Turning over a new leaf: How can I change my life to make my remaining years glorious?

Dear Folks,

Two days from now, we will experience one more Sunday.

I don't know about you, but I intend to spend this upcoming Sunday considering the best ways I can change my life to make my remaining 30 years on Planet Earth....nothing but glorious.

Firstly, as you might notice, I am already beginning by changing my pessimistic nature to one of complete optimism.

This, in my view, will set me up properly for my thoughts on Sunday concerning my Change of Life.

With most people, so I have heard, the Change of Life comes earlier than it has for me.

NOW, in fact, is the year in which I am experiencing The Change.

And, what does the idiom mean.......Turning over a new leaf?

Anytime I need help understanding anything HUMAN, my first thought is to check with an AI, or a Google AI...., and in this case.....

image.png.660cc9137c0ad07013d272d69d15c234.png

My hope is that, THIS SUNDAY, anyone reading my words will take a step back and consider that, due to the finiteness of life, we should....periodically....

Reevaluate the direction we are heading, and the direction from which we have come.

Are we really on the best path, according to our own personal wants and objectives?

I guess you might not think that I expect to live another 30 years.

But why?

Should we not all be optimists, in this respect?

Who knows, really, with upcoming miracle cures heading our way, if we might not be compelled to live....not another 30 years.....

But, perhaps another 60 years!

And, if we were to live another 60 years, then should we not, almost immediately, this Sunday, make a few changes in the way we live our lives???

There is nothing like a good sermon to get the blood boiling, in my view.

But since I do not go to church, and since I do not believe in a god, nor do I believe in any sort of CREATOR.....as did Captain Kirk.....

I must just listen to myself, as well as listen to some here on the Farang Pub, TV's very best sub-forum.

So I ask you.....

Do you think it's time for you to turn over a new leaf?

And, how much effort might that require?

Also, .....

How can I turn over my new leaf?

These are not just idle thoughts with no import for you, or your future happiness, or for your significant others.

I really MEAN this.....this time.

Something's got to change.

And, something's got to give, as Monroe found out, too late, after the 7-Year Itch.

Hope this humble Topic of mine might still provoke some soul-searching among the more attentive of you.

Best regards,

Gamma

Note: Speaking of leaves.  The most irritating leaf is he fig leaf.  So difficult to see through a fig leaf.....

NOTE4:  You know, Folks, ....

The way I look at my life, these days, is that I am extremely BLESSED to have not been on The Long March with Chairman Mao, back in the day......eating bark off trees...just to survive.

Most of us are blessed, comparatively, in this respect.

Therefore, in my thinking, we should not waste the remaining years of our lives, but should fulfill our best potential....during the remaining years left to us.

I am not saying that I would not have given my eyeteeth to have been on Mao's adventure, which I would have.

But since I missed out on Mao's Long March, then.....what else might I do to fulfill my yearning for something....truly...GREAT....during my years ahead.....?

image.png.96ca3c12a5780ac6aac0c1d935679bd1.png

Wish I could have been there with Chairman Mao....for sure!

Just like that American journalist....Edgar Snow.....

What a lucky duck he was.....

image.png.ceacbc4ce0d39546f84571af29aa046e.png

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1