Pattaya Cracks Down on Illegal Immigrants to Protect World-Class Tourist Image

webfact

17 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

If you compare with Cornwall...it is very cheap indeed.

Or London, or LA or las Vegas, or Tokyo etc etc. The only true statement may be it is not as cheap as it used to be.. and if the baht keeps climbing, it will be less so. 

Edited by jacko45k

25 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Why do the Pattaya Authorities icontinue to insist on protecting its bad image? 

What do boring old fogies on here keep coming out with the same old cliches?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

There's an exit on 2nd Rd but its imposing entrance is definitely on Tai.

I recall a small gate onto soi 15 that I have used a couple of times.. although it has also blocked me by being closed and locked too!

It has to be the biggest brothel in the world.

Having just spent several weeks there is out of control dangerous.

You don't see a police presence unless its tea money time.

Businesses pay protection money.

Underage is a massive problem.

Girls and the like physically trying to pull you into places.

Overpriced services.

Still has flooding and sanitation issues.

Traffic and enforcement are a joke.

Sure there's some reasonable entertainment venues, many with variable prices.

Local/Tourist.

Begging is only a pimple compared to the rest of the problems.

53 minutes ago, Wuvu2 said:

Pattaya Cracks Down on Illegal Immigrants...

Must be to protect the dogs and cats of the people who live here 🙄

I remember the first time I saw barbequed dog haunches being sold at a market in Cambodia. Didnt look very appetising, but if you are hungry I guess. A haunch was .75 cents.

Now as to Pattaya, in terms of World Class Tourist Image, I can honestly say, based on my qualifications as possibly one of the most disgusting human beings ever, that that place is a sh*thole and has been a sh*thole for the 40ish years I have been coming to these shores and it will continue to be a sh*thole long after I am gone. 

Pattaya exists for one purpose. The air there is tainted with sperm. I havent been in 15 years because I dont want a rash. If I want  the Pattaya experience, I will go to Phnom Penh and wallow there, its a bit cleaner.

Edited by Yagoda

3 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Being a bit of a drama Queen don't you think. I would only say dangerous with respect to crossing the road, otherwise pretty safe.....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Overpriced services.

Local/Tourist.

Problems that the  millions of people  who visit there regularly are not overly concerned about 

47 minutes ago, sungod said:

They get sucked into the narrative,  There is no mention of "protecting any image", world class or otherwise in the article, It appears only in the click bait headline,  It tends to give the impression that it is a quote from some pompous local official but the absence of such a quote gives me a strong suspicion that it exists purely in the imagination of the Author, and that the overused phrase, which appears weekly,  has again  only been included to spark a deluge of sanctimonious indignation from the usual suspects . Many of whom have never even been there, targeted not only at Pattaya but normally  also at anybody who seeks to defend it

Although credit where its due   it has worked like a dream    again  

• Like 2

World class tourist image? of broken footpaths with obstacles pot holed roads, buildings in prime locations that haven't seen a lick of paint since they where built, this is "world class"?  You got to be kidding, but hey keep talking it up so then it becomes the truth, reality is they have extremely low standards...lets throw in pre 1935 traffic management....

55 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Overpriced services.

Local/Tourist.

How does it differ exactly from any other large Thai town?

(apart from excellent schools, healthcare, shopping, restaurants, sporting activities that is)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sungod said:

In any event, you obviously don't notice that most things that come out of Pattaya are bad.

And from your quote below about Pattaya having some semblance of merit, it suggests the need for you to get out more - even if you are a boring 'young' fogey!

7 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

In any event, you obviously don't notice that most things that come out of Pattaya are bad.

And from your quote below about Pattaya having some semblance of merit, it suggests the need for you to get out more - even if you are a boring 'young' fogey!

I actually notice everything, its because I live here. Thats quite different from you and your ilk who live in the middle of nowhere in your dilapidated houses that you share with old battle axe wives (usually the village reject that everyone has had a go on until you turned up)  just wishing you had the money to live somewhere else.

touche

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, sungod said:

I actually notice everything, its because I live here. Thats quite different from you and your ilk who live in the middle of nowhere in your dilapidated houses that you share with old battle axe wives (usually the village reject that everyone has had a go on until you turned up)  just wishing you had the money to live somewhere else.

touche

Another bigoted Trumper, that would be best if they just kept quiet

What you know about me and 2 cents wouldn't get you a haircut!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Another bigoted Trumper, that would be best if they just kept quiet

Sorry, dont follow. Whats a Trumper?

But I would agree my knowledge of you is as limited as your knowledge of Pattaya.

Edited by sungod
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, sungod said:

Sorry, dont follow. Whats a Trumper?

But I would agree my knowledge of you is as limited as your knowledge of Pattaya.

Ha! Ha!

So it's goodbye from me and it's goodbye from him!

15 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Pattaya authorities detained several illegal immigrant beggars on Thursday to protect the 'city’s world-class tourism image.

At 6:00 PM on September 26th, Chonburi Immigration, Pattaya City officials, and the Chonburi Provincial Social Development and Human Security Office, jointly launched a crackdown on illegal immigrants begging in Pattaya. The authorities said the beggars were causing damage to the image of the city, which is a world-class tourist destination.

Officials inspected areas around Wat Chaimongkol on Pattaya Second Road and along Pattaya Beach, both of which are popular with tourists. They said immigrants had been using these locations to beg for money from tourists, causing annoyance.

Some even brought small children with them, which authorities suspected might not belong to them and could be victims of a human trafficking network. Others were elderly, and some appeared disabled to evoke sympathy from passersby. They would sit on the sidewalks, reaching out for money as tourists walked past them.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 

-- 2024-09-27

news-footer-3.png

image.png

M