Samsung A Series Problems

We purchased two A73 5G mobiles 27 months ago.  Two weeks ago, the day after a major update, my wife's developed a bright vertical green line.  Four days later, mine did the same (except the line is pink).

We immediately contacted the shop (authorized dealer) where we bought them.  They contacted Samsung and were apparently told Samsung would NOT support those phones anymore and would NOT provide a remedy for the problem.  

Now, I recall reading something in the Post about a class action suit against Samsung about this issue.

Does anyone have the same issue?  Anyone know about the class action suit (and perhaps how to join it)?

Sadly in todays modern world you seem to have gotten 2 years plus out of a cheap phone. I cant see how you would qualify for a class action suit when the warranty for the phone was most likely one year. Bummer though..

• Agree 1

"Cheap phone"?  Oh my.

The class action is already proceeding.  It is in regard to all Samsung OLED-screened (Super AMOLED in Samsung-speak) mobiles from the Fold 6 on down to the A14, but not the LCD/LED-screen mobiles.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

"Cheap phone"?  Oh my.

6,000 to 8,000B is a cheap phone. I use one just a bit more expensive Note 13. Much better dependability than the Samsung.  "Do you think it is high end"?