Anyone use a UK postal address service?

scubascuba3

2 minutes ago, dayo202 said:

I used UK post box for the past 5 years.

£12 month for a UK address, plus £1.20p per scan.

Wow that is expensive IMO, I knew they were though nearly 150 quid a year. I was going to use one in OZ many years ago but the price was silly, luckily I had a mate there and it went to his PO box.

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Wow that is expensive IMO, I knew they were though nearly 150 quid a year. I was going to use one in OZ many years ago but the price was silly, luckily I had a mate there and it went to his PO box.

Yip I agree expensive.

I only get few letters every year.

I need a UK address to keep my banks happy.

If they new I was living here it's a good chance they would close my accounts

10 hours ago, dayo202 said:

I need a UK address to keep my banks happy.

If they new I was living here it's a good chance they would close my accounts

Why not move to an offshore account, then? Banks in Jersey and the Isle of Man are connected to the UK banking systems (e.g. BACS, CHAPS) and the accounts work pretty much the same way as UK accounts.  With my account, there is no annual fee if I keep a minimum average balance of £5,000.  I do, however, have to pay a fee for a debit card.  This covers delivery of the card by DHL.

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Does the address look like a legit address? you'd think they'd know if it looked like one of the mail forwarding addresses 

Looks like a normal street address 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Foxx said:

Why not move to an offshore account, then? Banks in Jersey and the Isle of Man are connected to the UK banking systems (e.g. BACS, CHAPS) and the accounts work pretty much the same way as UK accounts.  With my account, there is no annual fee if I keep a minimum average balance of £5,000.  I do, however, have to pay a fee for a debit card.  This covers delivery of the card by DHL.

Hi,

Can you tell us what bank, and what type of account in jersey or the isle of man only requires a 5000.00 minimum balance per year. ?

Thanks. rocketboy2.

Edited by rocketboy2

7 minutes ago, rocketboy2 said:

what bank, and what type of account in jersey or the isle of man

Lloyds bank IoM required a minimum income of 50 or 100k a year I think when setting up the account but after that there is no minimum balance requirement (and no requirement for annual income either)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, nglodnig said:

Lloyds bank IoM required a minimum income of 50 or 100k a year I think when setting up the account but after that there is no minimum balance requirement (and no requirement for annual income either)

Thanks I kind of know that.

That's why I asked about the bank that was only 5K per year.

Maybe it was a typo, or a gift horse ? 

sign me up.

Edited by rocketboy2

23 minutes ago, nglodnig said:

Yup, I easily made the required income when I started my Lloyds Offshore account, now not earning quite so much but no comment from the bank 🙂 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Standard Bank.  They're a South African bank and have branches in both Jersey and Isle of Man.  (I use Isle of Man.)

The account is called "Optimum".

https://international.standardbank.com/international/personal/products-and-services/bank/international-bank-accounts/optimum-bank-account

Thank you for that.

Very nice. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dayo202 said:

Looks like a normal street address 

The litmus test is to run it past Google Street Maps view and weigh up it's viability as a residence (I'm sure the bank would if any suspicion was flagged)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Standard Bank.  They're a South African bank and have branches in both Jersey and Isle of Man.  (I use Isle of Man.)

The account is called "Optimum".

https://international.standardbank.com/international/personal/products-and-services/bank/international-bank-accounts/optimum-bank-account

Did you open the account whilst living in Thailand.  Wondering what you used for proof of address?

16 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Did you open the account whilst living in Thailand.  Wondering what you used for proof of address?

Yes.  Can't remember exactly what I used.  Maybe a Thai credit card statement, or a UK bank statement, or my Thai driving licence.  Any of these is possible.  The one thing I recall I could not do is get my bank to provide me with a statement for my savings account with an address.

• Thanks 1