Thailand or UK for schooling

Euroboy123

I'm British, in my early 30s and have been in Thailand for 5 years. I now have a Thai partner and two half thai children. At the moment life is comfortable in bangkok, I have a job in IT and make enough.

The problem is I don't make enough to send my kids to the international schools when they reach that age ehoch i think would ensure a very good education. So I'm wondering what the options are beyond the thai public school system which I hear are not so good. But I wonder if there are other options in Thai and like middle ground between public and international?

Another option is to move back to the UK which I'm not so keen on due to weather, lifestyle, cost of living etc. But the public schools are better.

Also another concern I have is although I am white I know racism against South east asian especially thai can be overtly racist in general possibly worse in the schools. My children are obviously visibly eurasian but currently mingle with alot of other mixed race Thai children so don't feel so isolated, maybe not the case in UK.

yes, there are options, most of my thai friends' children go to decent quality fee paying schools (nowhere near as expensive as int schools). google is your friend. if you don;t speak/read thai get your partner to do the research, indeed, they would be a useful starting point for info.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Are they really? Europe is collapsing at rapid speed. I know French schools are definitely not better than Thai ones.

If you read the comments from quite a few people from Western countries here, their Western schooling didn't get them very far.

• Haha 1