Chechen Leader Accuses Elon Musk of Disabling Cybertruck

Social Media

1 hour ago, thesetat2013 said:

So, if true. It means those nice electric vehicles can be remotely turned off. It makes me wonder even more if China's EV's have this capability as well. 

It also makes me wonder what more can be done to an EV if the producers can access it remotely. Given the batteries potential for a serious uncontrollable fire. I wonder if a producer of the EV's being sold in the markets can be utilized this way and used as a weapon causing an explosion. It has already been proven effective activating pagers and walkie-talkies remotely to explode so why can this not also be used in EV's? What a great way to effectively invade a country with little to no cost on the invader. Sell them cheap EV's with this capability and then when ready to invade blow them all up at the same time. ohh wait! China is already trying to dump millions of EV into the world markets at super cheap prices. Haha... 

It's the Tesla software. I don't think it's related to EV or not but the software setup. Any car where the software can be remotely updated i think could potentially have the same issue.

Edited by stevenl

OMG, nowadays even a home fridge and aircon are connected to Internet. Let's sell them cheap fridges and aircons, it's so easy to implant a decent amount of explosives in them.

The new technology is not always what we want.

Edited by Hakuna Matata

3 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

So, if true. It means those nice electric vehicles can be remotely turned off. It makes me wonder even more if China's EV's have this capability as well. 

It also makes me wonder what more can be done to an EV if the producers can access it remotely. Given the batteries potential for a serious uncontrollable fire. I wonder if a producer of the EV's being sold in the markets can be utilized this way and used as a weapon causing an explosion. It has already been proven effective activating pagers and walkie-talkies remotely to explode so why can this not also be used in EV's? What a great way to effectively invade a country with little to no cost on the invader. Sell them cheap EV's with this capability and then when ready to invade blow them all up at the same time. ohh wait! China is already trying to dump millions of EV into the world markets at super cheap prices. Haha... 

You really haven’t thought this through have you? Unlike petrol (which is combustible) in a fuel tank, EV batteries don’t “explode”. 

In any case, I doubt that China has any desire to invade another country. Why own a cow when you can just buy milk?

7 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

You really haven’t thought this through have you? Unlike petrol (which is combustible) in a fuel tank, EV batteries don’t “explode”. 

In any case, I doubt that China has any desire to invade another country. Why own a cow when you can just buy milk?

but it does not take much to make an EV battery burn. a small explosion like in a pager to crack the casing will be enough to make it burn uncontrollably..I have thought it through. I just did not spell out details like you seem to want to use as a reason it could not be done

3 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Do you buy your tinfoil in bulk?  

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Probably listening to everything and tracking