Does changing planes in Bangkok mean clearing immigration in Bangkok?

16 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Because it's interesting to me and I think to many others.

You still didn't answer the question. What if I have a connecting international flight in Bangkok (same airport) - do I need to clear immigration?

No, you do not. You'll follow the signs to one of the transit screening areas, go through security, and proceed upstairs to the departures level where you can go to the gate for your next flight.

On 9/24/2024 at 9:52 AM, bluemoon58 said:

I can confirm 100% that when I used to fly in to BKK every 8 weeks on Emirates, those that were carrying on to Hong Kong stayed on the plane. Sometimes I was on a flight that was carrying on to Australia and I'm fairly sure that they stayed on too but I'm not 100% on that. 

They don't - I've been on both these flights too.  Seemingly the rules are set by the final destination country in these cases.  The Australia bound passengers had to get off but remained in the transit area (including lounge).

On 9/24/2024 at 1:59 AM, marin said:

Seems like you dont know much. Each time I have flown home to the west coast of America for the last 40 years I have made stops in Tokyo, Taipei, Hong Kong and Seoul. I have yet to clear customs and my luggage is checked through. There is always a dedicated transfer area and you are kept well clear of customs. You do have to go through security again in some of them. 

Taipei is like that, but it's very low security and minimal hassle.  I don't even bother taking my laptop out of my bag for the xray and have never had a problem.

Edited by shdmn