Log-in problems with yahoo mail accounts.

watthong

I have 2 mail accounts with yahoo.com, say [email protected] and [email protected].
Both of them are tied to my on-line bank account for verification. When I log on to the bank site, it would send a verification code to either one, my choice. And I would get the code from said account and enter it on the bank website and voila, I could access my account. 

A couple of days ago, yahoo started to get finicky about me logging on to the mail yahoo accounts. I would have to go through the processing of click on all the images that have bicycles and stuff. And ultimately, it asked me to get a verification code from the other account. I forgot to mention that these 2 are linked together, one acts as the verifier of the other so my bad, I know. 

since it would not let me log on to either without getting the code from the other, I'm stuck.

There's another choice re acct1 to open the youtube app on my ipad and click on yes or something. The reason being the ipad is logged on  to acct1 via the yahoo mail app and there are still notifications coming up from the app re mail coming in to that account. However the yahoo mail app has stopped working for sometime, as the ipad is old and could no longer update to the later version. Ditto for the youtube app. (I have to resort to get on to youtube through the safari browser.) Eventually yahoo put a restriction on other things that is linked to thsee accounts, for example paypal and what not.

I'm seeking advice 1) on how to get around this on my own and 2) what is the best way to contact yahoo to fix this. It seems that they want you to subscribe to a money=maker entity (helper plus or something like that) before they take your inquiry. Thank you much in advance.

23 hours ago, watthong said:

I have 2 mail accounts with yahoo.com, say [email protected] and [email protected].
Both of them are tied to my on-line bank account for verification. When I log on to the bank site, it would send a verification code to either one, my choice. And I would get the code from said account and enter it on the bank website and voila, I could access my account. 

A couple of days ago, yahoo started to get finicky about me logging on to the mail yahoo accounts. I would have to go through the processing of click on all the images that have bicycles and stuff. And ultimately, it asked me to get a verification code from the other account. I forgot to mention that these 2 are linked together, one acts as the verifier of the other so my bad, I know. 

since it would not let me log on to either without getting the code from the other, I'm stuck.

There's another choice re acct1 to open the youtube app on my ipad and click on yes or something. The reason being the ipad is logged on  to acct1 via the yahoo mail app and there are still notifications coming up from the app re mail coming in to that account. However the yahoo mail app has stopped working for sometime, as the ipad is old and could no longer update to the later version. Ditto for the youtube app. (I have to resort to get on to youtube through the safari browser.) Eventually yahoo put a restriction on other things that is linked to thsee accounts, for example paypal and what not.

I'm seeking advice 1) on how to get around this on my own and 2) what is the best way to contact yahoo to fix this. It seems that they want you to subscribe to a money=maker entity (helper plus or something like that) before they take your inquiry. Thank you much in advance.

bump

Tried logging into my Yahoo account after reading this yesterday...first time a message saying cannot login at the moment try again in 15 minutes which I did then had to verify through bicycles in pictures....success but then when logging into mail account I had to verify with code sent to my alternative Hotmail account....success :thumbsup:

45 minutes ago, petermik said:

Tried logging into my Yahoo account after reading this yesterday...first time a message saying cannot login at the moment try again in 15 minutes which I did then had to verify through bicycles in pictures....success but then when logging into mail account I had to verify with code sent to my alternative Hotmail account....success :thumbsup:

You were smart in using a different alternative account that is not yahoo mail (Hotmail). In my case the aternative was ANOTHER yahoo mail which also is using the original account as alternative. So they are interlocking in the sense that in order to log into one you have to get code from the other. Thus catch-22!

• Sad 1

If you use Yahoo and Google get Swiss Protonmail (for free) and have all mail from both to be transferred to Proton automatically. You activate it on Proton.

That way you never loose any.

It's been working 100% for me for 12 mo. Soon I'll quit my last Gmail but keep Yahoo ones.

Yahoo seems to work fastest if I first delete past "History" (1 or 2 days) prior to logging in.