisted converting this disputed interest into a new loan, Nim resorted to intimidation tactics.

On September 16, Nim’s daughter assaulted Phanomphon in a public market, grabbing her hair and striking her forehead with a ring-covered hand, leaving a bleeding wound. Phanomphon was then coerced into signing a new loan agreement for the contested amount.

Phanomphon declared, "Nim’s daughter threatened me, warning, ‘You wait for the court summons.’ When I affirmed I had cleared my debts, she attacked me. I fear for my safety and my children's because we live in the same market and face persistent threats."

She has filed a complaint with Deputy Provincial Police Commander Chakat Tiamwong, who has assured her justice will be served. If the creditor is found guilty, legal actions will proceed accordingly.

Phanomphon expressed her gratitude, "I am thankful to the Udon Thani police for their support in helping the community," she concluded, hopeful for a resolution and safe community.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-19

news-footer-4.png

image.png

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

"Nim’s daughter threatened me, warning, ‘You wait for the court summons.’ When I affirmed I had cleared my debts, she attacked me.

Yeh do that wait for the summons, she is an illigal loan shark.